Google I/O 2013

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
Those who followed the live blog all day, what are you excited about most? Least?

I thought the GS4 with pure Android on TMo and AT&T was a really a odd move. Seems to me like they will be causing consumer confusion as the what the "pure Google" product is. The 4, 7 and 10 Nexus layout seemed to be a pretty solid line with a clear definition in choice.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    The API stuff was pretty awesome.

Basically, they've set it up now that if Google can put it in their app, you can put it in yours. No private/restricted APIs for Google.

Messaging convergence is good. Needs more work.

AOSP GS4 is great (though I think it benefits the CyanogenMod crew more than anyone else).

No verdict on the new Earth/Maps/StreetView convergence as I didn't get my invite yet.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Conversation voice search in chrome is the first step towards no longer using a keyboard. Though it may take a few years to really become a really useful feature, if there is any company that can make this the new way to interface, it's Google.

I hope the new API policies help users create better apps. Apps in the play store have always seemed somewhat second rate to me, unless they are along the line of netflix, Pinterest and the other big companies with apps.