Pwning @CannonFodder's high scores in Defense Grid

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2013 in Gaming
Some people want to play their entire Steam catalog. Me? I just wanted to beat @CannonFodder's high scores in Defense Grid.

I targeted the 4 levels of the Borderlands DLC. The first 3 fell in rapid succession, but his insanely high score on the fourth and final level eluded me for weeks... until today. I didn't eek out these victories either - they were all by at least a thousand points.

Why do this?

Mostly because I know it'll drive him nuts. <3
AnnesThraxGnomeQueenTushonpigflippermertesnChoochprimesuspectPirateNinjaCantimaliaBobbyDigiJBoogaloomidgaRahnalH102

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Damnit. Well, guess I'll be playing Defense Grid now.
    One Down....
    BobbyDigiprimesuspectmidga
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Game on.
    mertesnprimesuspect
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    I hope when you say one down, you don't mean the first level. That one is mine.
    cola

That one is mine.

Mine.
    midga
    what the...

I had to try for about 3 days to beat that one level, and then you went and destroyed it.
    Annes
    OK, I'll take the first two back now.
    not possible you're cheating ryan ... or do I mean ... ROBOT
    midga
    After the weeks and weeks of playing the fourth level over and over and over... it changed my gameplay so much that coming back to level 1 was like "pffft... I did this terribly before".

not possible you're cheating ryan ... or do I mean ... ROBOT

Nope, just tons of use of checkpoints / backspace key, min/maxing towers, and layout trial and error.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    Since we are on the subject of Defense Grid.

Bellevue, WA (May 16th, 2013) – Hidden Path Entertainment is pleased to announce that it has teamed up with Steven Dengler of Dracogen Inc. as its mystery investor in order to help accomplish the greater goal of developing Defense Grid 2 (DG2), after its Kickstarter campaign was just sufficient to fund the Defense Grid: Containment expansion. Thanks to Dengler, the Defense Grid community will be no longer have to cry out, “We want more Defense Grid!” It is now coming in a major way in 2014.

Who is Steven Dengler? He is the CEO and co-founder of XE.com Inc., the world’s most used foreign exchange website. He is perhaps an “ultrabacker” on Kickstarter with over 75 backed projects from video games to electronic devices, from web series to documentaries. He pledged for the coveted speaking role on the new Veronica Mars film and is a frequent supporter of the Desert Bus and Child’s Play charities. Through his investment company Dracogen Inc., Dengler has helped finance other game titles, including multiple titles with Double Fine Productions. Hidden Path Entertainment is thrilled he chose DG2 for his next game investment.

Dengler had this to say about his involvement with Hidden Path Entertainment, “I'm extremely excited to be working with Hidden Path to help make Defense Grid 2 a reality. I'm a huge fan of the original game, and it's tremendously satisfying to provide resources to help get the game made. I love that crowd sourced funding provided the first step along the journey.” Dengler continues, “It's amazing to live in a time when the developer, a fan investor, and the fan base of the game itself can get a game funded on their own without relying on traditional publishers. This is a whole new model and it will be fascinating to see how far it can go.”

Hidden Path Entertainment is grateful for Steven Dengler’s involvement. Now Hidden Path has the opportunity to give you more Defense Grid. DG2 will be available in the first half of 2014. Be sure to join the forums and make your voice heard for what you would like to see in the game. Forums are located here: http://bit.ly/10ALscK
    My work here is done.

*walks away into the sunset.....
    primesuspectLincmidga
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Did someone say we're playing tower defense?

CBPirateNinjaCantiprimesuspect
  • I like Defending Towers

primesuspectRyanFodder
    @Prag - First I was like :(

Then I was like :D:D:D:D:D

Oh, and @tiberiuslazarus, if you beat this again, I quit.

That really escalated quickly...
    PirateNinja
    Sounded funny art 1:30 am, now it sounds threatening :(
    I meant the challenge escalated quickly, not your quitting comment :p
    :ninja:

(re-pwned level 2)
    PS: I actually got a similar score the round before AND IT DIDN'T SAVE IT so I had to do it all over again. :wtf:
    This thing escalated to the point where I'm going to have to make a spreadsheet. Just wanted to make that be known.
    I really don't think I'm gonna re-take the others. I went after 2 because I figured my existing strategy had more play in it and was right.
    Since I'm at work, what was your score / global rank?
    A bit over 93K, so +3K over yours. I forget the rank.
  • You guys are so ridiculously good at this, it hurts. I can't get over 80k. The only thing I can figure is that I would need to sell and rebuild between waves to maximize interest via only having towers useful to the oncoming wave. Otherwise I can't figure out how to reduce the amount of towers I'm using.

Do command towers give you the bonus on the flying aliens? Maybe that's what I'm missing. For now I'm exhausted with DG, and I retire to both of your superior strategerie.
    I definitely don't resell between waves. I think its a matter if finding the perfect tower to add at the last second possible.