Expo 2013 Schedule!

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
Announcing the schedule for Expo Icrontic 2013. We have an incredibly full schedule. Events marked "Everyone" (red) we're requesting all participants attend. Obviously we're hoping for maximum participation in the TF2 tournaments as well.

The schedule is NOT FINAL. But... hopefully close.

http://expo.icrontic.com/grid

Tastings have additional fees & signup. I expect both to be amazing; they're both in their second run and got high praise last time.

Many thanks to all the folks who have stepped up to coordinate events.

If you haven't gotten your ticket yet, time to get on that.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Somewhere in there I will be running games of Werewolf. If you haven't played before:

1) You'll love it.

2) I hope you're a good liar.
    CanticolaBobbyDigi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this is covered elsewhere yet, but PLEASE PLEASE do NOT bring your stuff in the basement until the all clear is given. Unless @Lincoln is providing a storage/staging space in the basement, all PC equipment should stay in your sleeping space, or other designated storage location until setup is finished and the all clear is given.

Thank you, as always.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    I'm arriving Monday, so whatever help you need, I'm in.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Other notes:
    • If Valve screws us on the TF2 tourney Friday (like they do), we'll move directly to LoL & movie time, and shift TF2 back 2 hours so everyone has time to update their clients
    • Please do not be late Saturday for Duct Tape Challenge - it's a blast, and needs to start on time
    • Bring your t-shirt to the group photo :p
    edited May 2013
    Ryder said:

PLEASE PLEASE do NOT bring your stuff in the basement until the all clear is given. Unless @Lincoln is providing a storage/staging space in the basement, all PC equipment should stay in your sleeping space, or other designated storage location until setup is finished and the all clear is given

I will provide designated storage space for LAN gear in the basement away from the main setup area (like the workshop room). DO NOT leave anything of value in your car during Expo. This ain't Warren.
    @Lincoln, please to add Vintage Scotch to the schedule.
    Thrax said:

Somewhere in there I will be running games of Werewolf.

It's the featured event Friday @ midnight, just like last year. A second game could run concurrent to Civ5 (Thurs 9pm) as well if you want more than 1 session.
    edited May 2013
    Continuing on the above (re: valuables) Keep in mind you may have to park up to 3-4 blocks away in any direction. Parking is already full (street parking just like Warren) even when there is no event at ICHQ.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=4304+Avery+Street,+Detroit,+MI&hl=en&sll=45.00109,-86.270553&sspn=13.984,26.015625&oq=4304+Avery&t=v&hnear=4304+Avery+St,+Detroit,+Wayne,+Michigan+48208&z=17

This is the location of ICHQ.. familiarize yourself with direction and adjacent streets if you are driving so that you can park effectively/efficiently.

(Edited my previous statement and the quote re: leaving stuff in cars)
    mertesn said:

@Lincoln, please to add Vintage Scotch to the schedule.

I've put this at the start of Werewolf; everyone can join the game as they finish their scotch.
    mertesn
    Thanks!
    Ryder said:

Keep in mind you may have to park up to 3-4 blocks away in any direction. Parking is already full (street parking just like Warren) even when there is no event at ICHQ.

Probably 1-2 blocks, hopefully. I've never seen Calumet a block west of us (across street to front) ever fill up unless there was a party nearby.

Traffic laws: 15 feet from Yield signs, 10 feet from fire hydrants and crosswalks. We've marked these distances with orange stakes outside our house.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Well at least we're going to get our exercise from lugging around our rigs from 2 blocks away.

/me looks at his 800D with disdain
    mertesnRahnalH102ErrorNullTurnip
    You can drop it off in front of the house, you just can't stay parked there.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Okay, I see a bike tour listed, but I haven't seen any threads about it. Admittedly I haven't been on the forum more than maybe a combined hour the last two months, but searching turned up only the 2012 thread. Any more info on that?
    @midga Norm was just here last night and mentioned he was about to "get on that". :)
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Yay :D
  • kimono54kimono54 Fort Wayne, IN Icrontian
    if this could somehow be planned, it would be the most spectacular thing ever. raul tells me that brian is a coffee connoisseur and i read in the hobbies section that he recommends chazzano as the best. blackhawk and i will definately be checking it out.

http://www.chazzanocoffee.com/host_cupping_party.php
    We did that 2 years ago and Chazzano is now a good 15-20 min drive away from ICHQ.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    It was done and it WAS the most spectacular thing ever. Probably my 2nd favorite LAN extracurricular ever.
    I wasn't able to participate last time for some reason. I'd be in for it this year.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Questions regarding event sign-ups:

1. Are we to sign up using the calendar grid, or on the forum threads?

2. If we said "in" on the forums, should we still sign up on the Grid?

3. Similarly, I'm interested in the Cheese Tasting event, but I can't find a thread for it. What do?

Thanks!
    edited May 2013
    @Bandrik On the individual event forum discussions. You don't need to actually sign up for things on Sched. "Cheese Tasting" is the public non-alcoholic code for wine tasting.
    I am closing the schedule now. Thanks to everyone who is running a session! We've never had a more packed or diverse schedule. http://expo.icrontic.com/grid/

It's definitely not too late to sign up for sessions you want to attend tho. Gaming doesn't require pre-signup, but all the tastings definitely do so your hosts can prepare accordingly.
  • LeahVoiceLeahVoice Hobgoblin of Good Grooming Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    I'm sort of ridiculously excited!
    RyanMMHumerusMeg
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    Quick question! Do we call people by forum names or real names?

Both. It's extremely confusing for a while. :D
    TheironhandRahnalH102
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    Lincoln said:

"Well, better grab a Snickers, Bobby Longshower is in the bathroom."

GET SOME NUTS!
    RahnalH102