Where were you 10 years ago?

13»

Comments

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Where was I on 5/26/2003?

I was in an apartment about 12 miles from here. My website and webshow "Online Video" at www.loudmouthtim.com had launched a little less than 2 months earlier, and I had made the first several episodes.

In the past several months, I had quit the computer school I was going to after finding out Penn State wouldn't accept their "credits" to add to the degree I already had, and the teachers in the school weren't teaching anything useful and couldn't answer my questions anyhow.

I had recently gotten my first DSL connection at home after it had just become available in my area, and downloading images and videos and things at a blazing 80 KB/second was incredible compared to my old 56K dial up! My Dell Dimension 2100 was rocking a 1.1 Ghz Celeron, XP, IE6 and 384 Mb of RAM!

I knew what I really wanted to do in life, but the fire wasn't in me enough yet to really take off and go pursue it hardcore. Plus, I was always either broke or nearly broke.

I was learning about computers on my own, and around the beginning of 2004 I started advertising for doing home PC repairs.

And other things.
    Cantiprimesuspect
  • kimono54kimono54 Fort Wayne, IN Icrontian
    10 years ago I had just broken up with my ex-fiancé and had just graduated from Indiana University- Bloomington with a BA in philosophy and sociology. I had just moved back in with my mom because I hadn't found a job yet. Life was pretty depressing.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    Ten years ago today, @Kwitko, @TBonZ and I were getting our first sneak peek of the forums as @Shorty wrestled with setting up vBulletin.
    KwitkoUPSLynx
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    I have 23 hrs and 2 mins to go before my join anniversary... 10 fracking years!!!! I had hair and none of it gray... and only one 12 year old kid. Now, 3 kids, mostly bald on the top of my head, and gray hairs all over...
    ThraxprimesuspectUPSLynxBobbyDigi
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    As of this upcoming Monday, 10 years ago I was sitting at the registration screen signing up for Icrontic.
    primesuspectUPSLynx
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    10 years ago I was not in Lexington, which was good, because I have no love for this town.
    It was also about the time I became an ATM repairman, which was also good.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    I was seven!
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    Thrax said:

As of this upcoming Monday, 10 years ago I was sitting at the registration screen signing up for Icrontic.

In 19 day's I'll be in the same boat.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Thrax said:

n00b

SonorousCanti