Grill masters - I need your help

PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
edited July 2013 in Food & Drink
Melissa and I bought steaks for tonight forgetting she has volunteer work tonight. We got home, I seasoned them with salt and pepper and tossed them in the fridge to be grilled later this evening.
Next, Melissa remembered she had to work and immediately rushed out the door. She won't be back for four hours.

Question:
Do I need to grill this steak tonight because I seasoned it? Or will the salt and pepper be ok to sit on it for 24 hours so I can just make it tomorrow evening?

Cheers!
- grill n00b

Comments

• Awesome, I have all of those ingredients handy. Cheers!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Agreed. Marinate and enjoy tomorrow.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

ITT: PirateNinja gets his meat left cold and Icrontic suggests he lube it up

-Digi

Not his fault, his woman had other plans.
    midga
  • As usual, I got lazy. So my meat sat dry then my woman came home early on her own accord. I'll probably marinate my meat and finish it off myself tomorrow.
    midgaCliff_Forster
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

As usual, I got lazy. So my meat sat dry then my woman came home early on her own accord. I'll probably marinate my meat and finish it off myself tomorrow.

So many jokes, I don't even know where to start...
    JBoogaloo
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    Since it's a grilling thread, I wanted to throw this marinade in for my favorite of all time for steaks: Pirate's Gold

I found it hidden behind one of the hooks that have random stuff on them in the marinade aisle at my local grocery store one day a couple years ago. Thought, "hey, pirates are pretty damn cool, and the ingredients sound delicious; I'll give this a try." Anywhere from an hour to two days is amazing. I usually shoot for about 24 hours.

And always remember to let your steaks come to room temperature before throwing them on the grill. :)
    JBoogalookimono54
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Cyclonite said:

And always remember to let your steaks come to room temperature before throwing them on the grill. :)

Quoting for importance. You want perfect grill marks without overcooking? They gotta be room temp before they go on the grill. Recognize.
    JBoogaloo
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Sub a good flavourful beer or two for the wine or whatever. Like a Deschutes Jubelale or something. Use a bottle and a half or something, though. You wanna leave a little left over for drinking.