Xbox One

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Not really the used games part.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Oh, okay. Never had any problems with second-hand games, but it's been a few years since I bought used games.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    In the US it can be difficult to find used PC games. Sometimes it's hard to find NEW PC games in stores, but anymore I don't even bother with shopping for games unless it's on Steam or GoG.

Edit: clarity
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    This Xbone exclusive looks pretty compelling.
    GnomeQueenRahnalH102
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    There are many reasons I will not buy this, from corporate moneygrubbing and potential data mining douchebaggary to simply it is a piece of shit, Microsoft you disappoint me. The PS4 on the other hand......yes....
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    I thought this was interesting. You can share your library with up to ten "family members." Additionally, you and one other person that you've shared your library with can be playing the same game simultaneously. All ten people could be playing different games from the same library. At least, that's how it's being understood right now.

I've purchased two copies of the same game before in order to play with friends/family. It's somewhat intriguing, though I don't know if it's enough to offset the other "features" of the XBox One.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    This is seriously their legit official stance and rhetoric on the connection issues situation

And the actual PR language and response permitted within the company to answer such a question

Jehosaphat Flipping Crimbo

EDIT: ---Gamestop is passing out flyers detailing the Xbox One's restrictions.---

EDIT 2: ---Microsoft Employees Ambush Wii U Best Buy Events To Promote Xbox One---

Can't make this shit up, just post it.

EDIT 3:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    BHHammyCreeperbane2
    edited June 2013
    @Snarkasm - Beating a dead horse is considerably more entertaining when it seems to wake up every hour or so to groan out about brains and vomit acid all over itself, though.

I wouldn't post nearly as much if it wasn't for the fact that I keep coming across stuff that's either mind-bogglingly idiotic or ridiculous.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    "Entertaining" is subjective... :)
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Well start subjecting like everyone else. Jeez.
    BHHammy
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I missed out on a week of XO discussion with you guys thanks to E3, but there's not much more I can add that hasn't been said at this point.

I can say that though the SEGA booth I was married to for the greater part of four days did not have any real specific console-centric direction (we were all PC plus Castle of Illusion on PS3), the general vibe from all of my colleagues was that the Xbox One was not a winner. In fact, I spent time walking around and talking to attendees and other booth workers to see what they thought about it all, and I very rarely could find people who had positive things to say about the XO. The vibe was just... really, really bad. It was easily the talk of the show, and for all the wrong reasons.

It really is dumbfounding to me why they're making some of these decisions. Just crazy.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    Maybe it's some brilliant marketing plan. Look how much people are talking about it! What if at the last second they hold a press conference and announce that all the DRM restrictions won't be in place? Horrible idea actually. Seems inline then.
    edited June 2013
    I'd almost say i'm getting an Acclaim Entertainment vibe from this whole shebang.

But then I remember that Microsoft hasn't tried to pay anyone to name their newborn child "Marcus Fenix" yet.
    Sonorous said:

Maybe it's some brilliant marketing plan. Look how much people are talking about it! What if at the last second they hold a press conference and announce that all the DRM restrictions won't be in place? Horrible idea actually. Seems inline then.

Honestly, that was the one thing I kept saying all E3 long that would have made MS saints to everyone. They had a massive opportunity at E3 to say "hey consumers, we're listening to you and we've decided to change X", but instead, they stuck to their guns behind a veil of silence, and just told people to deal with it or play 360.

I feel like most of this crap wouldn't be half the issue it is to most people had MS just been transparent about it from the start. After that announce, MS wouldn't comment on the rumors people were hearing from inside sources. And the problem grew as the rumors did, and people got mad. If MS would have confirmed up front the realities of this system I feel like no one would really care as much at this point.

• erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    Just watch ms will issue a required XL update to make Xbox 360 slow and undesirable or the system will over heat and explode. Well if this happens I'll just use my original Xbox one.
    Cliff_Forster
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    Oh wait my Xbox already exploded.image
    UPSLynx
  • @UPSLynx - People in power rarely admit they are wrong. It projects weakness.

Don Mattrick did what any corporate leader would do, just defend the initial position in an attempt to look smarter than everyone else. Look, sometimes it works in a company's favor. Henry Ford did this. He innovated production through standardization, by offering customers less choice, not more. Steve Jobs did this often until people stopped questioning his methods altogether.

We may not like it, but the Microsoft is going to try to convince everyone this is driving the market forward. If it does well, Don Mattrick will be hailed as a visionary, if it doesn't, he will just deploy his golden parachute and land somewhere relatively unscathed.

It's a game, if he gives up on his position now, he looks weak, he looks like he lacks the chops to take the consumers to where he thinks the market should go. Steve Jobs did this as well as anyone and he is revered as a genius. No, you don't need an FM tuner, yes people will to pay to download one song at a time, right clicking, who needs it??

The Mattrick position, why buy such a glorious piece of hardware and not connect it to the internet? Mr. consumer, we know what is best for you.... Sometime's it works. Henry Ford only painted em black.... Xbox One only works if you are online. It's ballsy, but if he sells it, he looks like a visionary. He has nothing to gain by backing down now.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Summarized in two words: "Doubling down."

It's the oldest PR trick in the book this side of total silence.
    Cliff_Forster
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Three words: sunk cost fallacy
    Cliff_Forster
    So this might be happening: http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

I'll believe it when I see it. Honestly I don't know what's worse for MS at this point - keep the DRM schemes in the system, or fall back on their staunch stance to support it.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    UPSLynx said:

Honestly I don't know what's worse for MS at this point - keep the DRM schemes in the system, or fall back on their staunch stance to support it.

I do: keeping it.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2013
    UPSLynx said:

So this might be happening: http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

I'll believe it when I see it. Honestly I don't know what's worse for MS at this point - keep the DRM schemes in the system, or fall back on their staunch stance to support it.

Seeing more reports of this filtering in, possibly with MS confirmation. All of the sites reporting on it are getting hammered right now, though, so it's tough to say.

Edit: http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Although reversing course is going to help them I still think their reputation took a big hit. It's still going to sell out though.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    If they want their console to survive, they will do it.

Period.
  • I can't help but wonder how/if this is going to hurt their bargaining power with publishers.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    UPSLynx said:

Still not buying it. Previously it was reasons. Now it's principle.