Epic Mann vs. Machine tales

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    I'll be in starting hopefully late tonight/tomorrow, I need to make robits bleed like @Ilriyas needs Rarity.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I still feel terrible about the AFK idle disconnect. Sorry, first team :(
    Laughing_Boy was a phenomenal pyro. We were all on our absolute A-game by the time we beat Wave 7. Ninja with the uncannily-timed buff banner crits enabled my sentry to take down the giant deflector heavies crazy fast. Crazy Ukrainian guy and Doc held the ground firm with their solid heavy builds. Digi's "Take one for the team and focus on snipers, despite urges to go see what was happening at the rear" was what kept us alive from the maniacally perfect snipers. Good show, everyone.
    edited November 2012

Digi has the story I'm sure, I just have the funny pic to prove it XD
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Cola was back for some Robot Killing Time and Icrontians were ready to join him. Well, it didn't exactly go as planned...

The team as it started

We spent a lot of time on wave 3, but eventually got passed it

We got to the final wave but it got late, peeps had to leave.

Cola and I stuck around and played with some pubs. It took a few more tries but in the end...

Triple Carbonado Snipers

I think the winning build was 2 Engis, 2 Pyros, a Demo and Sniper.

-Digi
    edited November 2012
    Ohhhh snap! FINALLY got my first expert tour completed, with all pubs.

Winning team makeup was scout, engie, pyro, two heavies, and demo

Double diamonds! Got a Diamond Botkiller sniper rifle AND a hat!
    TushonBobbyDigi
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    What were the heavies' loadouts?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    You had someone from MiT in your game. They're a really good TF2 clan that have been in talks of trying to make a pro team, I've played with them before and they can go on an absolute rampage. Cool guys most of them.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2012
    On a whim and request from _k .... I joined MvM last night for the first time. Thanks... now I have 3 games to bounce between. I am a faithful man and just playing with two makes me feel like I'm not giving my all to one or the other. THREE games, I am a gaming whore. :D
    Koreish said:

You had someone from MiT in your game. They're a really good TF2 clan that have been in talks of trying to make a pro team, I've played with them before and they can go on an absolute rampage. Cool guys most of them.

Yeah, he was awesome. I actually friended two people from that match, as they were polite, mature, helpful, and friendly. I couldn't believe my luck. The original six of us that got thrown together stuck together, and when we got to wave 5 and couldn't beat it, we all decided to restart fresh from round one, with each of us playing a different class (we started off with classes that weren't optimal for us, and ended up shifting around. I went from demo to scout, and so on...). After the re-jigger and restart, we plowed through and beat it.
    There were some good points brought up in-game last night: One of the main reasons Mannslaughter is so freaking hard is that the ideal class balance changes in Wave 4. What works well early-game (scout, for example, to get all the moneys) doesn't necessarily work well in Waves 4 and 5. A lot of times, success comes from someone bailing out due to frustration, then being replaced by a brand new person who can pick whatever class is needed most and has $3500+ to spend on optimizing their build.

It's a tough balancing act. If the build and money aren't there in the first three waves, you're basically fucked.
    Huge Congrats Prime!

I am Jelly of the diamonds. Awsome luck.

-Digi
    Congrats to Expert virgins @QCH, @CrazyJoe, @Pacifisto, and @ErrorNullTurnip. @Cola and I teamed up with them to complete their first Expert mission, Cataclysm. Everybody did really well and by the end of the mission, everybody was definitely MUCH more skilled, and we beat the mission :)
    DocFrazier
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Thanks, @primesuspect Not too bad for my second EVER MvM game. ;)
    Pacifisto
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I will burn all the things!!
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    We tried. I'm sure we woulda had it tonight if not for that weird demoknight bug.

Worst bug EVER. We nailed it and then a damned glitch prevented us from playing. Shit.

Consolation prize: I unboxed a tremendously unusual hat :D

Unusual Full Metal Drill Hat with Terror Watt effect.

Consolation Bonus: I get to sell his hat :-P

-Digi
    cola
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    ooooo It's like a mountie hat with a gear and a steam dial

Ily want.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2013
    That is awesome. I got a Data Mining Hat for the Engie with my key.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    omg I want dat hat.
    Bring that Sega money son.

Buy out $400

-Digi
    UPSLynx
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    Here's my epic MvM tale.

Last night, I was playing some sweet TF2 on a random server because 0 of my friends were online. I'm doing my usual thing... you know... being an awesome Engie delivering well placed teleporters, mini-sentries and dispensers to all the best spots. My team loves me. They crown me king and name their first borns in my honor. It's good times all around.

But I feel a calling. There's an emptiness.

I couldn't explain what I felt. It was like a deep yearning in my soul. An emptiness consuming all around it and leaving nothing but nothingness in its wake. A pain so cold it sent chills through my body, stiffness in my fingers, and blurred my vision. I knew something must be done.

There. In the lower right corner of my screen, a notification appeared. Primesuspect is playing TF2. The emptiness stopped. Another appeared. Cola is playing TF2. BobbyDigi is playing TF2.... I quickly checked the Icrontic server. It was empty. I looked at the friends list to see who was playing. Nobody. I tried to view your game information. Nothing.

Dejected, I fell back into the emptiness. And it was there, in that deep hole of darkness that my last query went out. My friends were playing MvM. The game was full. And I was alone.
    _kBobbyDigiUPSLynxprimesuspect
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

Bring that Sega money son.

Buy out $400

-Digi

Hmmmm... Shinola watch or TF2 #hat.... fffffuuuuuuuuuuu
    If you can get $400 for it, SOLD.
    Today was a show of the thrength of a few. We battled through 5 waves of Engineer madness. We had all but beaten wave 6 a few rounds prior. Tradgedy struck, the game crippling glitch that had stopped us a few nights prior had returned. We called a restart vote. It passed unanimously.

Now I come to you, after hours of slaying these mechanical monstrousities with a tale of victory. We pushed through all 7 waves, unyielding, for absolute victory. Two of us with completed tours. Icrontic MVM is truly epic.
    PirateNinjaPacifistoBuddyJ
    Congrats @Church4252 on learning how to MvM and getting "trial by fire" on the Engie maps.

Congrats @GnomeQueen on her first completed tour and Botkiller weapon :D
    GnomeQueenChooch
    edited July 2013
    Remember that one time I played for four hours, stayed up WAY past my bedtime but it was okay because I was having so much fun and we were teaching @GnomeQueen and @Gattsu about Expert mode and @BobbyDigi and @Karma and I were playing and we have a pub who probably had aspberger's but even though he was pushy and kind of rude, he had 119 tours under his belt and so we took his advice and his advice was actually good and we were doing better and we were juuuuuuuust about to win and then my internet connection died?

Me too.
    I remember...

With Prime...

:( And Without...

Another shot tonight?

-Digi