Ryan Davis of giantbomb has passed away

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
rough way to start the week. today news broke that Ryan Davis, Giantbomb.com co-founder and personality had passed away on July 3rd, just after being married.

www.giantbomb.com/articles/ryan-davis-1979-2013/1100-4685/

this is terrible news. the games journalism industry has lost one of the best. anyone who reads giantbomb knows just how charming and great Ryan was, and the fact that his name is trending on Twitter speaks volumes to his impact. Ryan was a huge inspiration to me when I first got into games journalism, and his video work on giant bomb helped me come up with the idea for Mind of UPSLynx. he's had a profound impact on my career.

I was fortunate to meet Ryan once in my THQ days. He was a very genuine person, and his passion for the industry was unmistakable. I'm sad that I will not get the chance to work with him again in the future.

RIP Ryan Davis.

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Sorry to hear that, so soon after his wedding too, :(
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I'm sorry to hear of his passing, and the void he leaves behind.

I hate finding out about cool people like this after it's too late. I never visited giantbomb much, and I should have.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I read the news earlier today and it broke my heart to hear about his passing. My heart and prayers goes out to him and to his friends and family.