Android Twitter App

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
What twitter app is everyone using? I just switched to tweetcaster and it's OK. I was planning on upgrading to pro so that I didn't have to deal with the ads at the bottom, but I wanted to see if anyone had a preferred app.

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I've been using the standard Twitter-produced app for as long as I can remember. The API rules they have put in place make it difficult for 3rd parties to produce a decent client anymore.
    shwaip
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

I've been using the standard Twitter-produced app for as long as I can remember. The API rules they have put in place make it difficult for 3rd parties to produce a decent client anymore.

I had been using tweetdeck, but I guess they killed the updates a while ago...and it finally just stopped working a week or so ago.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Problem with Falcon Pro is the aforementioned API changes/limits that Twitter has put in. There are a limited number of tokens an app can allocate to users, and once they are used up, they're gone. If users don't actively return their token after deciding not to use the app anymore, there's nothing that can be done.

Falcon Pro has run out of tokens several times and has been in a nearly constant fight with Twitter since the token system was put into place.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I use Tweetcaster Pro and love it. Zero problems.
    shwaip
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

I use Tweetcaster Pro and love it. Zero problems.

Problem with Falcon Pro is the aforementioned API changes/limits that Twitter has put in. There are a limited number of tokens an app can allocate to users, and once they are used up, they're gone. If users don't actively return their token after deciding not to use the app anymore, there's nothing that can be done.

Falcon Pro has run out of tokens several times and has been in a nearly constant fight with Twitter since the token system was put into place.

The article I linked includes a simple, effective workaround.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    I've been using Plume Premium and I really like it. Also like the fact that I can cross post to Facebook from it if I want.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    Thrax said:
    Been using UberSocial but I'd like to give Falcon Pro a try since people always talk about it on Reddit.
    I switched from UberSocial to Falcon Pro and don't regret it one bit. UberSocial just seems miserably clunky by comparison.