Installed TF2

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited August 2013 in Team Fortress 2
So after a LONG time I installed TF2 again. Its been about a year or so. What has changed?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Mostly robuttz
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Robots, also the Quick fix has been overhauled and the Concherior no longer sucks
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    MOAR HATZ
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    GW, have you played MvM?

Not much has changed. There are a couple of new maps. Most of the changes have been cosmetic. We still play every Tuesday night and if you'd like to go through MvM training, there is a pretty dedicated group of MvMers here that love introducing new people to the game. I'd be happy to take you on a MvM tour. I know @BobbyDigi, @PirateNinja, @ilriyas, @Trooster89, @Signal, and others also don't mind showing newbies the ropes.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I'd be in for this as well
  • @GnomeWizardd
    I'm pretty excited for MvM at any time, I'm just a bit busy lately and having a hard time making the time. The co-op MvM rounds often take 2-4 hours depending how difficult of a level we are on just to get through. But they are SOOOOOO fun. It's really a great time.

Whenever I can, I'll hit you up on Steam and see if we can get others in. Your first round is on me, meaning I'll gift you a ticket that will let us play on an official server (http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Tour_of_Duty_Ticket). That way you don't have to deal with mods, instability, etc.

@midga @_k_ and I think others also play MvM quite well.
    ====
    Other than MvM ... well, items + crafting. I'm not sure how long you have been out. You can get as deep as you want, or keep it casual. Sometimes I think I've gone off the deep end with TF2, but then I see others backpacks or MvM records and realize I haven't even scratched the surface.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    what the heck is M v M ?

Medic vs Medic?

what the heck is M v M ?

Medic vs Medic?

PirateNinja
    See:

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann_vs._Machine
    http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

TL;DR: It's a version of the game where you and five other people play against a horde of robots, instead of playing in teams against other players.
  • It's co-op TF2, sort of like Left 4 dead ..sort of. We get a team of perhaps 5 of us, and then defend against waves of incoming robot computer players. Don't be discouraged, it's more fun than I know how to describe. I wish I could play tonight, but I've got company and I must entertain!

GW, are there any specific days that you are free in the evenings? My weekends are pooched for the next 2 weeks.
    GnomeQueen
    Love LFD so the Co op MvM sounds like a blast, Ill have to learn some more later on tonight
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    The best way to learn is being thrown in the deep end. I have a ticket with your name on it if you have time tonight.
    Im in, after 8 EST prob
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

@midga @_k_ and I think others also play MvM quite well.

_k