I've picked out an AMD FX processor, and Asus Mobo. Yay? Nay?

Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
Yup! I recently purchased an nVidia GTX 760, and now my Athlon 64 X2 5200 (2.6Ghz) has become quite the bottleneck! It only runs at 800MHz FSB. *shudder*

Here's what I've picked out;
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz

Those are a combined price of about $400 at newegg.

It will eventually be water cooled, and overclocked.
Am I on the right track so I can start looking at how I'm going to cool it, or should I look at something else entirely?
Thanks guys!

Comments

• Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
    This is the memory I just picked out:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    If I am not mistaken the "go to" brand for motherboards here is Gigabyte. I have heard numerous gripes with Asus's poor customer support and product quality. I can't speak from experience though. @Thrax would be a good resource. I've gone over to the dark side and run all Intel these days.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    ASUS makes good FX boards. Wish I could say the same for my experiences with their Intel boards.
    Sonorous
  • Ghaleon4Ghaleon4 South Oklahoma
    Fabulous! Thank you both for the comments.
    Thrax, I remember getting advice from you on overclocking my AMD XP 1700 all the way to 2.2Ghz with my Asus Nforce Chipset!

And now I've decided on getting this bad boy as well (Kraken X60 Water AIO Cooler):
    http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/83-kraken-x60-cpu-cooler.html

But...what is everyone cooling their GPUs with lately? You think I could put a GPU waterblock in-line with the Kraken X60, or would it be foolish to do all of that with one radiator/pump?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I chill my CPU with the Corsair H100. Don't put a GPU in the loop if it's not a real water cooling build.