Beer Drinkers of IC, I have something you want

PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
edited August 2013 in Folding@Home
Here's the deal. A lot of us have family members suffering, or who have suffered, from Alzheimer's. A lot of us drink beer. A lot of us aren't folding.
IT'S WEIRD.
People that drink beer are known to be the finest and most generous caring individuals on Earth. We need to live up to this standard.
To help get you beer fans in to folding and helping us understand diseases like Alzheimer's, I have formulated a contest:

Rules
=============
1. Contest is open to any Icrontic member (You Don't Have to Drink Beer!, but the prize is focused on beer geeks)
2. You must post in this thread to say you are participating, even if you are already folding
3. You most fold for 7 days straight. I will monitor your activity through the Extreme Overclocking F@H stats pages.
4. Tracking starts September 1 and ends September 7
5. You can start before then, and you really should to make sure you have no issues.
6. You are encouraged to keep folding forever after that.

How Winners are Determined
=============
Out of the pool of candidates who did fold for 7 days straight and posted on this thread, a random drawing will be held to pick 3 winners.

Prizes
=============
3 Random Winners:
I have 3 Westvleteren coasters, which I took directly from the source on my pilgrimage through Belgium a few years ago (or maybe a year ago, I don't remember).
There will be 3 winners, each gets one of these coasters. I'll mail it to you.

Special Prize:
Among all new folders, or returning folders who have been out of it for a long time, the person with the most points this week gets an extremely special surprise prize.

Everyone who is folding for the first time:
******** A BADGE ********

Last Words
=============
That is all. Good day sirs, I say good day!
primesuspectmertesnJBoogaloooni_delsGnomeQueenBobbyDigi_kGargGattsucsimon

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    in. for the beer.
    also,
    wtf is folding?
    (cause according to my gf, i suck at folding clothes, so i hope that's not what we have to do...)
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    oni_dels said:

wtf is folding?

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    http://folding.stanford.edu/ There is a video explaining what they are/who they do and a download link below it.
  • d3k0y said:

oni_dels said:

wtf is folding?

It's a program you install that idles on your computer to simulate protein folding, a complex biological process that smarty-pants scientists can associate with diseases and learn from. So you let this software run in the background of your every day computer usage, and don't do anything else.

You don't have to fold your clothes. I'm not asking anybody here to be a grown up :P

When you install the software it will ask you for a team number. Enter 93.
    If you don't use your forum name for your username, tell me what you want to use instead.

Find your folding stats profile on this site and compare yourself to other IC people. It's fun!

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=21913

<3 me
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    There's a badge for new folders
    GnomeQueenoni_dels
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    In.
    PirateNinja
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Folding is super easy with the latest client. I'm in.

I was folding regularly until I had to break down my work rig and my home got too hot to leave the PC on. I've got central air in the new place, so I'll get back into it. Another bonus: with my home rig always on, I've got remote access to files via Skydrive, Teamviewer, etc.
    PirateNinja
    edited August 2013

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAID IT SOONER

EDIT: well i guess someone owes me a badge. i guess i started? is there anything i should be doing at this point?
    PirateNinjaBobbyDigi
  • BlueTattooBlueTattoo Boatbuilder Houston, TX Icrontian
    I'm always folding (and almost always drinking beer). I'll add my part-time folder for the contest week. Thanks for the incentive. I like beer coasters and sometimes even use one to protect the furniture.
    PirateNinjaBobbyDigi
    oni_dels said:

EDIT: well i guess someone owes me a badge. i guess i started? is there anything i should be doing at this point?
    What is the name you signed up with to fold?
    Tushon said:

oni_dels said:

oni-dels
    oni_dels said:

Tushon said:

oni_dels said:

oni-dels
    I'm not sure your client is setup properly, but it may not have turned in a WU or been reported by Pandegroup yet.
    _kBobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I need that coaster to go with my bottle! And the client looks so much different from the last time I used it.

I'll try to get it going tonight

:ninja:

-Digi
    PirateNinja
    edited August 2013
    If you can't look up your folding name here and you've turned in at least one work unit, there is something wrong with your client that needs to be corrected. Don't contribute to the anonymous menace!

Everyone should also use a passkey (get one here). You can use it during the setup or afterword by looking in the config. It may only be available by changing the level to Expert.
    _k
    Tushon said:

oni_dels said:

Tushon said:

oni_dels said:

oni-dels
    I'm not sure your client is setup properly, but it may not have turned in a WU or been reported by Pandegroup yet.
    soooo what if you tried looking while my pc was off, i mean i'm assuming that things isn't gonna show up, right?
    _k
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    @oni_dels
    As soon as you complete your first work unit, your username will be rewarded points and your username will be logged. It doesn't matter when we check to see if you exist, and if your computer is on. All that matters is if you have completed at least one unit and if you configured it properly.

Just look at the web controls, and click the tab named Identity.
    For name make sure you have oni-dels typed in
    For team make sure you have 93 typed in
    If you want to bother with a passkey you can, but it's optional.
    Save settings -- you should be good to go.

Cheers

oni_dels
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    I'm in

Folding ID is DJ_The-Quickness
    PirateNinja
    Well you can't fold if your PC is off, so probably not.
    _k

:rockon:

-Digi
    SonorousPirateNinja
    oh i see, i have to finish aone for it to sow up. well im like at 60%, so i guess tonight it'll be done
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    Ready to go.

I'm not entering the contest. I only want the badge.
    PirateNinjaoni_dels
  • @BlueTattoo
    @oni_dels
    @Gargoyle
    @Sonorous
    @BobbyDigi

It begins! Thank you participants!
    Please everyone PM me your address, since there are only five there will be consolation prizes :D
    Garg
    edited September 2013
    I get this every time my computer is idle:

It would seem every time it tries to kick on folding with me GPU. I've yet to Google it but if anyone has any suggestions, throw 'em my way. I did try the obvious and reinstall.

-Digi
  • I'd update your display drivers, I assume they would distribute and register opencl.
    BobbyDigi said:

I get this every time my computer is idle:

It would seem every time it tries to kick on folding with me GPU. I've yet to Google it but if anyone has any suggestions, throw 'em my way. I did try the obvious and reinstall.

-Digi

I would try updating your video card drivers to the latest available from either AMD or NVIDIA website. You may also have a conflict if you have onboard video on the mobo enabled and a separate video card.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    You can also disable GPU folding if it won't cooperate. A 6850 should perform pretty well, though, so it's worth a quick driver upgrade to see if it does the trick.
    i still don't know why i can't find myself in here, my name and team, even passkey are setup... i finished 1 thing so far...
    edited September 2013
    oni_dels said:

i still don't know why i can't find myself in here, my name and team, even passkey are setup... i finished 1 thing so far...

Post a screenshot of the Identity tab
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    oni_dels said:

I found you.
    http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=Oni-Dels
    folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=645475
    oni_dels
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited September 2013

@BlueTattoo
    @oni_dels
    @Gargoyle
    @Sonorous
    @BobbyDigi

Please everyone PM me your address, since there are only five there will be consolation prizes :D

Only one of you has PMed me an address! How get prizes?!

Edit: Digi I know your address, derp.