thing you thought had no value but did

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
Who new.
I have a few things for sale on eBay but the point of the topic is an item I got for a video game reserve at EB games. When I reserve doom3 PC I like many got a pewter pinky demon by reeper licensed by I'd software. Apparently there worth $60 now so hold on to yours if you have one.

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Reaper minis are the shit.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    My SNES copy of Earthbound, with box, stickers and players guide.

Also I love my SNES, so I am never selling it.
    Guppy
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    No clue if it's worth much but I've got an old Tandy TRS-80 model 200 laptop laying around that still turned on a few years back.
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    My mom still rocking her Toshiba satellite with win 95 :-)
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I'm in the opposite boat. I had a huge collection of Beanie Babies growing up. They're worth less than dirt with the exception of a very few, but even then they're not worth what collectors of the time predicted them to be.
    Koreish said:

I'm in the opposite boat. I had a huge collection of Beanie Babies growing up. They're worth less than dirt with the exception of a very few, but even then they're not worth what collectors of the time predicted them to be.

I have 5-6 I keep locked in a shoebox just in case they are worth anything. I also keep a set of the Nintendo beanbag figures; Mario, Luigi, Bowser and Yoshi specifically)

erichblas2005
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    Have a first edition of 'The Shining' by Stephen King, hardback. Dust cover isn't pristine, but is pretty good. Have had it for years, got it for a buck or something at a garage sale, and thought it might be worth a couple bucks but nothing special. Looked on ebay last night for a giggle, there are bids over $150 on some. Huh!
    erichblas2005
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Koreish said:

I had a huge collection of Beanie Babies growing up.

I bought a Speedy (turtle) because I thought it was cute and cut the tag off. You'd think I'd defiled a cathedral. "YOU CUT THE TAG OFF??" :rolleyes:
    midga
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited August 2013
    I have a still packaged copy of the out of print Tool Salival DVD set. No idea what it is worth now. I would imagine a few hundred due to its limited run.

Edit: Assumption correct. Ebay has them listed from $150 to $400. I'll just keep holding on to it.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I once found, at the back of a shelf in an OddLots (If you don't have those it's a stock overun and seconds outlet) in the toys department, a full case of DragonballZ collector's cards (series 5, I think) for $2. This was something like 36 packs of 10 cards apiece. I was into DBZ at the time, and thought it was neat, so I picked it up.

I opened all of the packs, and sorted the cards. At the end I was able to make one full set of the collection (I think it was a 45 card series) out of the hundreds of cards.

I sold that set of cards on eBay for about $90. I kept a couple of the remaining cards for myself, and tossed the rest in the bin.
    midgaBasil
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    I walked into work today to find the CFO trying to fit a SFP transceiver module into his PC, complaining that "none of the flash drives work." So I asked him what he did with the other ones and was informed he had thrown them in the trash. He refused to believe me when I informed him the broken jump drive was actually a $200 chunk of circuitry. Eventually we entered in the model number and found out that this one's actually worth closer to $500. Who'da thunk.

Apparently the woman in charge of managing the office supplies got a box of these things by mistake and had been handing them out to people who asked for flash drives. We've found six of the ten so far.
    Basil
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Requit said:

I walked into work today to find the CFO trying to fit a SFP transceiver module into his PC, complaining that "none of the flash drives work." So I asked him what he did with the other ones and was informed he had thrown them in the trash. He refused to believe me when I informed him the broken jump drive was actually a $200 chunk of circuitry. Eventually we entered in the model number and found out that this one's actually worth closer to $500. Who'da thunk.

Apparently the woman in charge of managing the office supplies got a box of these things by mistake and had been handing them out to people who asked for flash drives. We've found six of the ten so far.

Requiterichblas2005PirateNinja
    edited August 2013
    Along the lines of @CB's story, I once bought a MTG starter deck (equivalent of 3 boosters) of Fifth Edition that consisted of rares in all the rare and uncommon slots, and uncommons in all the common slots. I immediately walked back to the store and bought the only remaining deck in the box and it was the same. No idea how the folks who bought the other 10 didn't figure it out.
    midgaoni_dels
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Lincoln said:

Koreish said:

I had a huge collection of Beanie Babies growing up.

I bought a Speedy (turtle) because I thought it was cute and cut the tag off. You'd think I'd defiled a cathedral. "YOU CUT THE TAG OFF??" :rolleyes:
    Yeah I cut the tag off of Speedy too, along with several others of my first couple dozen. Then I started to learn what collecting was about. Damn growing up and shit.
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    Marty just got a Beanie Baby dog from his great-grandpa. I cut the tag off without even looking at the name before letting Marty play with him. :P

The thing I was surprised by last year was when we were purging our library and @CB convinced me to sell off my text books from my undergrad & grad classes and the math texts were going for like $30/book and the business books (the usual "who moved the cheese" type) were going for $80-$100. :eyes:
    midga
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    I got this for $10 while buying an electric piano from some lady. These things in this condition (it runs wonderfully) can go for up to $800. Totally not selling it though.
    midga
    My father used to have an old reel to reel, he spent something like 75% of his free time saving his old reels to CDs and posting them on message boards.
    Remember I once seen a 16mn mono version or starwars at a garage sale. Kick my self for not buying it.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Myself.

Also I have an old Yashica MAT 124 camera that my Mom passed on to me. Research has it at somewhere in the ballpark of $350-$500. Like hell I'm gonna sell it though.
    Koreish said:

Then I started to learn what collecting consumerism was about. Damn growing up and shit.

The indoctrination was completed. :D
    midga
    edited August 2013
    Old Sony memory sticks 8mb - 512mb. Who comes up with the crazy price structure.
    Oh and the Sony msac-fd2m floppy disk adapter .
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Who new.
    I have a few things for sale on eBay but the point of the topic is an item I got for a video game reserve at EB games. When I reserve doom3 PC I like many got a pewter pinky demon by reeper licensed by I'd software. Apparently there worth $60 now so hold on to yours if you have one.

Wat. I have about a dozen of those from when I was a vendor rep...assuming I kept them. Hrm. Where the hell would I have put those if I didn't throw them away?
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    Don't regret de-tagging the BBs, my kids played with them so much that the washing machine was a must.

What have I gotten rid of that I wish that I had? the old Teac real to real tape machine.
    I actually still have a bunch of old bicycle stuff that is worth money, I just have to get off of my butt and sell it.
  • I basically let a kid have Bill's hat a year or so ago because he asked nice and I guess he traded me a Brass Beast or something (I can't even remember)? I didn't know it would have any monetary value.
  • I had purchased an entire lot of the original Nightmare Before Christmas toys on a whim. The whole collection two times over. It was a post Christmas toy sale, and I think I purchased two whole sets for about $30. (About $1.99 a pop if I remember correctly)

Those things sky rocketed in value, I sold them to a toy vendor at a flea market in the late 90's. Paid off some credit card debt's with them.
    edited August 2013

I had purchased an entire lot of the original Nightmare Before Christmas toys on a whim. The whole collection two times over. It was a post Christmas toy sale, and I think I purchased two whole sets for about $30. (About $1.99 a pop if I remember correctly)

Those things sky rocketed in value, I sold them to a toy vendor at a flea market in the late 90's. Paid off some credit card debt's with them.

Good for you :-)
    I just wish I could do the same.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I have a first edition, first printing of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory somewhere in my basement. I figured it would be worth a few bucks. I'm seeing anywhere from $100-600, depending on condition.

I'm going to have to find this book. I also have the same edition/printing of Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    well not counting the 40+ skylanders figurine i have, (some of them going for more 60$ on ebay), and, well the drawers full of MTG cards, or the box full of late 80's to mid 90's video games...
    wait i lost my train of thoughts...