old macbook pro recommendations

erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native TexanHouston,Texas Member
I want to buy a macbook on a budget.
What are your thoughts on this. The one I prefer is the aluminum case.

Comments

• I don't know why I even bother... but what do you mean by "on a budget"? That's such a generic statement that it could mean anything. There are people that "on a budget" means $500, and there are people that it means $5,000. Also, what do you plan on using the MBP for? Playing games? Office work? Audio/video editing? General Internet use? All of the above?

If you expect people to help you, you have to be more specific with the questions that you ask.
    Linc
  • erichblas2005erichblas2005 Your Native Texan Houston,Texas Member
    Something in the in the sub 300 range. definitely not $5,000.
  • I wouldn't buy any MBP that you can find for under $300. It will be broken or have other major problems.
    Linc
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    As it happens, a friend of mine is selling his macbook pro. See the picture descriptions for details and I can arrange contact info swap if wanted. Like @ardichoke said, you're going to be hard pressed to get one that is working for <$300. This would be shipping from Dallas and I do not know how long it will be available
    LincBlueTattoo
    ardichoke said:

I wouldn't buy any MBP that you can find for under $300. It will be broken or have other major problems.

the condition isn't a problem .there's a lot of things that I can fix. if there is no major dents to the outside of the computer.
    Well I found one. A coworker has s macbook with the following specs.
    Intel core 2 duo
    4gb of ram
    250gb HDD
    And loaded with software to many to list. Guy at work just don't like macs and got for 100.00 WO/charger.
    Well I got my battery from eBay today. funny thing is it was dead on arrival. so I decided to take it to apple. surprisingly enough the salesperson swapped it out.
    midga