ICJS - IC Jon SNOUWWWGHHWGHHW

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    No problem. That priority is way higher up, @Ryder.

The only complication with that, Dan, is that my older brother is probably still coming (he's supposed to be deciding tonight) and he really wanted to maximize slope time.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Nicole is also all about the maximum snowage. Make no mistake, this is a snow trip for her. I'm all in for the lodge/3 day/stuff thing
  • Understandable, I don't want to take away from serious slopers. I'm just being selfish. But if he and everyone decide slope time isn't as important the offer stands. Although 5 people plus gear would be a bit tight in my rav4, still doable.
    Ryder, I'm sorry :( Let us know if we can somehow be of any help.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    Bah, I missed this. Would be in but can't commit with the move and job looking.
    "missed it" is a matter of interpretation. I'm planning to have a small amount of wiggle room for late-comers.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    @Tushon

Ashley and I are wanting to go, Feb 7-9th right?

Can you put a TLDR up?

feb 6 arrival, depart later on feb 9. I'm going to try to coordinate flights/shuttle times around Brian's already obtained tickets, and will put up info when he gets back to me, I'm expecting it to be after honeymoon. I plan to have us all in either a suite style place, though I think we might be at the tipping point where we'll need one additional room. Messaged the relevant person.
    Tushon said:

feb 6 arrival, depart later on feb 9. I'm going to try to coordinate flights/shuttle times around Brian's already obtained tickets, and will put up info when he gets back to me, I'm expecting it to be after honeymoon. I plan to have us all in either a suite style place, though I think we might be at the tipping point where we'll need one additional room. Messaged the relevant person.

okay sounds good. I'm sure we'll be renting a car (jeep)

also I'm told I will need to attempt skiing lol. i told her a snowmobile is more fun but...
    If you plan to rent, you should take Dan up on his offer of getting off airport first. I planned to just use shuttle and not leave resort/town area.
  • PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian
    would it bugger things up if i asked if my sister/whoever and my friend/whoever if they wanted to come out since it seems we've got some peep snafus?
    Well, if they book their own lodging, lift tickets and rentals, no problem! *wink*

There are 2 bed hotel style rooms that we could see about getting them on the same floor, then they'd be able to use the kitchen(ette?) in our room for meals, but sleeping arrangements would be hard to swing unless they wanted the floor. All beds are accounted for in the room that I booked. I believe we'd have room for them on the shuttle though.

I texted my brother to confirm he is in for the "final" price and dates, which I believe he is .. if not, there will be one bed open in our room, so we'd see how to work it out.
  • I may have people moving in with me January, so my ability to house anyone could be compromised. I can likely still help with driving, but I wouldn't rely on me 100% at this point.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @PirateNinja IcrontiColoradoCommune
    PirateNinja
    ehhhhh I'll need to know pretty soon if I should book rooms because our extended stay was primarily to stay with you and Melissa.
  • Sorry for the confusion, that's totally cool and we did talk about it before so I'm not going to flake on you. That puts me at a bit of a full house though. Is there anyone else who was planning on staying with us that I forgot about?

would it bugger things up if i asked if my sister/whoever and my friend/whoever if they wanted to come out since it seems we've got some peep snafus?

My brother replied and said that he "should probably let them go" based on timing/value, so there is now one bed open in the room, if your friend/sister/whoever wants to fight/share/makeup over it, they are welcome/denied the ability to do so. If they both come, I'll have to think about how to split their costs out most easily, but it'll probably be them paying me and me adding the appropriate spots to reserverations.
    edited January 2014
    Due to ~circumstances~, we have one available bed for a single/couple.

The TL;DR is arriving in Denver around 4P on February 6th and aiming to be out on flights in Denver around 7/8P on February 9th, your total costs for the trip will be $588 + food (since this will vary depending on if you go with mostly groceries and group cooking or mostly eating out) + and your transportation to Denver (from your home location). $588 covers your portion of the room, rentals, lift tickets, etc. You won't need a rental car. Please respond or PM me if you are interested and I accept payment plans if you'll be able to pay back over a few months, since $588+airfare can be hard to swing in this time frame but reasonable over time. I'm excited about this trip. Family/friends of current attendees are welcome, as long as they'll be okay with this crowd :)
    Last bump for late comers :)

Still have one bed open for either a couple or single (the cost is at single, would go down slightly more if a couple joined us).

Much cold.

Such snow
    RyanFodder
  • Indeed, it's -11 in Parker right now. Was -30 last night with wind chill? I know, I know: Michigan and etc are colder, but it's been a bit chilly here especially for shoveling.
    Shit's crazy, yo.
    Shit is CRAZY here. So far my flight hasn't been delayed, but AirTran already warned us it's a possibility. There's like 13-16 inches out there again fffffff
    Tushon
  • I just walked 2 miles in the snow to pick up the winter/ski gear I had ordered. Walking in snow sucks. Fuck the weather. That is all.

Ps. Is can be ski time yet?
    i might need warmer clothes
    Here.
    UPSLynxPirateNinja
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    So is @PirateNinja feeding you supermarket salsa and Coors? Are you sure he's not trying to kill you?
    primesuspect
    edited February 2014
    THANK YOU!

Thank you @Tushon for putting together a very successful brand-new Icrontic event. You are a superstar, and it was an amazing venue.

Thank you @PirateNinja and @Confused_Kitty for opening their home and kitchen to a gaggle of sore & tired Icrontians

Thank you everybody who came, @TiberiusLazarus @Fatcat @Cannonfodder @Malia @TroubleBaker and Ashley. It was a blast hanging out with you guys.

Already looking forward to ICJS 2015 and maybe being actually not deathly ill so I can actually ski!
    HumerusMeg
  • No sweat! And thank you @Tushon for chopping all those veggies. I'm still eating them days later.
  • Ok who here is missing a large green tshirt? It was sent to me along with the pillow from the hotel.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I bet it's @Tushon's. Dude left socks at my house. He's a clothes-leaver.