Civ 5 - Rage Against the Machine(s)

2»

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Ethiopia it is, then.
    Basil
  • I propose a simple strategy; rush and fuck.
    BobbyDigicola
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    The Aztecs are ready for this strategy!! Sacrifice all the non-believers!!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    You know us Americans, always up for violent expansion of our foreign interests, especially when robots are involved.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    You know me: I'm always for a turtle-beakers strat.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    So, change of plan.

AS Brave New World would force me to use an unsuitably large map Dickbots 2 will just be running G&K and the DLC civs.

Only real loss are the trade routes and new x com unit but it's worth it to avoid giving the AI space enough for the 3 cities it will start with.

Both games are now live, good luck!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    Woo!

I didn't notice the civ discussion beforehand, but went with China. Since I get Great Generals more frequently, I figured I could both cheese myself some new territory and hunker down in their fortresses if necessary.
    Basil said:

So, change of plan.

AS Brave New World would force me to use an unsuitably large map Dickbots 2 will just be running G&K and the DLC civs.

Only real loss are the trade routes and new x com unit but it's worth it to avoid giving the AI space enough for the 3 cities it will start with.

Both games are now live, good luck!

How does bnw increase the world size?
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    CB said:

How does bnw increase the world size?

Apparently the number of players/map size is dictated by an XML file buried somewhere in Civ's installation with a separate one for each expansion.

All I can be sure of is that the first, G&K, game worked as intended but the second would only use the map size I want with BNR disabled.
    Bit of a moot point at the moment as the save won't even load for pirateninja, gonna revert and try a different config today.
  • I've only taken my first turn, but I already enjoy the initial game setup tremendously. Great idea, Basil.
    PirateNinja
    Margaritaville has plenty to get drunk on, but is otherwise surrounded by ice and rocks. :/
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    CB said:

MargaritavilleScotland has plenty to get drunk on, but is otherwise surrounded by ice and rocks. :/

PirateNinjaBasil
    The Aztecs are situated nicely between two lakes so we should population boom nicely. We might not produce much, but we will be huge!!
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    The proud SWEDES have set up on an impressive oil and iron deposit. Glorious industry is predicted in the future!
  • CrazyJoe said:

The Aztecs are situated nicely between two lakes so we should population boom nicely. We might not produce much, but we will be huge!!

My Aztec civilization ended up on a 1x4 block peninsula. Nothing to do but build a Seaport...
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    Nearby oil and iron, lots of silk. China looks like it's in good shape.

Started heading west to tango with the orange Japanese, and then purple ones outta nowhere. I'd better be careful.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    I feel like we possibly could have explored a bit more rather than stealing land from one another...
    I still have yet to settle my only city. Nothing but desert to the south of the lakes, so I'm exploring a bit more before i plop down. No real resources to speak of.
  • This thread is too confusing.
    Here, new strategy threads:

Dickbots I

Dickbots II
    midgaCB
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Some context in those OPs would be great :wtf: