Detroit Mower Gang

ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

http://www.mowergang.com/
From Reddit, but I thought it was relevant to Icrontic's interests.
TushonRahnalH102GuppyChoochRyanFodderCantiGHoosdummidgaCreeperbane2

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Good people doing a good thing and having a good time. Yay for communities coming together.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Actually a really good idea, a nice relaxing BIG lawn to mow. Get some tunes and some good ear muffs and ride around all day. City was probably spending a few hundred bucks a month in upkeep, volunteers can probably do the same job for less than 100 bucks in gas and some trash bags.
  • d3k0y said:

Actually a really good idea, a nice relaxing BIG lawn to mow. Get some tunes and some good ear muffs and ride around all day. City was probably spending a few hundred bucks a month in upkeep, volunteers can probably do the same job for less than 100 bucks in gas and some trash bags.

Actually, I think the problem was the city wasn't doing any upkeep on the parks so he decided to at least mow some of them.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

d3k0y said:

Actually, I think the problem was the city wasn't doing any upkeep on the parks so he decided to at least mow some of them.
    He's just saying the city was spending more previous to stopping completely vs the cost for volunteers.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I've been aware of their much appreciated exploits. I'm pretty sure they don't coordinate with the city officially, they're just picking up the slack of cut services and AWOL landlords. Things have been significantly improving around here lately tho, so hopefully their workload will slacken a bit soon, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Sounds like a really cool idea.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Any plans for IC Meets MowerGang?
  • midga said:

Can there be a highly choreographed dance-fight?
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Play it cool...
    Linc
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    midga said:

I was considering a neighborhood alley cleanup some time, or similar neighborhood-centered project. If there's interest from Icrontic I'd be more than happy to schedule it around an event like ICSP.
    GnomeQueen
  • Its weird.

Some people go on cruises or to foreign countries for vacations. I keeping taking vacations and going to Detroit and doing manual labor.

(Probably interested)
    LincprimesuspectGnomeQueen
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    If I'm around at the right time, would love to roll up my sleeves and beautify some shit.