Epic Mann vs. Machine tales

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Yes, please
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    Have you sold that hat yet?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Nope. Unusual selling/trading can sometimes be a long process. Because the hat and the effect are so new, there is not a lot to judge value on it. Need time to tell us a general tier of each. I honestly thought there would be more interest 'cuz I think it is a cool hat. I've gotten a few bites but all very lowball. I will hopefully have some computer time tonight and tomorrow where I will be actively bumping the listings.

-Digi
    Popped @MiracleManS MvM cherry tonight, only took 45 minutes, no wave failure.

Engi view on Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/b0bbydigi/c/2862697

-Digi
    PirateNinjaErrorNullTurnipprimesuspect
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Thanks to everyone who participated. Was a great time and would love to do it again!
    PirateNinjaprimesuspect
    Tried out the Hardy Laural:

It is awesome:

And a Coaltown run:

As always, good times!

-Digi
  • Anybody want to play again today by chance?
    I wouldn't mind, but I can't until maybe 10pm EST or so
    Also, broke @Sonorous' MvM cherry today :D
    oni_dels
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Since work apparently didn't want me to earn a paycheck today I'd be willing to give it a go.
    A very hard fought and frustrating (though ultimately victorious) battle tonight on the hardest of the three Engie maps.

@Trooster89, @Bobbydigi, @GnomeQueen, @Signal, and @RahnalH102 pulled this one out of our asses despite a last minute loss of Signal (his internet went down) :(

The most insanely frustrating part of this map is how badly you get bobbled around by the bots. I spent more time flying around in the air than on the ground. Maddening.

I got flung all the way across the map, off the cliff and was suspended over the water by bullets until they relented, letting me plunge to my doom.

After we lost signal, a pub joined, we beat the last wave, and the pub got a Golden botkiller knife. Lucky bastard.

trooster89
    I got a new hat this morning, Was good time breaking it in!

We hit a bug (if you want to call it that) on the Boss soli. Prime (Scout) jumped on his head and the asshole froze. Spinning around trying to lock onto the scout who was smacking him in the head with his fan like a pissed of geisha. The rest of us whaled away at him until Victory.

Damn that took a long time!

-Digi
    trooster89PirateNinja
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    During the 100 SPY wave, I decided to get to higher ground.
    It didn't help.

Then the final wave went something like this:
    @Primesuspect: I role to pin the Capt. to the ground.
    *Die roll ... 20!*
    Horrid screencap I'm sorry, but yeah, Prime got on top of the boss and held him at that spot somehow, while we melted the rest of his HP.
    PirateNinja
  • So sorry about that guys. Like I said my connection isn't stable, I'm surprised it held out as long as it did. Glad to hear you made it through with the pub though. Turns out Prime did have Scout Mantreads.
    BobbyDigi
    It felt a little like cheating. Somehow I pinned him by standing on his head. Whatever, it worked.
    oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian

It felt a little like cheating. Somehow I pinned him by standing on his head. Whatever, it worked.

that,s what she said.
    wait, what?
    It was a grim beginning we got to wave six and could progress no farther. I decided that I had made a poor series of upgrades on demo and it was hindering us a great deal. Eventually we elected to restart, but this time I choose sniper. We rallied and only had to replay one wave once. It ended up being alright the day was won and the robutts were defeated.
    edited September 2013
    It's AMAZING what an effect the upgrade path has in Expert mode. When we did the second run I respecced completely as defensive scout, focusing all my money on resistance. I was basically an unstoppable money vacuum and I was able to distract fire enough to let everybody else kill butts.

GG.

PirateNinja
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    @primesuspect @Marshmellow @Signal @bobbydigi

Thanks for the run last night guys. I finally completed my first tour! and I got a s. silver flamethrower :) After beating the last 2 engie maps first, that demo was a piece of cake compared to the heavy.
    PirateNinja
    Congrats my friend! Good times had by all.

-Digi
    Thanks for making my last TF2 as a single dude awesome :) See you guys in a month or so. Honeymoon ahoy!
    PirateNinja
    So last night @Primesuspect, @BobbyDigi, @TitzTrooster, @Signal, @Marshmellow? and myself rolled the nightmare wave that we all had so much trouble with last year, though the server was playing against us. The only part that really gave us trouble was when the 96 spies spawned with 4 tanks as well. It got hairy there but we still managed to kill the last tank before it dropped off the deadly payload. There does appear to be a glitch or something though, because some of us didn't get the achievement, and at least in my case also didn't get any sweet loot.
    primesuspect
    No loot because it is in Boot Camp mode. No tickets = no loot.

The Achievement that Prime and I received was "Defeat a round with 5 people on your friends list". Only thing I can come up with is that they recently "fixed" that chevo and you the other 4 players either already had it or didn't have at least one of the others on their friends list.

Amazing roll last night. Would love to do it at least one more time before the end of the event.

-Digi
    I was under the impression that you still get something for finishing a nightmare run.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Koreish said:

I was under the impression that you still get something for finishing a nightmare run.

A sense of relief that the server held out long enough for you to complete it.
    primesuspectKoreish
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I tried to join you guys last night but the server was full.
    After 7-8hrs on that map I couldn't keep going. Best of luck to those of you still playing, but it wasn't going to happen for me.
    Everyone but Butters and I headed out, and I understand it was getting frustrating. But it has to boil down to a bad mix we had. 4 Pubs came on and we swept the last two waves without failing.

I got a Medi Gun Killstreak kit for my tour. No Australium :(

-Digi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Dang, I just noticed my steam was offline, I would have been more than happy to come help you guys out
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Did anyone get anything from my surplus ticket last night? I checked my backpack and I noticed I didn't get any loot from Cola's surplus or my own. Also my ticket was still there. @cola did you get credit for completing the tour?