League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I told him through the tweets. He knows.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2013

Ban Poppy.
    RahnalH102Tushon
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    this is relevant to my interests:

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    So I decided I wanted to kind of figure out what you guys were all so hyped on, and I watched the world semis and finals (gg Korea).

I still have no idea what the hell all this moonspeak is, but I'm trying to play it anyway. How in the world do you handle mana properly? Are you just supposed to use reusables constantly, or have I missed a sweet equippable that boosts regen?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    Snarkasm said:

So I decided I wanted to kind of figure out what you guys were all so hyped on, and I watched the world semis and finals (gg Korea).

I still have no idea what the hell all this moonspeak is, but I'm trying to play it anyway. How in the world do you handle mana properly? Are you just supposed to use reusables constantly, or have I missed a sweet equippable that boosts regen?

On heavy mana champs, you can do a combination of two things: constantly rebuy both health and mana pots as needed and use spells sparingly. There are often spells that are inappropriate to use against minions because their cost in mana vs their effectiveness is too high. Save mana for killing champions most of the time, or buy a mana regen item early, like Tear or Chalice depending on which would be appropriate for your end-game. (neat fact: you can search for item names or properties like mana regen in the search box of shop)
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Tushon said:

Snarkasm said:

On heavy mana champs, you can do a combination of two things: constantly rebuy both health and mana pots as needed and use spells sparingly. There are often spells that are inappropriate to use against minions because their cost in mana vs their effectiveness is too high. Save mana for killing champions most of the time, or buy a mana regen item early, like Tear or Chalice depending on which would be appropriate for your end-game. (neat fact: you can search for item names or properties like mana regen in the search box of shop)
    Tushon said:

Snarkasm said:

I would HIGHLY recommend looking up guides for the champs you are playing for items builds. Here are some good sites:

solomid.net
    mobafire.com

The reason I suggest this is that it will help you learn the items and keep you from spending tons of time searching for that one item when you should be running down the lane to kill minions / defend your tower.

These guides will also most likely mention when you should be using spells on minions (rarely) and when you should (if you buy an item that requires spell spamming to be effective). Items will make your character into something different depending on what you buy - so this will also help you correlate what items go with what play style (eventually.)

Best bet for learning the game: find someone on mumble and we'll play with you :)
    Yeah, I've been trying to find time to read about stuff before I really jump in. Played one coop V AI as Morgana and ended up 1-6-6 or something, everybody else on my level except one guy who decided to go 22-4-2.

I think I carried that team.
    primesuspect
    Snarkasm said:

Yeah, I've been trying to find time to read about stuff before I really jump in. Played one coop V AI as Morgana and ended up 1-6-6 or something, everybody else on my level except one guy who decided to go 22-4-2.

I think I carried that team.

Coop vs AI is a pretty solid way to learn as well :)

BTW: I should be around this afternoon if you are interested (1-2 hrs from now).
    Agh, if only I'd seen this earlier. I should be around tomorrow and Wednesday if anybody has time. :)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    The highest rated guides typically have playstyle information as well as itemization info. I personally go for the ones which have a few options for itemization and have the full summary of items and skills at the top, because fuck looking through 90 options of items.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    Tushon said:

because fuck looking through 90 options of items.

Yeah, it's like shopping, and shopping sucks. Unless it's on the web for computer parts, stereo equipment, cars, etc...

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

nami too strongk
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    If you're going to play ARAM with us just buy 6 vampiric scepters. And drink a lot. Even if you lose you win.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    Biggest boner right now.

The band for those who are interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djerv_(band)
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    This will be fun once it's official.

If you want to try it in the meantime ... well i'm not sure how to properly get it working. It would appear to be this bit here but I'm not completely sure. Try at own risk.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    I won't install LoL, I won't, no matter how amazing that video is.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    So excite
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    As Colonel Campbell would say, "@bright , don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person then installing LoL. You can do it just the way you are!"
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    Myrmidon said:
    I do want to get to silver before the season ends. Solely for the ward skin, but that is basically what I'm afraid of. Not the curses/threats/etc, but letting complete strangers, that I'll probably never "see" again, down. Trivial I know, but it pains me still.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Canti said:

If you're going to play ARAM with us just buy 6 vampiric scepters. And drink a lot. Even if you lose you win.

Trundle Doran Shield build OP.

bright said:
    The skins that are affected are holiday and RL event related skins, festive. Ones that were earned such as for Tournaments or Ranked Play will remain unavailable as that is their true intention. Previous owners will be compensated for it in way that I feel matters. Full "refunds" and still get other exclusive stuff. One could argue that said exclusives could be a bit more flashy or special. The faint little ribbons on the side of that example namely.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    This is the kinda stuff I have to put up with as I make my way to 30.

...the other team surrendered after 3 towers fell. Everything I know is a lie.

Leona/Nami bot
    Nid/Sona top
    Tryn mid

I don't even...
    That stuff will still be there when you hit 30.
    I had a match not to long ago where the opposing team all took smite and where constantly invading/chasing.
    We won though since they were hindering some of my team but not the rest. Olaf got all the gold.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    So I got a penatkill in ranked today.

UPSLynxRahnalH102
    *bad Korean accent* PENTAKILL!! ASU!!
    UPSLynx
    edited October 2013
    Interesting new feature incoming.

I'm looking forward to this.
    edited October 2013
    This is the new standard of horrible mismatches in ARAM.