The Pokemon XY Thread

ThraxThrax 🐌Austin, TX Icrontian
edited October 2013 in Gaming
Someone who's not yet made it to the Glittering Caves: Take the Sail Fossil. You'll know what I mean when you get there.

When you go to turn over your fossil to the scientists in Ambrette Town, save before you do so. Reload the game and try again until the Pokemon you get from the scientist is female. We can breed it to create more copies that everyone will need. :)

I can get you a copy of the Pokemon that comes from the Jaw Fossil you didn't choose. I have a friend with a female version of that, so we can breed one for you.

Final pro tip: re-enter and exit the cave and smash rocks in the basement until you get an Old Amber before you go back to turn your fossils in. :)

Friend codes:
Thrax - 2664-2118-8225
Cyclonite - 1590-4768-6822
Charity - 3582-8717-1431
RahnalH102 - 4725-8099-6296
Bladephoenix - 2938-6319-3080
Church4252 - 2122-6616-6388
d3k0y - 2793-0612-0693
BHHammy - 4699-6161-7294
INeedABetterName - 3282-2910-8312
Drasnor - 4441-9575-3857
Prime - 1375-7208-0116
GuppyChoochBladephoenix
Β«1345678

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I also have a female Eevee, so now we can do all kinds of Eeveelution shens.
    oni_dels
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    Frustration Incarnate: a Horde match in which the entire enemy team knows Sand Attack.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    How long did it take you to roll that female Eevee? Don't they have like a 90% or higher chance of being male?
    45 minutes.
    oni_dels
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Haven't picked up a copy yet, but I likely will soon as I've got a buttload of traveling yet to do this month.

Should I grab X or Y? I haven't even looked at the editions.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    Pokerus is supposed to be rare right? They must have changed something cause my whole party has it now.
    edited October 2013
    Finding Pokerus is rare. It quickly spreads to your entire party once contracted, however. Pokerus also wears off quite rapidly, so you should box one of the Pokemon that has PKRS so you can re-infect future party members. Make sure you do it before midnight on the day of contraction, as there's a "cure" check every midnight, whether the system remains on or not.

It is extremely useful for EV training (specializing their stats) once they reach level 100, because it doubles the amount of stats received at the end of a battle with a wild Pokemon. Cuts training time in half, on top of the new EV training mini-game built into the lower screen.

//EDIT: Bobby, Grab Poke Y. Most people have X, so you'll have plenty of people to trade with. Like me. :)
    RahnalH102
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    Grab X, X has an awesome mega mew and an awesome DRAGON-TYPE Mega Charizard, Y's mega mew is ugly as sin.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    So... who is willing to do some trading with me and hold onto some starter pokemon so I can get all 3?
    Add me: 2664-2118-8225
    edited October 2013
    I added you yesterday, but I am at work now and the intertubes require authentication that the DS doesn't like to handle. I will have to get on it later tonight. I think it will take me about a half hour to run from the start, to the first gym, to the Professor for the *NO SPOILER PLACEHOLDER* before I can trade. If you wanted the other 2 starters as well, its gonna take me a couple hours to do.
    I would appreciate the two other starters (Fennekin and Chespin), but I understand the work involved and it's not required if you're feeling lazy. :)
    I'm not that worried about that, I just want to make sure you have the time to sit around while I try a bit of speed running. I usually start playing around 8pm EST.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    Seeing all your Pokemon posts has sold me. I'm grabbing a copy of each for Charity and myself after work. I'll get our friend codes up as soon as I can, and I'll update the 3DS friend code thread too, since I moved to an XL and gave Charity my original.

The last time I really played Pokemon was Red/Blue and Yellow, so I suspect I'll be pretty lost to start. Thanks for the tips, Thrax. :)
    edited October 2013
    Lots of information to be had at the following places:
    http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
    http://pokemondb.net/
    and http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/

For people who haven't played since Pokemon RBY, the biggest change is the addition of new types (e.g. Fairy, Dark, Steel), and dual types. Charizard is now Fire/Flying, for example, versus the plain ol' fire that it was in the first games.

So when you're judging the strengths and weaknesses of your own, or an opposing, Pokemon, keep the dual types in mind! It adds a lot of exciting complexity to the game.

Learn more on the Generation VI type chart here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type_chart

Also, keep in mind a little perk called the Same-Type Attack Bonus (STAB). If the move you're using matches the type of your Pokemon, you get a huge bonus to the damage of the attack.

ALSO do not expect to roll the entire game with a Sandslash and HM Dig, or a Pigeot with HM Fly. The games have become more difficult, so be sure to stock up on Paralyze/Burn heals and revives when you're heading in to Gym Trainer. It will make life much easier. :)
    Bandrik
    Also, for people who are just stumped, a guy by the name of "Marriland" runs one of the largest Pokemon websites in the world. So happens he does excellent playthrough videos that are very useful for beginners:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Marriland/videos

If you ever get stumped, you can follow along with him and see what you might have missed.
    First time the first gym leader made me have to use Potions in the fight, even though I out-leveled the guy 4 levels.

X and Y are pretty huge improvements over the previous games. Now I just have to see what Legacy games trade into this one.
    Black, Black 2, White, White 2, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Platinum, Diamond, Pearl can all trade into XY.
    Oh goodie. Now I just need to find my Black Pearl...

How many hours do you have in the game already Thrax? I have 4 but I am pretty sure 1 of those is with the case closed.
    27:35 thus far. Canadian Thanksgiving weekend finally gives me something useful: play time!
    edited October 2013
    I knew it was good for training and all that, but not that it was that contagious. I mean, a virus that can pass through sealed pokeballs? Heck of a contagion. Good to know, thanks.

Also, be sure to use Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Via Internet for
    A MYSTERY ...
    a lvl 10 Torchic with Blazekinite
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    Oh, apparently your friend code isn't tied to the device. Derp.

Cyclonite: 1590-4768-6822
    Charity: 3582-8717-1431
    You still need you add me Thrax
    added
    Thrax! Since you won't answer game chat, sui you have throw away pokemon to trade?
    I'm online and waiting around in a city!
    I've added most IC people I've found the codes for.

Mine is 4725-8099-6296
    So, yeah, voice chat is janky.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authorityβ„’, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    add me 2122-6616-6388
    Ahhh game chat is voice chat, I was trying to send you a message. I will restart and invite you to trade again when I get back to lumiose city