Apple’s October 22 Event is Official! What are your predictions?

Apple will host its second big media presentation this autumn. This post is to get everyones predictions prior to the October 22nd announcement.

Firstly we're not going to get a smartwatch or Apple Television. However if you love the idea of an Apple television you might not be totally disappointed. We may see a 4k Cinema display (or Retina cinema display) and a new Apple TV box with a thunderbolt port?! The current Apple TV supports 1080p video. I imagine a hardware upgrade is needed if apple wanted to support 4k content.

So we got our new Apple 4k Cinema Display, our new Apple TV. I think we'll see an iPad mini with a retina display. The chassis may be a few millimeters thicker to accomidate a slightly bigger battery which isn't unheard of for apple.

New iPad with the A7 and M7 co-processors and Touch ID.

Of course we'll see the official release of OS Mavericks.

Oh finally the price point for the new Mac Pro. I see the starting price be $2,499.00 which is lower than what most of the pundits are predicting.

And I think that's about it. This is all or mostly conjecture.
LincBandrik

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    10% more of what they have now, still behind what everyone else has. That's my prediction.
    ardichokeMiracleManSBobbyDigi
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Thrax said:

10% more of what they have now, still behind what everyone else has. That's my prediction.

I'm including this picture so that I do not empty quote:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I like the reasoning of this: http://pxlnv.com/blog/spitballing-apples-october-event/

Apple TV update is unlikely in my book.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I expect to see a new iPad with the A7, probably 64-bit, and hopefully the Touch ID. I'd like to see the iPad mini get retina, but I'm not counting on it. I'm considering a new iPad, as I have the original 1st-gen iPad and it shows its age. Don't need an iPad mini though, I have a Nexus 7 (2013) to enjoy.

OS Mavericks talk, definitely. (hate that name though)

I expect more talk about those bizarre modular Mac Pros.