Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

ez.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    http://imgur.com/a/8ltAH#ooE8qUe

Zed and Syndra's ordinary life
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    RahnalH102ZealocktheGreat
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    If you've ever wanted to get in on LoL's PBE then now is your chance. They're reworking their system for getting people in (and out), and are will attempt to make it so that they get to target people that are useful to what they are currently testing. Example they gave is they want to work on Sion so they grab people that have a track record with him.

You can put your name on the list by following the buttons here.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Has anyone else become really bored with League? I find I can't bring myself to play it at all these days. I don't even watch streams or professional competition of it anymore. I don't think I'll come back until there's major changes made to gameplay and mechanics. Until they do I'll be playing some Dota 2 for my "MOBA" fix.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Personally I feel I still have a ways to go in it. I've amassed over 1000 bot games, over 350 ARAMs, and only 27 normal game wins. Probably would be bored with it if it was the only thing I played.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Winfrey said:

Has anyone else become really bored with League? I find I can't bring myself to play it at all these days. I don't even watch streams or professional competition of it anymore. I don't think I'll come back until there's major changes made to gameplay and mechanics. Until they do I'll be playing some Dota 2 for my "MOBA" fix.

Most of us only play ARAMs together now. Many different builds are available that you wouldn't typically expect, and the pace is really frenetic so it keeps it fresh.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Winfrey said:

Most of us only play ARAMs together now. Many different builds are available that you wouldn't typically expect, and the pace is really frenetic so it keeps it fresh.
    I think @Winfrey is looking for something a little more competitive.
    I still queue ranked, and I love playing ranked 5s with some semblance of strategery. ARAM is fun every now and then, but I can't do that while trying to improve at the core game at the level I'm at, so I've kinda stopped with the ARAMs.
    I play a couple arams or normals to get my daily win bonus. I dislike arams because so much is decided at champ select and I've never played most of the characters. I dislike normals because that's where the number of masteries and runes actually matters...and people have very different skill levels and try hard levels. Aka someone gets mad at me for dying to talon with l3 runes after he got two free kills on a failed invade.

I also haven't been playing at times that other ic'ers are on so I don't get that benefit either.

Still just chugging towards 20

I think @Winfrey is looking for something a little more competitive.

I figured as much, doesn't mean he can't join us for dickin' around.
    Ranked 5's were fun but ultimately frustrating. There are several game mechanics that are just bad right now in league. The unlimited wards, summoner spells, not having access to every champion, ip costs, item progession and scaling making the game just one big snowball, dedicated laning roles, banning/picking and not having a captains mode, the adobe air client, lack of a replay system, annoying bugs on abilities that have been around a long time and never fixed.

There's even some more than that but i can't remember them all right now.
    MiracleManS
    Winfrey said:

The unlimited wards, ... making the game just one big snowball, ...

Going off of what Riot said in their various posts earlier today and yesterday, these are what they want to hit specifically (and more of course) for the Season 4 changes. As for the other stuff, it just sounds like DOTA is more your thing than League, that's fine. I know plenty of things I love from DOTA (TINY!!!) that League doesn't have, and vice versa. Just gotta pick the one you're happy with and go with it.I like both, mostly play LoL though cause that's where most of my friends play. The validity of this statement falls off though since I rarely get to play with anyone on the list. That's my own fault though.

The two are definitely heading in there own directions, if anything wants to be more than just "a ______ clone" then it needs to make its own path. Judging 'em as if they should be the same thing doesn't make them feel right in the end. "Diversity is the spice of life" and all that jazz.

Just my two cents. Sorry if I'm spouting nonsense or come off as rude.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    shwaip said:

I play a couple arams or normals to get my daily win bonus. I dislike arams because so much is decided at champ select and I've never played most of the characters. I dislike normals because that's where the number of masteries and runes actually matters...and people have very different skill levels and try hard levels. Aka someone gets mad at me for dying to talon with l3 runes after he got two free kills on a failed invade.

I also haven't been playing at times that other ic'ers are on so I don't get that benefit either.

Yeah, where the shit are you? The group I run with usually has a couple spots open.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    Winfrey said:

Ranked 5's were fun but ultimately frustrating. There are several game mechanics that are just bad right now in league. The unlimited wards, summoner spells, not having access to every champion, ip costs, item progession and scaling making the game just one big snowball, dedicated laning roles, banning/picking and not having a captains mode, the adobe air client, lack of a replay system, annoying bugs on abilities that have been around a long time and never fixed.

There's even some more than that but i can't remember them all right now.

And fuck the snowball, amirite? Death of a thousand paper cuts is where it's at. If they would quit building 'all-in' champions like draven or jinx, that'd be really nice.

They're apparently really trying to knock snowballs out for preseason 4. With the amount of champions BASED on snowballing right now... good luck.
    Myrmidon said:

shwaip said:

Yeah, where the shit are you? The group I run with usually has a couple spots open.
    I haven't been on much at all because I killed my ability to use a mouse at all for about 2 weeks.
    Myrmidon said:

With VIRTUALLY ALL OF THE CURRENTLY POPULAR champions BASED on snowballing right now... good luck.

Yeah, Riot is gonna have some issues if they really try removing snowballing. More power to them to try it, but that's a debacle of foundationbreaking implications.
    To me there's a lot of things structurally wrong with the gameplay mechanics. And I'm not sold on the new vision changes.

I wish you guys liked dota 2 even a little bit. It's a daunting game and I understand why it doesn't catch on with most people, but damn do I find it way more interesting.
    MiracleManSRahnalH102
    Winfrey said:

To me there's a lot of things structurally wrong with the gameplay mechanics. And I'm not sold on the new vision changes.

I wish you guys liked dota 2 even a little bit. It's a daunting game and I understand why it doesn't catch on with most people, but damn do I find it way more interesting.

I love DOTA 2 but it's not really a game I feel like I can sit down and "pick up" like you can League. Some of the mechanics that make the game deep and interesting also make it a complete pain in the ass for newer players to pick up on quickly. Denials, turn speed, and courier are things that take an adjustment period for me to get back into the swing of using.

Even the various modes, outside the holiday/special events, are super competitive and don't lend themselves well to a non-competitive play style. I think that's probably the biggest reason I don't play nearly as much as I do League.
    Broken record: I do like DOTA 2 (TINY!!!) and I know a few of the others do as well. I lean towards League because friends play it more, despite me rarely playing with said friends. Well if enough of us (10) could play at the same time we could make it however we want it to be. Especially during the holiday events. About the only hero I have down for DOTA 2 is Tiny, and last I remember I was working on getting the bindings down so I could easily deny. Other then that I think I'm somewhat on par as far as beginners go.
    I would gladly play Dota 2 if folks can put up with my noobiness
    I'm a big fan of DOTA2, play Omniknight almost exclusively (I have mentioned this before) though I recently discovered the skeleton king and he's pretty rad.

Definitely prefer it over League, though that's because I haven't played it to death yet and the extra complexity of the game makes it a lot more fun.
    RahnalH102ZealocktheGreat
    Anyone want to swap a few mystery skin trades?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I don't like DOTA 2 :/

I'm curious why people think summoner spells are a negative to league. I think they're an awesome strategic addition. I know people whine about flash and that it's OP and broken, but I think that's dumb because everyone has flash, and I love the escape mechanic it adds. Harder ganks? So what. The strategic layer is getting players to burn it early for better ganks later.
    shwaip said:

Anyone want to swap a few mystery skin trades?

I would but the store is broken at the moment.

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    Most everything appears to be broke at the moment...
    Riot makes the system better for addressing issues within the system ... breaks the system in the process.

While they do that I'll admire that my home dog is getting updated.
    i'm on a plane right now anyway. i'd try to LoL over the plane internet, but apparently the plane was coded as a minion or something. How long does the thing go? I'll be home at about 1030 pacific
    Probably lasts till the preseason patch arrives in a week or two.