Gaming PC vs. Space Heater

Tag this in the 'not sure if srs' category, these guys built a gaming PC that drew the same wattage as an electric space heater and compared them for heat output.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Gaming-PC-vs-Space-Heater-Efficiency-511/

In their conclusion they even suggest running Folding@Home for warmth this winter...
_kBasilTushonPirateNinjaJBoogalooBobbyDigiGargBlueTattoomidgaCathartis

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    That's pretty awesome. You can absolutely feel it in my den ... usually three machines running full blast (6 processors and 3 GPUs)
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    Back when @ErrorNullTurnip and I were roommates, I spent a January abroad. When I came back he complained about how much colder our room had been all winter.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    The difference being you can find a space heater for like $30 and the gaming PC will cost you approximately 20x that amount. Still this makes for a good argument for running the PC all winter.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Koreish said:

The difference being you can find a space heater for like $30 and the gaming PC will cost you approximately 20x that amount. Still this makes for a good argument for running the PC all winter.

He addresses that in the article :P

Bro, do you even read?

PirateNinjaJBoogaloo
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Tushon said:

Koreish said:

He addresses that in the article :P

Bro, do you even read?