1.7 Discussion. Entire Thread is Spoilers!

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
Snapshot 13w36a

Mojang / Reddit

Mojang has not released a feature list. Hit the Reddit thread for an ever updating list of features people have found.

I'm calling this the flower update because there is something like 20 new flowers.

-Digi
Bandrik

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    It's mostly cosmetic, but I like it. Nice post.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2013
    Along with 3-4 new fish, you'll be able to pull "junk" out while fishing. I've seen reports of nametags coming out and also weird books with mixed enchantments:

There are also new enchantments for fishing rods.

Edit: One of the new fishes, the Pufferfish, is used to brew a new potion: Water Breathing

-Digi
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited September 2013

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    4:20 on the second yogscast vid: Awesome & hilarious.

4:20

Smook smook

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

4:20

Smook smook

-Digi
    Was tempted to say that, but honestly was not sure if that was the right reference. :rolleyes:
    edited October 2013
    Snapshot 13w43a

Reddit | Mojang

Via Reddit:
    Improved Minecraft Realms support - via[8]

There now is an option to force unicode font on the language selection screen - via[9]

Cauldrons with water in them will now put out burning entities, but deplete some of the water[10]

Added /setworldspawn and /setworldspawn to set the world's default spawn point - via[11]

Maps in item frames now display the item frame again, but still on a full block scale
    Screenshot[12]

Jukeboxes now loop - via[13]

Changed the texture for pufferfish
    Screenshot[14]

Added 2 new types of saplings, including new wooden log types and leaf types
    Can be planted in flower pots
    Roofed Oak trees and Acacia trees
    Screenshot[15]
    Roofed Oak trees need to be planted in a 2x2 grid
    Crafting either log produces oak wood planks
    Acacia wood is a darker, red-er jungle wood; Roofed Oak wood look the same as Spruce wood - Comparison[16]
    Leaf types look exactly like oak leaves, but they drop different saplings

Fixed some bugs[17]
    Fixed being unable to type certain characters in chat under certain conditions[18]
    Fixed cauldron water not putting out fire or damage blazes
    Fixed axes breaking slabs faster and being able to destroy them in adventure mode
    Fixed typing /help with a number greater than 4 producing a wrong message
    Fixed boats being un-steerable using the left/right keys[19]
    Fixed a crash message mentioning playing in the browser as a possible cause but you can no longer play in the browser
    Fixed players appearing offset for other clients after going through nether portals
    Fixed spawn eggs not being usable on lava
    Fixed a typo on "Unable to Load Worlds" screen
    Fixed a few sound-related debug messages being left in the console
    Fixed the master sound level resetting after reboots and resource pack changes
    Fixed stack size numbers rendering behind enchanted items
    Splash potions making throw sound but not breaking sound.
    Fixed pressing del or backspace on OS X while editing signs showing the "DEL" character instead of deleting characters
    Fixed multiple background songs playing at the same time sometimes
    Fixed umlauts and ß not being correctly centered on signs
    Fixed maps being partially transparent[20]
    Fixed various characters typed on signs or in the chat crashing the game
    Fixed a "Format Error" in the Book and Quill
    Fixed Cake FallingSand entities not landing correctly corrupting the chunk
    Fixed "Force Unicode Font" being displayed in the currently active language, but "Done" being displayed in the highlighted language
    Fixed a "Format error" in language selection menu
    Fixed RCON messages: TranslatableComponent
    -Digi
    Can't wait to get MORE WOOD!!
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Bandrik said:

Can't wait to get MORE WOOD!!

You WOOD !! oh snap

midgaBandrikRahnalH102
    Wooo! My natural biome will get some representation finally.
  • It figures this is being released right before my wedding. I don't know how long it will take for bukkit to catch up, but don't expect the server to be updated until after my Honeymoon. It's just not going to happen.
    midgaRahnalH102
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    ardichoke said:

It figures this is being released right before my wedding. I don't know how long it will take for bukkit to catch up, but don't expect the server to be updated until after my Honeymoon. It's just not going to happen.

As well it shouldn't.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I'm sure we won't see a bukkit release until sometime mid-2014 at least.
    BandrikRahnalH102
    midga said:

I'm sure we won't see a bukkit release until sometime mid-2014 at least.

Bullshit. It won't take them that long. Should be out by late Spring 2014. :nyah:
    RahnalH102
    Was reading the patch notes, came across this line:
    * Portals to the Nether can now have different shapes
    My brother immediately says "I'mma make a penis!"
    midga

Penis-shaped portals.

Heh. Of course Midga would find that helpful. ;)
    midga
    Disappointment abounds (not really) since the portals still have to be rectangular to work.

Also apparently Mesa is really rare so not as much rep as I was hoping for.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

the portals still have to be rectangular to work.

Lame.
    midga said:

the portals still have to be rectangular to work.

Lame.
    Consider it a challenge. I'm sure you and/or @Cola will find a away to make it happen.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Psh, easy day.
  • 3D penis with a rectangular urethra portal?
    midgaCreeperbane2RahnalH102
  • The 1.7.2 update will come... eventually. It seems Mojang changed a massive amount of internal code which is greatly slowing down the bukkit release (they estimate ~220k lines of code changed). More info is available here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/more-information-on-the-minecraft-1-7-2-update.195138/
    BobbyDigimidgaRahnalH102ErrorNullTurnip
    Yup. I game on another server as well that is also playing the waiting game.
  • ardichoke said:

It figures this is being released right before my wedding. I don't know how long it will take for bukkit to catch up, but don't expect the server to be updated until after my Honeymoon. It's just not going to happen.

If your honeymoon doesn't include at least one bukkit release, you're doin it rong.
    BobbyDigiCrazyJoeRahnalH102
  • GHoosdum said:

ardichoke said:

If your honeymoon doesn't include at least one bukkit release, you're doin it rong.
    I wish I could have gone on a cruise long enough for bukkit to update. 4 days in the Bahamas was amazing, but not long enough.
    BobbyDigi
  • A "bukkit release" was supposed to be a euphemism in my previous post, but damn this inflectionless internet for not conveying multiple shades of meaning!
    BobbyDigi
  • GHoosdum said:

A "bukkit release" was supposed to be a euphemism in my previous post, but damn this inflectionless internet for not conveying multiple shades of meaning!

In that case, you simply forgot to append the following to your post.

• Progress is being made.... It's not in a state where I'm going to be updating the server yet, but at least it's moving toward that point: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-for-minecraft-1-7-2-development-build-is-now-available.200472/
  • They have beta builds of craftbukkit out, but they have some pretty heavy caveats due to how many internals have changed in Minecraft. I'm considering spinning up a test server shortly after the holiday is over to see if it is viable to upgrade at this point. I will need volunteers to help test in a world that is eventually going to be brutally deleted.