High end silent pc/gpu advice

Hello all. I need to order a system for video editing at work. I can't build it myself, has to be manufactured with warranty and etc. It's going to be a sweet system, not for me though for a coworker.
Requirements are basically this:
- Best GPU for Sony Vegas 12 (and hopefully soon 13)
- 6core Intel cpu, prob 4930k (which more or less sticks me at x79 right?)
- 1tb ssd
- absolutely silent or as close to silent as possible

I am having a hard time on this. I need the gpu water cooled so it is quiet during render. Vegas can use CUDA or OpenCL, but I think I prefer AMD/OpenCL. There are some rumors that Vegas13 will be optimized for OpenCL and there are also rumors that Vegas 12 doesn't work well beyond the nivida 500 series.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that can handle the above? I thought falcon northwest, but it seems they aren't watercooling their GPUs. Maybe alienware?

Budget is 3-4k.

Cheers IC

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    The SSD alone will run 1-2 grand if it is high end, try for a 480 GB SSD and a 1TB SATA 6.0 HDD maybe? You can get a 480 GB Crucial M500 SSD for 393.00 if you shop around, assuming price I last saw on Amazon is still good. Can you run Vegas on a Xeon system? Dell and HP have some nice 6-core Xeon systems in their workstation lines. I would upgrade to SSD and not buy at Dell or HP prices for SSDs.

NB: I was recently looking for a high-graphics workstation for myself, decided on a i7-4770k CPU instead of a 6-core Xeon monster.
  • Thanks for the input.
    SSD does not need to be high end, can be a 960gb every day $600 ssd like an m4. But it can't be any lower than 960gb.
    Xeons I believe will be out of my budget.
    The challenge is finding a company that sells gpu/cpu water cooled systems with a 4930k and a decent AMD gpu.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Maingear is the best builder to meet your needs.
    PirateNinja
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2013
    Ok, try Cyberpower and contact them by phone once you have base specs set up. They will do custom system work, and warranty is decent. The M500 series is a lot faster than the M4 and replaces the M4 series totally, note 800 for two 480 M500 SSDs. Dell and HP offer Xeons, with single processor or with 2 processors.
    PirateNinja
  • Just an update, Maingear will only ship watercooled gpus if we get dual cards in their rush config which would put the cost well over 5k. FalconNorthwest won't watercool gpus at all. CyberPower seems to be willing to ship the components for gpu cooling but they don't want to do the install or warrant it.

Solution: project cancelled for now. Will keep rendering on the older slower quiet system.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    You might try a local builder, there is one my university uses that built anything we asked for and supported it too.
    PirateNinja
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    I build silent PCs for clients but I also try and avoid selling systems to people out of state for Reasons. I can definitely advise on the issue though.