The Pokemon XY Thread

Comments

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    champion with Blaziken, Tyrantrum, Greninja, Delphox, Staraptor, and Venusaur
    RahnalH102Creeperbane2
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    Pokemon I caught after the Elite 4.

RahnalH102Creeperbane2
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    SPOILERS
  • I don't know if anybody is still playing but I'm doing the battle maison. 40 straight wins and I'm aiming for at least 200.
    Daaaaamn! Work has had me snowed under for APU13, but intend to pick up I'm force when I return. Awww yissss Zygarde.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    I'm gonna go hard on this once the weekend is done, friggin league end of season DX
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I'm playing on and off, I don't like merely picking it up for the bus rides to and from campus and I don't find too much time for it otherwise because Battlefield with the UPS clan has become a thing.
    Been somewhat distracted, but I'm going to pick it up again here shortly. Working on breeding a few more to get @Thrax and male and a female. :)
  • Cyclonite said:

Been somewhat distracted, but I'm going to pick it up again here shortly. Working on breeding a few more to get @Thrax and male and a female. :)

Male and female what?
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    If you like the music in these versions, GameFreak has released the soundtrack for them plus Pokemon Origins. 208 tunes of varying size for 10 bucks on iTunes. Not sure if released on other platforms yet though.

Cyclonite said:

Male and female what?
    Haha! I accidentally a word. Amaura.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I think I have a female Amaura, though it is now evolved. I will look tonight
    I have a couple. Trying to actually breed another male. The first two eggs contained females.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

omg wat.

I know zero about Pokémon. Would I be able to even play this?

By the looks of it yes, it seems to be an easy game (I do not own it yet {Damn you money, always gettin in my way}) Now there are a few aspects you will not get like type advantages, EV training, Breeding but on that topic, breeding and EV training is not necessary for success and the typing (mostly) follows logic. Also Quick balls are good the repeat ball is not worth your time, for caves always have a dusk ball ready, and Shinies are yes no matter what they are
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I've been playing for a few weeks now. All good. I'm enjoying it but it's not "grabbing" me. Probably because there are zero nostalgia goggles for me.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I'm having a similar issue, while I most certainly have nostalgia goggles I think it's just not my type of game anymore, I'm having a lot more fun playing puzzle games (Professor Layton)

There's just something about training them that doesn't appeal to me anymore, that or I just have to make a concerted effort to sit down and play it.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Yeah, even though they've done significant things to reduce the grind and all, it just isn't my type of thing anymore.

That and I've got too much stuff staring me in the face right now. I've taken up Borderlands 2 again after picking up the DLC, plus all of the Payday 2 stuff that's come out, and the Terraria update, and now being a regular podcast co-host...pokemon feels like something that takes a lot more dedication. I've tried to "chip away" at it, and it just makes it feel drawn-out.

I STILL think it's an amazing game, it's just not for me anymore. Still feel like I got my money's worth out of it, though.
    edited November 2013
    A Shiny 3DS appeared, Creeperbane used shut up and take my money, but it failed.
    edited November 2013
    Anyone notice that Vivillion, the innocent looking butterfly of this gen.....is the 666th Pokemon.....
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    RahnalH102Chooch

Anyone notice that Vivillion, the innocent looking butterfly of this gen.....is the 666th Pokemon.....

colaChooch
  • Is anybody actually battling other people or keeping it PVE? The most fun and stress I have in the game is playing against other people. Hit me up if you want to go mano a mano.

Also, have y'all heard of Instacheck and shiny values? It's a guaranteed shiny if you get someone with the same number to hatch a matching egg. Hit www.reddit.com/r/svexchange to learn more about it.
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    all dem mega shinnies
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    So I bought a copy of White 2 used at a local mom&pop game store. It is full of legendaries from prior games.
  • Icrontians, assemble your opinions. I feel the itch to catch some Pokemans... but all I have is a DSi. Which is, in your opinions, the best Pokemansorz for DS?
    Pokemon Platinum.