Benson Custom Engineering

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    I would absolutely want to do that.

Edit: PM sent
  • bellsbells Gaming? I'm in! Ypsilanti, MI Member
    d3k0y said:

His entire business now is going to be 3D printing for Icrontic.

Sounds like he knows his target audience.
    RyanFodder
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    midgaGnomeQueenJBoogaloo
    edited November 2013
    Day one - frustration: it apparently takes a long time to move money around.

@tushon - that is a pretty neat idea and a good way to save a lot of money. Its cool that the kid is really enthusiastic about it.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    If you need a bunch of money moved fast, wires are the only reasonable option, which are expensive. :-/ That, or granting direct access to your account, but even that usually has transfer limits. I nearly had a heart attack trying to get the money together for the house in time.
    Let me know if you want a forum, lulz
    BobbyDigiGHoosdum
    Nope. Do need a website though! :D
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    If you need customer management and billing software. I can try to hook you up.

Doesn't sound like you need recurring billing or routes, but at least a database to keep customers and create/print/email invoices.

-Digi
    midgaTiberiusLazarusRyderBasil
    @PirateNinja & @BobbyDigi - please send me a PM and we can work out the details. I'll take up both of you on your offers :D

Many thanks in advance!
    midgaGHoosdum
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    What the fuck.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    @CannonFodder A PLA based stein with lid, banana hanger, and spice rack.

Come up with a good stand for TF2 figures and I would buy a dozen.
    Koreish
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Oh god if you could build a good spice rack I would love you for ever. I have yet to find one I truly like and my spices are in currently just shoved in a cabinet.
    Koreish said:

Oh god if you could build a good spice rack I would love you for ever. I have yet to find one I truly like and my spices are in currently just shoved in a cabinet.

Is he starting a business or a seventh grade shop class? ;D

JBoogalooGHoosdumbells
    Lincoln said:

Koreish said:

Is he starting a business or a seventh grade shop class? ;D

Why not both.
    _k_ said:

@CannonFodder A PLA based stein with lid, banana hanger, and spice rack.

Come up with a good stand for TF2 figures and I would buy a dozen.

What about a stand that looked like this?

GargJBoogalooBobbyDigi
    Based on the size of the TF2 figures @_k has posted in the past, that would have to be a gigantic stand.
    Koreish said:

Have a style in mind? What don't you like about ones you have found? What material? (plastic? wood? metal?)
    Koreish said:

Based on the size of the TF2 figures @_k has posted in the past, that would have to be a gigantic stand.

Scaled of course ;)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    The TF2 figures have the standard post hole in one of their feet but the figures do not come with a stand. Mass Effect figures have the same hole and come with the basic disc stand but it doesn't work that great and the fit is lacking. If you were going to make an environmental stand out of 2fort then I wouldn't make it all one piece because then it would be much to large to realistically fit some place besides a dinning room table. That would be something I would buy since these things don't stand up very well and I am going to end up with a full blue and red team.

The stein I think would be awesome because there would be room for custom coat of arms on it and steins with funny shapes that relate to Magic's junk.
    RyanFodder
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Make some basic mini stands, realistically you only need to have one peg for each figure as long as the size isn't too large. That allows you to make just a generic stand that all of them fit into. The only exception being if someone has a crazy pose they wanted, like a scout that just jumped into the air, or demo/soldier nade/rocket jumping, then you could add the dustcloud/explosion as the bit with the peg, but to keep it balanced you would probably need more than one peg.

Also if you make the Demoman and add some loose grenades that you can place around the other guys.
    _kRyanFodder
    Does someone at ICHQ have one of these TF2 figures? I can easily make a simple stand from ABS (stiffer / more durable than PLA).

@_k_ I will investigate food usage of PLA and get back to you. I seem to think I've seen that on food containers, but I'm not sure yet.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I love this thread so much...
    RyanFodder
    edited November 2013
    Can someone give me ability to edit the original post for this thread?

RE: anyone interested in making food containers

Research into this suggests that PLA / ABS / PolyCarbonate is food safe in and of itself. However, the problem is that when you print, you create an almost porous surface that bacteria can grow in and not be cleaned out.

Solution to this is treat the surface in some way (coat it in epoxy - similar to a wood cup.) I have an idea of how to do this without epoxy, but I have no idea if it would work well or not. Basically, acetone melts PLA - so I would melt the surface to give it a polished look. At the very least, this should diminish the voids, if not eliminate them entirely. Or I can do both.

TL:DR - food containers are possible but would be slightly more expensive than otherwise because they require me to use a gas mask.
    GHoosdumJBoogaloo
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

TL:DR - food containers are possible but would be slightly more expensive than otherwise because they require me to use a gas mask.

just print out a gas mask?

RyanFodderTushonJBoogaloo
    _k_ said:

The stein I think would be awesome because there would be room for custom coat of arms on it and steins with funny shapes that relate to Magic's junk.

"The IcronDick Stein" - once I get my Solidworks license I'll see what I can do. If you had a sketch (super rough is fine) it'd be easier.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

_k_ said:

"The IcronDick Stein" - once I get my Solidworks license I'll see what I can do. If you had a sketch (super rough is fine) it'd be easier.
    I think @Magic should be able to provide more than a rough sketch ....

*zip*
    RyanFodder