Blizzcon 2013 - What Are you Looking Forward To?

RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature EnthusiastNew Mexico Icrontian
So Blizzcon is today. Starting a bit before noon Pacific standard time.

Possible Notes of Interest:
The next WoW expansion, since we're done with Mists.
Starcraft II Updates & Tournament.
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls info and gameplay
Hearthstone Info & Tournament.
Info and Gameplay from Heros of the Storm, Blizz's MOBA.
Possible but not scheduled info on Titan, which last we heard was sorta scrapped while they rethink/examine things, as I understand it.

Are you looking forward to anything? Nothing? I know this is probably a horrible way to start this but, "FIGHT Discuss."

Opinion Follows
Personally I'm looking forward to Heroes of the Storm and WoW info/gameplay.

In regards to WoW, I just wonder what is next. Mists of Panderia was a good expansion in my opinion. Ranks 2nd after Wrath for me. They made quite a bit of progress mechanically & technically speaking. I understand the ire some people have for Pandaren and the talent changes, but they nor the area bothered me. One friend of mine said he's indifferent to the race, but got tired of their architecture and style. There are a few options for what is next and I like all of them: sea/under the sea and a return to space. The former makes sense story wise, but they resolved the Emerald Dream in a book so who knows.

As for Heroes of the Storm, I'm curious what Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre will be like. We know it's gonna have heroes and elements from all across the Blizzard mythos, but beyond that it's unknown. There are so many factors to tweak with. I just hope it's not a clone of DotA. Gameplay is scheduled to be shown though so we'll see then.

Comments

• PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    Gonna meet up with a couple of friends and watch the star craft tournament and drink beer. Gonna be hella fun!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    D3:RoS release date: Christmas (2015)
    trooster89RahnalH102
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    The WCS finals will be the most interesting thing to me. It is the 16 most accomplished players of this year. Lots of interesting numbers here.

Moderately interested in Hearthstone and Diablo 3 expansion.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    What @pigflipper said. I gave up on Blizz after Cataclysm, D3 was pretty disappointing as well, not to mention their terrible idea of removing the Auction House.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    D3 is actually better on the Xbox than PC and I beat the game on both
    Winfrey said:

The WCS finals will be the most interesting thing to me. It is the 16 most accomplished players of this year. Lots of interesting numbers here.

Moderately interested in Hearthstone and Diablo 3 expansion.

yeah hoping the WCS should be good too. Won't be able to catch games today (stupid work), but I'll try to watch a few of the ones that are on tomorrow.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    d3k0y said:

What @pigflipper said. I gave up on Blizz after Cataclysm, D3 was pretty disappointing as well, not to mention their terrible idea of removing the Auction House.

I'm pretty excited about the AH Removal (as someone who made enough money to pay for HotS, Mists of Pandaria and potentially the new D3 expansion) and the D3 expansion.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Starcraft 2 Battle Chest, so I can actually play the entire single player campaign
    edited November 2013

d3k0y said:

I'm pretty excited about the AH Removal (as someone who made enough money to pay for HotS, Mists of Pandaria and potentially the new D3 expansion) and the D3 expansion.
    Pretty sure the AH removal isn't going to change the game much at all. People will just go back to sites like d2.net, and whatever the other main one was that used the corrupt "FG" currency was.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    shwaip said:

Pretty sure the AH removal isn't going to change the game much at all. People will just go back to sites like d2.net, and whatever the other main one was that used the corrupt "FG" currency was.

Eh, it will change for me. I didn't use those sites in D2/LoD. The fact that it was sanctioned and so easy with D3 is the only reason I used it. It will significantly change my playstyle, and that's a big deal for me.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    RTS/RPG style player housing in next expac and new player models for classic races. I'm sold.
    midga
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

RTS/RPG style player housing in next expac and new player models for classic races. I'm sold.

They gonna fix the gnomes? That'd be grand.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Gnomes are one of the few races they have a preview of at the moment.
    Check it it out and more here.
    Thanks for the link. Looks pretty cool, but female models are still unavailable, so I'll hold my judgment.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I'm looking for something fresh. But now I see that won't be happening.
    midga said:

Thanks for the link. Looks pretty cool, but female models are still unavailable, so I'll hold my judgment.

@midga
    Ask and you shall recieve:

And some male for concept & comparison.

From what they said in the Art Panel a lot of the models aren't done yet. The Tauren male was "hot off the press" of being modeled and textured at his few second preview. What animations were done looked great.
    midga
    Oh man, they fixed her lopsidedness. I always said if they did they, I'd come back. Looks like I just might be reinstalling...
    edited November 2013
    Things of note for Heroes of the Storm:
    An objective based MOBA
    - No shop. Little if any items. Very specific and straightforward if they are there. No guarantees.
    - Teams share levels. Facilitates following hero types.
    - Multiple Abilities, traits, and other stats for heroes.
    - Ex. Arthas can summons Sindragosa as an Ult, or summon an Army of undead. Your choice.
    - 5 hero roles, possibly more.
    - Warrior: Front line fighters. Can take dmg and deal it back.
    - Assassin: Very high dmg, but very squishy.
    - Support: Deals little if any dmg. Massive amounts of Utility. Some can stay in-base and do their respective jobs even.
    - Siege: Great at dealing dmg to the enemy base/structures.
    - Commander: Controls units. I would guess. These last two weren't really touched upon.
    - Towers have ammo and can become defenseless.
    - Barriers, towns, and other structures.
    - Some maps' "jungle" mobs are Mercenary camps that when beaten and then captured, will temporarily join your side and assault the nearest lane for you.

Multiple map types called "Battlegrounds"
    - Various environmental factors and objectives for each map.
    - Ex. Collect Doubloons as you siege the enemy base. Bring said doubloons to Cpt. Blackheart. He will temporarily assault the enemy base with cannon fire once enough duobloons are given to him by a team.
    - Ex. 2 Periodically, mineshafts will open up granting access to a "PvE-PvP-Dungeon." Collect skulls from neutral mobs and a boss mob. Bring skulls back to create a special siege minion that will easily wreck your opponents lanes and base.
    - Ex. 3 First team to grab 3 tributes in a certain map will have a crippling curse applied to the opposing team.
    - Ex. 4 Easily accessible Shrine that, when ready and after a channel time, will convert a player's hero into a dragon knight unit capable of mass destruction.
    - Will be swapped out every so often for new maps/modes.
    - No classic 3 lane map. At least for the beginning. Was used heavily but fell out of favor.

Free-To-Play
    - Will offer skins for the heroes.
    - Not completely sure on the availability of the heroes. Some will be locked apparently but can be unlocked through simple gameplay.

Goal is to make a fun game that you can easily enjoy with your friends. Aiming for "short" games of ~20 minutes.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian

midga said:

@midga
    Ask and you shall recieve:

And some male for concept & comparison.

From what they said in the Art Panel a lot of the models aren't done yet. The Tauren male was "hot off the press" of being modeled and textured at his few second preview. What animations were done looked great.
    I'm so glad that they finally moved to models with a higher poly count. I know that MMO type games really hold to a tight count for reasons, but it's so nice to see them redone. I can say I'll be coming back to WoW. It was my first MMO and Im a bit excited about this expansion now.
    RahnalH102
    By Kris Straub of Chainsawsuit
    midgaTushon
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    ignore everything else, acquire Jaedong in the WCS Finals.
    MiracleManS
    No more absurd numbers. Personally I'm ok with either option, but the squish will be a heck of a lot easier to read.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Does this mean level 1 fireballs are going to do 1d3 damage?
    ZealocktheGreatmidga