Guns of Icarus Online

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I just know there were times when there was no fire extinguisher on-board, so it kinda turned me off to the buff hammer. Honestly, I'm not going to micro-manage. As long as all roles are covered, I'm happy. If you can do it effectively, buff away :)
    _k
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    General Buff stats:
    +25% power/engines
    +20% dmg/guns
    +30% armor/hull
    -25% vert drag, +100% lift force/balloon

+30% is quite a bit for hull. No wonder it takes so long to buff.
    _kmidgaSignalZealocktheGreat
    Okay, those are pretty significant. How long do they last?
    _k
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Here are the complete stats:
    Buff time
    2 min/engines
    20 sec/guns
    2 min/hull
    90 sec/balloon
    Buff stats
    +25% power/engines
    +20% dmg/guns
    +30% armor/hull
    -25% vert drag, +100% lift force/balloon
    Cooldown
    3 sec/engines
    6 sec/guns
    10 sec/hull
    7 sec/balloon

Also for those that are just starting engie, during time when you are not repairing and after you've scanned the skys to spot enemy ships, buff the engines. After they're buffed, buff up the left meter all the way - 1 hit. The left gauge does not go down. So in the heat of battle when something wears off, it only takes 1 hit for it to be buffed again.
    trooster89midga_kZealocktheGreat
    Signal said:

buff the engines. After they're buffed, buff up the left meter all the way - 1 hit.

And this with the guns. I've so many times seen a gun buffed right at the beginning of the game, and then it wears off a few seconds into the encounter. It's much better to buff almost all the way and then give it the final smack when the bullets start to fly.
    Signal_kZealocktheGreat
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian
    I would like to conversate with my fellow Captains for one second. I would like to ask that in the future we diversify the ships that we are competent on, and learn how to work these different ships together. So like in the next game instead of a Goldfish and a Pyramidion I say we roll a Mobula or a Spire or a Galleon with a Squid interference. Variety is the spice of death after all.
    _k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    JUNKER!
    I'll think about it.
    _k
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    This would actually be helpful to the engineers as well. Getting to know the layout of different ships, optimal repair path to take, where good lookout points are and whatnot.
    _k
    _kIlriyasZealocktheGreat
    Not sure what that pic has to do with anything BUT I do like orange tabby's so I like it.

Tonight is GOIO night and I would just like everyone to know that I am going to try a spire. So if you are going to be on my boat I suggest you study up on the layout I know I am.
    _k
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    soon.jpg
    _kmidgaZealocktheGreat
    edited November 2013

Sorry I didn't catch that immediately. Show's how much I actually get on this site.
    _kSnarkasm
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    What time are we taking to the skies?
    _kZealocktheGreat
    I'll be on when I'm off work. Sadly, I have no idea when that might be...
    ZealocktheGreat_k
    7:30 mountain time is what it usually is, but sometimes it doesn't get off the ground (heh) until 8:00. I'm a lazy ignorant douche bag so I'm not going to tell you what it would be in your respective time zones.
    _k
    @ZealocktheGreat what compliments your Spire?
    _k
    Something quick, and preferably tough. A Goldfish is a perfect match, but a Squid, Pyramidion, or a Junker would work just fine. A spire is devastating so long as no one gets a hold of it.
    _kmidga
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Midga, we've got the Goldfish down. Let's learn a new ship.
    ZealocktheGreat_k
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Sorry I didn't catch that immediately. Show's how much I actually get on this site.

They really only did this in the TF2sday thread. (To my knowledge.) So not big surprise.

_k
    I see very little of @Tushon in this thread. Spire and Junker tonight, LETS TAKE THEM BROADSIDE LADS!
    ZealocktheGreat
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

7:30 mountain time is what it usually is, but sometimes it doesn't get off the ground (heh) until 8:00. I'm a lazy ignorant douche bag so I'm not going to tell you what it would be in your respective time zones.

We should all just use GMT.

And Metric

IlriyasZealocktheGreat_k
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Are we using true Metric or UK Metric, I very much enjoy my Kilometres in regards to the former and it makes sense in consideration of everything else.

_k
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    _k_ said:

I see very little of @Tushon in this thread. Spire and Junker tonight, LETS TAKE THEM BROADSIDE LADS!

Lulz, I was gone over the weekend and busy today/tonight. Next time ... :)
    _k
    Trying to get my gf in to play with us, thus the "random" person in the party. I need to spend some time with her to help her through how to use the interface, she isn't believing me it is as hard as it is.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    That would explain the creepy person. Seriously though, the GUI is harder than the game.
    _ktrooster89
    She had no idea on how to respond to y'all
    "Hello" is usually sufficient.

Great games last night up to the end. Didn't really care for that last group, though. I'll probably be on tonight trying to get a feel for the junker or something.
    _k
    She didn't know how she was hearing people and didn't know how to send a text message to the party.
    Oooh, lol. No problem.