The Icrontic WoW 2014 discussion

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Guppy said:

However you can get a card with the purchase of MoP($10) or Starcraft:WoL/HotS($20).

Is that price for Starcraft an in-store-only deal?
  • GuppyGuppy Warren, MI Icrontian
    I think so, but I'm not sure. Blizzard has them for the same price. So if you don't care about the WoW card, that might be the better way to go.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I plan on going to GameStop to pick up Mists of Panderia. If anyone is interested in SC 2 I can pick up a copy for you and ship it to you in exchange for keeping the WoW time card.
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    Upgraded to MoP, reinstated my account for the first time since February. Let's see if I know what all these buttons do.

Started a new panda Monk named Yambaar on Kel'Thuzad, playing through the newb experience right now. So far planning to give healing a shot.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    :D
    @lmorchard when you're online, send a whisper to Kethark and I'll invite you to the guild.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    So the Warlock didn't work out either. I just don't -feel- the class. They've changed the pet mechanics considerably, and it feels even -less- like I was actually doing damage to my enemies. I even tried a couple of instance runs, and I honestly felt like I was more of a lazy liability than actually having any effect on the battle. There was just a general "lost" sort of feeling about whether or not I was getting anything done.

Maybe it gets better at later levels, or maybe it's just meant for someone entirely different to play, but I just wasn't having fun at all.

So now I decided "screw it" and went with the class I've been the most in-tune with when I was still playing way back when- Warrior. And DAMN it feels good to be back in that saddle. It feels like ACTUAL combat, and the class is wonderfully survivable. In fact, it even feels better than the awesome changes they made to the class with Cata, it's only gotten better.

I can't remember if I was -really- good at tanking (I remember I was at least competent enough to keep PUGs managed during Cata, anyway), but maybe I could throw down for that.
    primesuspectChooch
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    BHHammy said:

The World of Warcraft Digital Battle Chest and MoP are both 75% off until the new year...on a side note I suppose if anyone feels like jumping in this game and giving it a try, now's a better time than any.

Alright. I'll do it! I'll have no idea what I'm doing so wish me luck!
    BHHammyprimesuspect
    Trooster, awesome! Tell me your in-game name and we'll get you invited to the guild!
  • I just want to chime in and say I didn't quit. Free time for games was set aside for the new MVM maps in TF2. I'll try to hop back in at some point soon. I think Blizzard will want money from me now. Pretty sure my free week is past.
    midgaTiberiusLazarus
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Do we have any higher-level tailors in the guild? A lot of us noobs could really benefit from some netherweave bags or something.
  • For what it is worth, bags have always been cheaper* to buy from the AH than to craft. I think we could probably spare some funds to buy a stock of some netherweave bags for leveling persons.

*compared to using the materials for profession levelling or selling by themselves on the AH
    midga
    edited December 2013
    On a related note, for any inscription-type people, I have an extra 32-slot inscription bag. Someone priced them waaaay below the mean :3
    It's in the GB
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    School is back in session for me. Will be on a bit less than last week. Will try to find some time to log in.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian

School is back in session for me. Will be on a bit less than last week. Will try to find some time to log in.

Ditto...

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    midga said:

Do we have any higher-level tailors in the guild? A lot of us noobs could really benefit from some netherweave bags or something.

Let me know - I can get you some netherweave / embersilk bags. (20+ slot bags).

midga said:

That would rock very hard. I'll ping you in-game next time I'm actively on.
    Ergh. So I have a couple of friends that're playing again on another server, on the opposite faction.

Long story short, my attention's gonna be a bit split.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    BHHammy said:

Ergh. So I have a couple of friends that're playing again on another server, on the opposite faction.

Long story short, my attention's gonna be a bit split.

You're not alone on this boat.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

midga said:

Do need.
  • MAGIC said:

midga said:

Do need.
    There are 8 netherweave bags in the guild bank.

MAGIC said:

midga said:

Do need.
    There are 8 netherweave bags in the guild bank.
    Last I saw this number had been reduced to 4.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    I grabbed 4, I had been using 8 slot bags previously
    midgaMAGIC
  • There are 20 netherweave bags in the guild bank.

midgaMAGIC
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    For some odd reason I've found myself playing my hunter more when I log in....
    midga
    I'm sorry guys, I can't do this.

I'm loving getting back into this game, but I honestly have no clue why we picked a PvP realm to do this on. I was able to get through my low levels with no problem because...well, horde doesn't care nearly as much about mucking about in the Eastern Kingdoms at low levels. I got bopped every once in a while, but I just rolled with it.

Now I'm hitting outlands, and I'm getting shit on practically every 5 minutes. At least when I was trying to Quest in the Blasted lands, I could just...well, not quest in the Blasted Lands. But now I don't have much choice unless I pretty much level exclusively through instances.

Look, I'm just gonna come right out and say it- I'm not an open-world PvP sort of person. I'm not. If I wanna fight other players, I'll do it in a controlled manner via battlegrounds or duels. But I have very little interest in having PvP lurk around every corer, and not much interest in dicking on lowbies if I DID finally hit lvl 90. And I've been making this climb for a couple of weeks now- even if I play this game with a fair amount of dedication, the amount of work and other things I have to tend to all at once limits how much I can get done.

And, again, I'm having fun playing. But it's seriously hard to keep your spirits up when you're getting one-shotted by 90's or gang-banged by questing groups when you're playing solo. And I KNOW I've got at least 30 more levels of this to take.

I'm not going to quit WoW, no way. But I'm afraid I'm going to be switching Realms for the time being and probably swap to Horde to play with some friends that have been begging me to come do stuff with them. I just wanted to let you guys know what's up and not just suddenly drop off the map.
    midga
  • There are so many more ways to level than just grinding out quests. Not having fun doing one of them? Try another.

Dungeons, gathering, pet battles, pvp, get some of the higher level people and go do stupid old raids
    Doing the same dungeons over and over in LFG gets pretty grating after a while. Believe it or not, half of the fun for me is engaging with the world and being a badass, taking on several guys at once and finding ores/herbs and such along the way. Gathering still presents the same problems as questing, and mostly the same for pet battles, since you're still in the same areas.

And honestly, I'd rather not -have- to bug someone to come out and hold my hand to get stuff done. I know Guilds are there to help folks out, but it's kinda messed up if it turns out to be a -requirement-, and I know you guys have better things to do.
    midga
    I'm seeing my sentiments somewhat echoed here. I'm gonna stick it out, but I agree that the sanctioned trolling is wearying.
    I am having similar issues, but I have a different outlook on it: I either ask for a guildie to come help (and often, they do), or I leave and go do other shit... and then I pay it back upon the Horde when I get the chance. When I'm 90, I'm going to raze Thrallmar :rarr:

tl;dr: It's all the way you look at it.
    JBoogalooMAGIC