TF2 Smissmas Event 2013

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited December 2013 in Team Fortress 2
Notification that an update is coming soon (today) has been sent out.

Details to follow as I gather them tonight.

Edit- Update notes:
- Added new promo items
- Updated the localization files
Hrmmmm

-Digi
Signaloni_dels

Comments

• oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    ASTI DES CARIBOUS
    imageimage
    The Randolph the Blood-Nosed Caribou is a headwear item for the Sniper. It appears as the head of a red-nosed caribou, placed on the Sniper's head.

imageimage
    The Smissmass Caribou is a headwear item for the Sniper. It is a Reindeer pelt worn on top of the Sniper's head.

imageimage
    The Sack Fulla Smissmas is a miscellaneous item for the Scout. It is a team-colored stocking stuffed with presents that replaces the Scout's backpack.

imageimage
    The War on Smissmas Battle Socks are a miscellaneous item for the Soldier. They appear as a pair of team-colored socks, worn on the outfit of the Soldier, replacing the original grenades.

imageimage
    The War on Smissmas Battle Hood is a headwear item for the Soldier. It appears as a team-colored hood covering the Soldier's eyes, similar to the Head Warmer, with visible stitches on top of it.

imageimage
    The Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser is a miscellaneous item for the Pyro. It appears as a snow globe on top of Pyro's oxygen tank, with a snow-covered log cabin visible within. A plaque with the Steam logo and the number 2013 is bolted onto the back.
    BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    The above items are the unlocks that you can get for randomly crafting the Winter Sale Snow Globe Badge. The Blood Nose being the rarest item, down in rarity from there as ordered above.

There are other items in the random draw so you are not even guaranteed to get a TF2 item when crafting the badge.

-Digi
    oni_delstrooster89SignalBandrik
  • I got two items: a common for spiral nights and an uncommon for path of exile. I'm done hustling the badge/card game for now. Although it is nice when things are volatile like this you can more or less get stuff free, but it takes time and attention. Fun, but back to work.
    oni_dels
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    The thing that kind of bugs me about the trading card game this time around, is that they stated that (to paraphrase) unlike events in the past (summer sale), these winter event cards will disappear the moment the sale is up (you only keep completed badges and rewarded loot).

Thus, there's now a rush to get as many badges crafted as possible. I guess that's fine, but eh... the collector in me is bothered that leftover cards are lost and there's no chance of post-even trading after the dust settles.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    I agree. Also the past events like the summer tickets one and the coal for Christmas one unlocked things based on in-game achievements. Not just spending money.

I mean I guess I can get half the drops from playing the game, but its too much work. I'd have to play games I don't like that are free or I own to get card drops and then trade those to complete the sets for games where I'm out of drops. All to probably end up getting loot for spiral knights and not TF2.
    BobbyDigi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    It is all about bleeding you with cards. Ignore cards and acquire free money from selling them.
    Just got another update email. This time specifically states the Smissmas update is coming "very soon".

Valve time aside when we get these emails they are usually very accurate. Expect the update within the hour.

-Digi
    I hope there's a MvM with a giant futurama-style robo-santa.
    Signal
    well there goes the soda popper : (
  • Also sad about my soda popper., happy about the rest.
  • In my stocking I got...
    a name tag
    a description tag
    a backpack expander
    a giftapult
    some weapons
    a tour of duty ticket

Damn, not bad!
    Diamondback:
    - Now also gains a critical attack on successful backstab kills
    well, gotta stretch out those ol' spy legs...
    so i unboxed that christmas stocking they give, and that's all that i got:

so obviously worth it.
    Daaaaamn!

-Digi
    oni_dels
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    RIP Soda Popper. You will be missed.
    There seems to be another TF2 ARG going on.

Info as it develops here (Reddit)

-Digi
    PirateNinja
    General consensus (including @PirateNinja and @oni_dels above, Thank you gentlemen) is that the stockings all contain the same 5 items (expander, name tag, desc tag, tod ticket, giftapult) + 3 random drops (can be weps or hats)

-Digi
    oni_dels
    Over 5400 TF2 items have been crafted from the badges. Not 1 Blood Nose yet.

-Digi

-Digi
    oni_dels
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    I'm thankful for the backpack expander (and the few I bought from the sale earlier in the year) so much stuff getting thrown in there these past few updates.

Edit: Regarding the card/badge reward items - I was content with what I already had, nothing in the sale had particularly made me get the urge to splurge, but seeing that, and being that today was payday ....

In short, DAMMIT VALVE! You're lucky I already did my Christmas shopping.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Bah. I got a crit a cola, soda popper and some thing for the solider that heals 2 per second or something. Scout and Soldier are my two least played classes.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I got a skin, not for the Grenade Launcher but for the Grenades; I think, I don't know.

It's this:
    http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/A_Whiff_of_the_Old_Brimstone
    oh man, dat eyelander!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    MY SODA POPPER NOOOOOOOO WTF FUCK FUCK
    But it definitely was a bit OP.
    oni_dels
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    I got exactly what I needed, backpack expander and a tour of duty ticket. the rest is good as junk
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I hear the baby face blaster is a good alternative to the soda popper. At least for MvM. I don't know I always just use the stock Scattergun.
    Since I started moving away from offensive scout and more into defense, this doesn't affect me SO much, but it's still kind of annoying.
    Wait until you try it Prime... you can FLY!

-Digi
    oni_dels