2014 Icrontic Events

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited February 2014 in Events
Our tentative revised list of events for 2014. All hosted in Detroit, Michigan except Rennfest. Approximate order of attendance: Expo (by far), Oktoberfest, St Paddy's, New Years', Rennfest.

St. Paddy's & Marche Du Nain Rouge (#ICSP - 7th Annual)
21-23, March 2014
Our best new tradition is the Marche. We revel and game Friday & Saturday, then on Sunday we heat up our mulled wine and head over to the Marche Du Nain Rouge. Costumes encouraged; the color is red.

Expo Icrontic (#EPIC - 11th Annual)
18-22 June 2014
It's the biggest event of the year. Video game tournaments. Board game tournaments. Food Tour. Duct Tape Challenge. Hobbyist how-to sessions. Who even knows what else we'll come up with for this year.

Rennfest (#ICRENN - 5th Annual)
22-24 August 2014
This event is dominated by board games, delicious food, beer (wait, isn't this every event?) except we do it in the metro Washington DC area with our gracious hosts Anne & Eli (pragtastc). On Saturday we arrive at the Maryland Renaissance Faire at opening and stay there until our legs give out. Bring your costumes & steins if you got 'em!

Oktoberfest (#ICOK - 8th Annual)
31 October - 2 November 2014
On Saturday our costume party begins after dinner and stretches into the wee hours of the morning. Expect music, dancing, and great times. If you can't make Expo, aim for this one.

New Years Blast (#ICNY - 7th Annual)
31 December 2014 - 3 Jan 2015
Just take Fri Jan 2 off like you know you want to and stay for the weekend.
mertesnChoochZanthianoni_dels

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    ICTexas soon™
    PirateNinja_kRyanMM
  • Shootin for Oktoberfest.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Grab a ride with me, I'm always down for company on a long drive!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    JBoogaloo said:

I don't think your route goes through NE Indiana, but thanks. I just need to suck it up and drive that extra half hour (I'm 2.5hrs away).
  • PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian
    BT-Dubs... The Marche De Nain Rouge is set for the weekend of March 23rd. Parade that sunday.
    UPSLynx
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    BlackHawk said:

JBoogaloo said:

I don't think your route goes through NE Indiana, but thanks. I just need to suck it up and drive that extra half hour (I'm 2.5hrs away).
    or just stop for a while in scenic toledo, ohio.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    Tushon said:

ICTexas soon™

Tis true, not a rumor! ICAustin WILL BE A THING --> January or February 2015. Hold on to your hats, once you come, you won't want to leave, and that's a promse :D

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    The Icrontic Winterblast Road Tour?
    mertesnJBoogaloo
  • The Cincinnaticrontians would be happy to host a stop on the ICWB Road Tour 2015.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    OKC is on the way to Austin. Also a good stopping point for the night. Doubly so because beer on tap.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    ....We can go to Hillybilly HotDogs if we have an ICWV. You know you all want in.

.....right.
    LeahVoice
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

....We can go to Hillybilly HotDogs if we have an ICWV. You know you all want in.

.....right.

JBoogalooRyanFodder
    I've stricken single-day events (we'll just Facebook them - no one drives in for those anyway) and added an old favorite...
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2014

I know I am way past the deadline, but now that I will be present, if the Minecraft creative building contests could be added to the schedule, I would love to run 'em.

-Digi

GnomeQueen
    edited October 2014

Brian has created a Warlords of Draenor Release Party for Nov 14-16. :range:  

primesuspectGnomeQueen
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

It's always a good day when the rare and coveted :range: smiley comes out :D

Linc