Helping keep guild bank clean

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited January 2014 in World of Warcraft
If you loot a lockbox that requires 450 skill or less, send it through in game mail to Avisuku (Ryder's warrior). I will open it and send the contents back to you. Typically if it is under a 350 level to open (maybe 400) it will just contain a green piece of armor or weapon. All of the Ghost Iron ones I have opened contain some amount of gold and a green. I will return all contents to you.
Edit: I don't have to open it, it turns out. I can just unlock it and mail it back.

Useful mats, like cloth (someone may be leveling tailoring for example), should be put in the bank but don't go crazy. If there are 4-5 stacks (20 each) of the type of cloth you have, then sell it in the AH for yourself. If you get more and there are now none in the bank, go for it. It is always nice to have a little help from your friends to level your profession.
The stuff you create from your profession leveling can be useful to someone, but only 1-2 of the item, IMO. If you have to create 16 and they don't stack, sell the other 15 in AH or to vendor.

Feel free to add your thoughts in the thread :)
JBoogaloomidga

Comments

• BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    A couple of dedicated enchanters would probably be a huge help. Too often I've either been doing LFG or grinding out professions and ended up with a ton of greens that can sometimes be tricky to part with. Someone to send things to be DE'd to would probably help out a lot, then the enchanting mats could either be banked or sold.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Not sure I understand here. You mean BoE greens? How are they hard to vendor? Sell it to them and money goes in your pocket.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    :)

Auctioneer adds a recommended action for vendor, auction or d/e for most items. I generally post it 1-2x before d/e. I would volunteer to be the dedicated d/e person, but I literally only just picked up enchanting on my rogue.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Just auction them. We have two enchanters in the guild but the low-level greens DE into useless dusts (the time invested in AH the dusts, mats is not worth the return).

If you can't be bothered to auction them, just vend them. We don't need leveling greens in the guild bank.
    I would also like to ask about the large withdrawals from the guild bank? I wasn't under the impression that it was a resource for buying flying, etc?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2013
    Ryder said:

I would also like to ask about the large withdrawals from the guild bank? I wasn't under the impression that it was a resource for buying flying, etc?

Wow, in the last 30 days

Kethark withdrew 6680 gold
    Willinnan withdrew 4000 gold
    Heilo withdrew 3000 gold

glad i'm questing to fund the officer's mile high club...
    JBoogaloo
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    must be nice.
    4000 of my 6680 was a loan to Mrweird so he could buy flying. He is currently paying it back.

@Rexxar giggled and said his 4000 was to buy leggings and he will pay it back.

@Magic I have no idea

I am certainly paying back the 2680 that I borrowed and have already begun making deposits.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    ohHi, I grabbed some money for heirloom items when I started. Since then I've about paid it back in gold and several thousand in ore/gems for people to level.

Sorry, didn't know I was being babysat.

Also, as far as I'm concerned its gold that we earned from our old raiding and current questing so if you need gold for leveling, heirloom, riding/mounts at early level and you plan to contribute back an equal amount, just ask.
    I trust everyone who has access to withdrawals that they're doing it for good reasons and can be trusted.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    fatcat said:

glad i'm questing to fund the officer's mile high club...

The guild officers are paying in WoW gold to screw in airplane bathrooms? :wtf:
    midga
    Sorry but, babysat?

All guild members contribute, very true, but it was only after we reached a certain guild level and then it is only 5% of what you loot. There is now way that every guild member can borrow 2 or 3K gold so how do you draw the line?
    Imo, buying heirlooms with guild funds is not acceptable, they become a permanent part of an individual's account.
    I am not going to lose any sleep over it but I think that, at a bare minimum, 1 or 2 other officers should know about any withdrawal over 1K.
    Too many cooks spoil the soup and you can't always rule by committee because you will never agree on things, I get it, but these are my thoughts.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    I'm not trying to start a fight here, but guild funds should be used for resources to help the guild towards guild goals.

Heirloom items to get raiding characters to that level asap seemed like a good reason to barrow from the fund. I could be wrong.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    I have funds if people need loans.

Edit: I'm also more than willing to DE anything you mail to Ryanfodder.
    I think the big picture here is that so far, every big withdrawal has been a loan; nobody is taking money and not paying it back.
    I am not trying to pick a fight either. Loans are fine, but when nobody knows anything, it just causes WTF syndrome.
    Personally, the only time I have used guild funds is for raid repairs. I just play the game until I have the money I need.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    *cracks knuckles* The juice is still running.
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Making fresh squeezed orange juice? I'll take some!
    I paid back all 2680.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Interest free must be nice. I meant it when I said the juice is running.

2 Snapvines. 3 at the end of the week. Don't make me ask again.
    primesuspect
    I tried mailing them to Caballeros but it never went.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    MAGIC said:

ohHi, I grabbed some money for heirloom items when I started. Since then I've about paid it back in gold and several thousand in ore/gems for people to level.

Sorry, didn't know I was being babysat.

Also, as far as I'm concerned its gold that we earned from our old raiding and current questing so if you need gold for leveling, heirloom, riding/mounts at early level and you plan to contribute back an equal amount, just ask.

1. You are in a position where you have power that other players don't. You are and will always be babysat. Don't get upset, it's part of the responsibility.

2. To the effect of part one, I suggest you pay back loans in liquidated gold instead of ore/gems so nobody will call you out on paying back less than you pulled - any statement that says you paid it back in material is pretty suspect. As someone in a visible position, your job is to be hard on yourself so nobody can claim you're being easy on yourself. If you're not, people will call you out in an abrasive fashion.