Half naked kids with brain tumors!!!!

PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) WaifuDetroit, MI Icrontian
Well not really. Sickos.

Myself, along with a couple other icrontians (who still need to register) will be running around Detroit half naked this Feb 15th to benefit kids with brain tumors. The more important part...we're half naked. We're in our underwear. If I *personally* can raise...hmm...500 bucks for these kids I will run around like a half naked 50's housewife. If I don't raise 500 bucks, I will be far more modest, and therefor the pics a lot less interesting. (yes, there will be pics) I'm on the team GLORIOUS UNICORNS and as a team we'd like to earn some serious cash bux for those damn kids with fucking brain tumors.

So...plaaas halp? image

hopecur.com/gloriousunicorns

GnomeQueenJBoogaloo

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    Welp. I'm in for $3-$5 to see my wife run around in her underwear... Maybe $1 or $2.
    mertesnoni_delsJBoogaloo
    I'm just saying that her "Half-naked 50's housewife" bit is probably worth seeing.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Wait, so is this an outdoor run?

The knowledge that you're willing to do something that batshit crazy is worth the cost of entry. Donated.
  • PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, did I forget to mention it'll be outdoors...in Detroit...in February? It will be. Brrrr.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2014

It will be. Brrrr.

Now we're getting to the point. ;)
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    The body has some... Rather marvelous ways to react to cold...
    Also, seems that site is somewhat dodgy.. Both times the site failed to load when I tried donating, giving me a script timeout message or something, but now it seems I've donated twice. Oh, well.
    Marvelous ways? Like...limbs falling off or stuff that's more interesting? I'll double check the site in a bit and see if/what may have gone through. So far I haven't received any emails about new donations but I'll let you know. ....Thanks??
    Well, I dunno, but I've received two purchase confirmations/reciepts dated today at 10:02 and 10:12.
    edited January 2014
    I think the site has been acting screwy...it's not loading for me right now. It's been ok. Oooo, you broke the system! Anyway, if you email them they'll probably take care of the double charge. =T Here's a link for donation issues. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEdONVhyb2ZQQkxoT285Q0c5cHZNemc6MA#gid=0
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Yeah, it's loading incredibly slowly (congrats on lots of traffic, maybe?), but I verified even with the script failure, my donation went through.
    edited January 2014
    Also, that site triggered my bank's automatic fraud detection system, and my card got blocked.

Update: Contacted my bank, and they told me they usually blocked all transactions to foreign charities. Weird policy, but I cleared it out with them, and they'll unblock my card.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    ok site is still not loading. but is this going to be a one time donation or by the mile? I'm would be in Brian will tell ya I like making people go go in the cold for a donation. hmm been awhile since he went out in the cold for donations,
    get him to go with ya as a couple you can wear a veil and he can wear a bow tie. but I'll be in when the link comes back up
    yeah sorry all, the site seems to be having some technical difficulties today! le sigh. Donations are for the whole run...but i decided to make it more interesting by saying what I *will* be wearing if I can raise 500 cash bucks...my 1950's pinup lingerie. ;) if I don't make it to 500 cash bucks my outfit will definitely be including modest and warm long underwear! (boring!)
  • I made my donation right before the site went down. The site is back up now, and it hasn't counted my donation as far as I can tell, although I did get an email confirmation.
    Meh, good luck and thanks for helping the kids!

@DogDragon it's a one time donation of whatever amount you decide, not per mile.
    PinkInDetroit
    Site appears to be back up.
    Ninja, thanks! I'm keeping an eye open for it, but so far nada. Also yes, thanks...it's a one time donation. my bad!
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Also up for donation: If we hit the 500 mark I will be wearing my spartan cape and some pink boxers.

Else, i'm also going to go the modest/warm route as well. Its cold here.
    Canti
  • I will definitely chip in Friday.
    PinkInDetroit
    Hoooooottttt
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    When's the donation deadline?
  • I do believe the run itself is Feb 15, so I'd try to get donations in before Feb 10 to be safe.
    By the way after contacting them about my donation, they fixed it and it shows up now. More importantly, they got it.
    PinkInDetroit
    yay! and in other good news, starting today...all donations will be matched! so 50 will actually earn 100! :)
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    I'm in did it today :)
    PinkInDetroit
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

yay! and in other good news, starting today...all donations will be matched! so 50 will actually earn 100! :)

Well, I'm sold - donated!

PinkInDetroit
    <3<3<3
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    In.
    PinkInDetroit
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    I half-nakeded brain kids tumors with!
    PinkInDetroit
    OH GOD SO CLOSE. Also...thanks to you dirty bastards wanting me to run around in sexy pin up lingerie in the freezing cold....I'm ranked #11 in Detroit for the most donations! HOW ABOUT TOP 10?! 8=====D