Digi's Blaze of Glory (Payday 2 Challenges)

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited January 2014 in Gaming
So I'm going to define some challenges in Payday 2 and will be looking for 3 heisters to go down in a blaze of glory with me. If the first challenge goes well, I will be defining more challenges for future runs.

Challenge 2: Digi's $450,000 Crack Party
Goal: Cook Meth until we run out of ingredients
Mission: Rats
Difficulty: Very Hard
Very Hard Record: $TBD
Special Instructions: Record set by Payday amount received after day 3.
Loadout: No restrictions.
Assets: Allowed. No limitations.

Challenge 1: Gentlemen. It has been a privilege playing with you tonight.
Goal: Survive as long as we can, final stand style
Mission: Ukrainian Job
Difficulty: Very Hard or Overkill (to be tracked separately)
Overkill Record: 59:03 Pacifisto, ErrorNullTurnip, Requit, BobbyDigi
Very Hard Record: TBD
Special Instructions: Alarm must be set off in the first 15 seconds of the mission. Getaway is not an option.

I'm thinking possibly tomorrow (Saturday) night or Sunday for our first try. If you are interested in riding along, please speak up here with your availability. Once we have 4, we can discuss specific times.

-Digi

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Sounds fun, but I have a wedding reception saturday night and WoW raid sunday (at least I think I do) evening. If it is earlier in the day that could work.
    BobbyDigi
  • I could probably make Saturday night work... though I'd be the sandbagger on the team. I haven't PayDay'd in a while.
    BobbyDigi
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I could probably make saturday night work. I guess I need to get to leveling, haha! I'm with Ardi as I haven't PayDay'd in a while, either. Could be fun as hell though!
    BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    The strategy I have in mind involves buying the Shutter code which will close up the two big windows in the front of the shop. That leaves the front door and two side widows in each of the back offices that then funnel through the back of the shop. If we get a lucky spawn, there will be a shipping container blocking one of the side office's windows. On Ukrainian Job simply walking through the front door will set off the alarm so at least one of the crew will do that, one will run to the back to activate the shutters and then we hold down the shop until we can hold no more.

It's just for fun and could for sure be a learning experience for the newer players. If you need some levels we can arrange that also. We could speed run Rats which will level you up pretty quick.

If there is enough interest, we could do runs on Saturday and Sunday. For now I've got @ardichoke and @JBoogaloo down for Saturday and @Tushon for an earlier run on Sunday.

-Digi
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    Error and I would be interested, I'm sure, but unfortunately he's leaving his gaming PC behind to come visit me in person this weekend. If he's back home in time, maybe we'll be in for Sunday.
    BobbyDigi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    This seems familiar ... oh yeah me and 2 friends unintentionally did exactly this. Lasted a fair bit of time. Probably a lot more fun when it's planned to go that way. I'm probably WAY underleveled compared to most of you, and would be even more of a "sandbag" then Ardichoke. I'll have time to work on that though.

Even though I'll be at my computer for most of the weekend I will still be preoccupied for the majority of that time.
    So definitely interested, but can't do this weekend. I'll look out for the next one.
    BobbyDigi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Ping me if you need someone.
    BobbyDigi
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    I can do Sunday, I think. Put me down for a strong maybe.
    BobbyDigi
    @ardichoke @JBoogaloo @_k_

How does 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern tonight work for you guys?

-Digi
    That may work.
    BobbyDigi
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    ok.
    BobbyDigi
  • I can't guarantee that I'll be there right at 9pm... but I'll try and be there close to that time.
    BobbyDigi
    @JBoogaloo I am not sure we are Steam friends.

Add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobbydigi

-Digi
    edited January 2014
    Sorry we didn't get in touch before the run J. Got to be about 6:45 so we pulled in Ryu.

OverKill - 26:49 is the time to beat. ardichoke, _k, Ryu and I.

-Digi
    So @Pacifisto @ErrorNullTurnip Any estimate on when Error will be home / Ready to run? I'm thinking we, along with @Requit can try and meet up tonight after the Chargers game? Maybe 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern (unless overtime).

@Tushon and @RahnalH102 We'll see about getting one more and doing a run some time during the week?

-Digi
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Here and ready to go, this evening works fine. Hit me up on Steam whenever we're going.
    BobbyDigi
    @ time thing!
    @Pacifisto, @ErrorNullTurnip, @Requit and I did 2 runs tonight. the first didn't go as well as hoped ending at 23:18.

The second run 2 things happened. First, even though I bought the asset, it would not allow us to activate the shutters so we hunkered down in the back offices. We ran into a bit of a glitch that worked a bit too much in our favor. The random fence on the side ally spawned and quite a few Shields built up on the side of the building. This effected the spawns and it got to the point it felt pretty cheesy. We could have held out indefinitely. We had 3 ammo bags and a medic bag down and one of each we had not even dropped yet.

So at 45:00 we decided to make a bag run to the van to see if that would shake them up. We lost Requit to a sniper on the run but it still didn't budge the bugged Shields. So we went into the ally and cleared them out. That allowed for more spawns but it still seemed pretty easy. We decided at 60 min we would head for the Van. At just under 59 min the perfect storm hit and a Bulldozer took the Turnips and I down giving us an official time of 59:03.

If anyone else wants to group up and beat that, I encourage them to do so. It was a lot of fun. We'll shoot to not have the side fence if Tush, Rah and I get in a run this week.

I'm heading back to the drawing board to come up with Challenge #2.

-Digi
    edited January 2014
    Challenge 2: Digi's $450,000 Crack Meth Party
    Goal: Cook Meth until we run out of ingredients
    Mission: Rats
    Difficulty: Very Hard
    Very Hard Record: $TBD
    Special Instructions: Record set by Payday amount received after day 3.

Who wants some crack?

-Digi
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    @ErrorNullTurnip and I are in.
    BobbyDigi
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    Meth =/= crack. But I'm in. So we have to not only cook the maximum amount of meth, but steal it all from the trade and then get every money bag from the c4 rigged bus? Walk in the park.
    BobbyDigi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Baking Good.

I'm in for this.
    BobbyDigi
    Requit said:

So we have to not only cook the maximum amount of meth, but steal it all from the trade and then get every money bag from the c4 rigged bus? Walk in the park.

Per the challenge you really only have to cook the max amount of meth but the challenge is gauged on your final payday so it would be most beneficial to steal all the things on day 2 and 3.

I may be able to do a run tonight, will feel out other's availability after the SF / SEA game.

-Digi
    Group is set for first three responders (Turnips and Requit) for Wed around 6pm pacific.

Ilriyas, Mayhaps we can coerce a couple of the UPS crew to give it a go after LoEI or later in the week?

-Digi