Guns of Icarus Online

Comments

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    I was wondering what you were doing on the bowsprit (had to google that). I usually go out there to spot ships, but was confused when you were out there facing the ship with your mallet in hand.
    midgaRahnalH102ZealocktheGreat
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    So Monday is a holiday so I'll definitely be down for some Icarus with you guys. I need to get on and actually play. Can we set up a Steam notification or something for those of us that are forgetful, like for TF2sdays.
    midgaZealocktheGreat
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    While a Steam notification would be cool, I don't know if that would really be practical. There are less than 10 of us that play and 4-6 that play regularly on Mondays. So it would be more Spam than reminder to the majority of Icrontic. Instead, I will add you to my list of people to bug a half hour/hour before we take to the skies.
    ZealocktheGreat
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Nah... That is one of the points of the Steam group, a centralized place to let people know of scheduled gaming. I'll set up events for the next couple Mondays. Those who don't play can ignore it. Perhaps there are others that don't come to the forum and don't know about the playtime but would like to play GoIO with Icrontians?

-Digi
    Signaltrooster89midgaZealocktheGreat
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    That's great. Maybe Monday we'll have enough for two full ships! I still hold out hope for an Icrontic fleet.
    ZealocktheGreat
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I will likely not be in tonight. Raiding overlaps with this, and at least for the next few weeks I really want to be involved in the raids. If y'all are playing later in the week, though, shoot me a message. :)
    ZealocktheGreat
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    I might play tonight.....might.
    ZealocktheGreat
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    Sooon
    ZealocktheGreat
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Not going to make it tonight. Got a headache kicking my head. Have fun those that do.

-Digi
    ZealocktheGreat
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian
    lost every single game tonight still had fun. Team mate was handicapped in one way or another in just about every game though.
    _kSignal
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    That guy with the galleon was horrible. Maybe if he spent more time playing and less time typing out lyrics. Also, I've never seen someone ground a ship with a full balloon. "I've hit a sandbar!" No, you've landed on a hoodoo (TF2 taught me that) stop trying to turn and just go up. Also, the galleon has no guns pointed forward, guess which way we always faced ships. Most frustrating match ever.
    ZealocktheGreat_k
    I almost lost it when that guy said he got stuck on a sandbar lol. Sorry I left you guys hangin. I was having a bunch of connection problems last night.
    ZealocktheGreatSignal
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    Can we change out the stern gun on the Pyrmidian? The Barking Dog Light Carronade isn't working there. If a ship is close enough to get within short damage range of our port side I'm going for the flamethrower for two reasons.

1. It's right next to the hull.
    2. It sets all their stuff on fire so they move away with all their crew rushing to put out the fires so they stop attacking.

I want something with some range for the stern gun. Perhaps a Mercury Field Gun or a Artemis Light Rocket Launcher?
    midgaZealocktheGreat
    Will one of those guns work? Will we win all the matches? Will people show up? Find out this episode on Shooting Ships Z.
    SignalZealocktheGreat
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Planning on being on at 9 CST.
    ZealocktheGreat
    RahnalH102ZealocktheGreattrooster89
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    "Screw you, I'm Luigi!"
    ZealocktheGreatRahnalH102
    Good games tonight went on about an hour longer than usual and that's fine with me. Karma got shown the ropes, and Midga finally managed to get in on a game...then his jackass team mate insulted him after his first match and that ended. Next time we'll make sure that we get in on the same team. A Squid just ain't right fo' you m'mm! now you need yo'self a big strong Pyramidion give you the support you need mhmm the support you deserve girlfriend!
    RahnalH102midga
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    I really like the rocket launcher on the stern.

I didn't think Midga was doing bad at all. He was just the one we were in combat with the most because his teammate was nowhere to be found. He did a couple swoops, but other than that, was not really supporting Midga taking us on.
    ZealocktheGreatmidga
    That was my first piloting. How bad was it? I mean I did get my wingman killed at least once and I know people wanted a different gun set-up.
    ZealocktheGreat
    Thanks for the support, guys. :) I was ready to just quit the game entirely after that crap. Not feeling so bad now <3
    ZealocktheGreat
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Nah, that guy was just a dick. Him and the Luigi guy were the only two negative Nancys I've seen while playing this game. I'd say 98% of the player base are really helpful and friendly. Usually you will get constructive criticism if you do something wrong. Also, since you are not quitting the game now, I expect to see you next Monday at 9 for more practice.
    midgaZealocktheGreat
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    I'm still trying to convince myself to get back in. Lag issue should be resolved.

I'd like to try my hand at piloting in any case.
    ZealocktheGreattrooster89
    I've had experiences like that a few times now, and every time it bothers me way more than it should. Seriously ruins my entire night. Usually dicks and trolls don't get to me that bad; something about goio makes the cuts sting. Dunno.

Anyway, I'll probably be late, but I'll be there. :)
    ZealocktheGreatSignal
    From a team mates perspective @_k_ that was decent enough flying. Most of flying is based on a feel for the ship itself so you will never be good at a new ship until you fly it enough. Outside of that you were much better than team mates I've had in the past. Whether you shoot a gun or not your presence alone makes it much easier on me, and the double Gatling wasn't bad as I am ram happy. The difference between a decent pilot, and a fantastic pilot is momentum planning. Where are you, and your enemy, and your team mate going to be fifteen seconds from now?

@midga I'm happy to hear that. I was a bit scared that you were going to stop all together, but I'm glad your not. I brought up that he just chased off my friend after you left, and he insulted you again. I left, and I'm certain the game fell apart after that.

Cinders wherever you are right now I raise a drink to the flaming horse dick, waiting and fully aroused at your inclination towards hell.
    midgaSignal
    _k_ said:

That was my first piloting. How bad was it? I mean I did get my wingman killed at least once and I know people wanted a different gun set-up.

You were certainly better than me. Lol. Although I seem to always get that same awful map any time I attempt to pilot. Oh well maybe someday with more practice...

For now, I'm perfectly happy shooting at stuff.
    ZealocktheGreat
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    K if you ever want to hop on for some sandbox play just let me know. We could either do the practice ships or each man a ship so you could learn ramming. Same to you Midga if you want to get back into the groove.
    ZealocktheGreat_kmidga
    I might join you guys if its not too much trouble. I probably won't captain much, but if we ever do get more icrontic people into this, it'll be handy to have a few pilots.
    ZealocktheGreat