Minecraft Server Tour + Big Announcement

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2014 in Minecraft
What: An ICMinecraft Server tour

When: Saturday, Feb 8th, 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern

Where: The ICMinecraft server, meet up at the fire pit outside of spawn

Why: To spur conversation about the current server, leading up to a big announcement after the tour.

Trust me, you don't want to miss this.

Streaming here:

There may be some down time for as many as two hours leading up to the tour. Please make sure to test your setup and make sure you can connect to the server (you will need to setup a profile using version 1.6.4) before the 7th. I won't be troubleshooting connections that night.

-Digi
BandrikBasilUPSHitmanCreeperbane2ErrorNullTurnipZanthianRahnalH102

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    in
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    in
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I'm in.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Well, time to reinstall Minecraft.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    In. I need to work some more on the baseball stadium. This gives me incentive.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    hopefully I'll be back in town by then...
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I might show up later in the evening to see what's going down.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Weeeeeeeee.
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    IN, yesssss!!! Im ready to craft it up some more.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited January 2014
    DAMN IT. The ONLY night I'm busy that week. Won't be home till after 10 Eastern at the earliest. Might be able to catch the end/announcement.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited January 2014

DAMN IT. The ONLY night I'm busy that week. Won't be home till after 10 Eastern at the earliest. Might be able to catch the end/announcement.

That sucks, but if it's that important, one of us could always record the audio in Mumble during the announcement. Or even video record it to twitch.

Because, you know, we have the internet now son.

one question that has come up @BobbyDigi

could this be moved to saturday the 8th??
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    I'm not sure that I'll be able to be home from work by 6PM on Friday. Saturday would make me happier.
    Saturday would be MUCH better for me as well. I'll almost certainly be back home by then.
    And Saturday is the one day I can't make it. pffftttt where is my raspberry emoticon.
    edited January 2014
    d3k0y said:

And Saturday is the one day I can't make it. pffftttt where is my raspberry emoticon.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/playful/blowing-a-raspberry-smiley-emoticon.gif

UPSKingpin
    Regardless when it ends up happening, someone should do a video capture of the whole event for those interested parties who cannot make it.
    Basil
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    I work that night... :( I will have to get the cliff note version afterwards.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I am open to changing the date but can't promise anything yet. I plan to Twitch stream the event and post highlights to YouTube afterwards.

I'm not really sure how long the tour itself will last but even if you have to join in late, I promise it will be worth showing up.

On note of the tour, if you have a build on the server that is not blatantly evident from overviewer that you would like featured on the tour, please PM me the details so I can try to work it in.

-Digi
    UPSLynxBasilErrorNullTurnipUPSHitman
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    saturday! saturday! saturday!
    midga
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    BobbyDigi said:

On note of the tour, if you have a build on the server that is not blatantly evident from overviewer. -Digi

Now I feel like I need to go clean house. Ceadus still isn't done.
    I will be working hard on the stadium all weekend then to get it done in time for the tour. I am replacing the colored wool cubes with dirt and wool carpet. Once I get that done I'm going to actually work on the seating areas. If anyone has any stone or clay/brick to donate that would be great. There is a chest in the middle of the field, if that runs out of room feel free to add another chest. Thanks!
    ups land has a lot to
    CrazyJoe said:

I will be working hard on the stadium all weekend then to get it done in time for the tour. I am replacing the colored wool cubes with dirt and wool carpet. Once I get that done I'm going to actually work on the seating areas. If anyone has any stone or clay/brick to donate that would be great. There is a chest in the middle of the field, if that runs out of room feel free to add another chest. Thanks!

i will hop on and try to donate some goods.
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    CrazyJoe said:

I have tons of cobble from my quarry plot, give me the coords for the area and I'll drop it off
    So it won't let me connect to the server. I think it's because when I loaded up the game it auto updated to 1.7.4. How do I downgrade to whatever version the server is running?
    On the launcher screen in the bottom left hand corner there is an edit profile button. Click that and in the "use version" dropdown, select 1.6.4. That should allow you to connect to the server on the current version.
    BobbyDigiPirateNinja
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    I'm going to go ahead and officially move the event to Saturday the 8th. It was a tough decision but based on the feedback here it will maximize attendance. @D3k0y is there any time would would be able to join at least for a bit?

-Digi
    UPSMatL
    edited February 2014
    Saturday in general is the day I spend with my wife, so I am pretty much out that whole day with baby shopping. I can watch it on twitch if someone records it.

P.S. I am having a baby (July 16th)
    PirateNinjaRahnalH102BandrikBobbyDigi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    My curiosity makes me really want to know what this is, but I will be skiing Saturday.
    Unless a snowstorm blows through and gets me out of work it looks like I'll be missing this. Have fun guys, I'd love to see a recording of this after it's done