Hearthstone Discussion

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
The game is in open beta now.

I have been in the beta for a few months, play casually. I bought a couple of arena tickets but 99% of my cards have been earned through grinding daily quests for gold to get into arenas.

It can be fun. Right now the most played decks, at least at my rank, are one turn kill warrior and hunter decks. Though its cool when that type of trick is found, but it quickly loses its novelty and is boring when that's literally the ONLY way people play a class. Whenever I roll a hunter to play against i know he is waiting for some unleash the hounds combo.

I personally bounce between rank 14 to 12 playing with a piecemeal Paly deck with no legendary cards. I think that is about the highest you can get in the ranks without spending a lot of money to forge a top tier deck or have gotten lucky and just happened to open some the must have legendary cards.

I'm magic#1793 if you want to play.

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    I've been playing since I got into the beta late October. It's really grindy I feel to get decent enough cards to compete in constructed ranked play. I mostly just play complete quests to get enough gold for arena runs. Arena mode is the most fun to me even though it also can be really frustrating, like losing to a druid who drafted 4 swipes or a mage with 4 fireballs and 2 pyroblasts.

Since the ladder reset i've been sitting around 16-14 rank, but i've played more arena matches than ranked constructed.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    If you don't have a Rag just in your deck, getting above rank 14 is pretty tough.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Dailies? Ragnaros? Paladin?

World of Warcards?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Thrax said:

Dailies? Ragnaros? Paladin?

World of Warcards?

Essentially.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I played through some of the computerized deck stuff and had a pretty similar experience, but stopped much earlier. I don't think these sort of card games hold a lot of interest for me outside of social interaction, which you don't really get in this medium. I enjoyed playing MTG via Steam with @Cannonfodder and a few others for a while, for example.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I've been mostly ok with quick pickup games. Scratches an itch. I also want to try Scrolls.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    Been watching a ton of streamers play this in between LoL games, might try it out for a bit. Seems like a fun 20min - 4hr game, depending how srsly you want to take it.
  • brightbright Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    I played Arena for awhile but got irritated from all the disconnects because disconnects cause game loss. It's also annoying when you get a terrible Arena draft and face those that had a great Arena draft.

After that I did dailies/rank for packs but I'm pretty burnt out with it right now, I kind of don't like it anymore.
    I find it pretty crazy how popular the game is to watch. It's practically the second most popular game on twitch.tv.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    I played this a bit in the closed beta, and a bit more again now that it is open. I've mostly stuck to the arena matches over the actual ranked matches so far. Hearthstone is one of the better card games out there on the pc from what I have tried. One of the primary draws about hearthstone for me is how short the games are. Most games I play only take about 5-15 minutes.

The other card game I really like and tend to play the most is Scrolls. Digi essentially introduced me to it at expo as its by the makers of minecraft. Its a pretty fun game, and takes a while to gather up cards at first, but cards retain their value and you can trade cards which so far seems to be one of the only games that lets you do that!!

I also tried playing solforge, but have had really horrible luck with their system and attempting to get cards so I'm not a huge fan of that one.
    edited April 2016

The new Yogg card can lead to some interesting moments... Might be a little loud.

RahnalH102
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Wow. Just wow. Praise Yogg indeed.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Pack openings got me 3 Yoggys and a golden one. Somebody wants me to play Yogg decks.

WinfreyMAGIC