Who wants to run around the moon with me this year?

HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chefAustin Icrontian
edited February 2014 in Fitness
So was sitting here on the job hunt, thinking I wanted to go for a run, but wished I had a running buddy. Remembering back to the days before ICOK 2013 we had a pretty good group going for motivation to run/walk and lose weight. Therefore, I thought of all of you! So, I think we should create a spreadsheet and motivate each other to get going again. The moon is approximately 7,000 miles around, and I think Icrontic can run around it this year. Let's start today, you can walk, run, elliptical, or any other activity you can record in miles!

WHO'S WITH ME!? @TiberiusLazarus, @tushon, @troublebaker, @WAGSFTW, @fatcat, and everyone else who wants tooooo joinnnnn ussss :D

Doc is live here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai6vakc0bS8ndEY4NHhUTlFIRm5NejNieDdNTEtiSXc&usp=sharing
WagsFTWSignal

Comments

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    Can elliptical count? That's what I do indoors when I can't do some trail running outside. And how about walking? (stretch the rules?) :P
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    WagsFTW said:

Can elliptical count? That's what I do indoors when I can't do some trail running outside. And how about walking? (stretch the rules?) :P

I think running/walking/elliptical, any mileage activity should count! LET'S ALL GET MOTIVATED!!!!!!
    WagsFTW
    Going to the gym in 2 hours! I'll count it! Want to start the Google spreadsheet for us?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    As soon as my knee is back to tip top shape, physical activity shall resume (e.g. I'm walking around a bunch and stretching to make that happen).
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Anyone else use RunKeeper? I usually use that when I do my runs, would be nice to set up some challenges in there
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    WagsFTW said:

Going to the gym in 2 hours! I'll count it! Want to start the Google spreadsheet for us?

spreadsheet created and editable

• SignalSignal Icrontian
    Tonight I'm doing W3D2 of C25K. I'll start logging here. Acronym man away! *whoosh noises*
    HumerusMeg
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    If walking counts, I'm totally down for this.
    midga said:

If walking counts, I'm totally down for this.

Any activity that is mileage counts! :D

Looks like it's time to measure my stride and actually get some use out of this fitbit. :D
    HumerusMeg
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I need to get my running game back up anyhow, I'm game. :)
  • In, I guess. I take it we're tracking from the start of February?
    ardichoke said:

In, I guess. I take it we're tracking from the start of February?

I assumed we were tracking from the "today" that was in the original post. If we're tracking from Feb 1 I need to add some numbers.
    You can do either, I'm using Feb 12th, we can go to the 1st if you guys want to @ardichoke, and @midga
    Love it. The cardio machines at the gym at work have a login feature, and track your time, distance, calories burned, etc. And I can view a report by month so I don't have to do any math (unless I do mileage activities outside of the gym). Sweet!
    HumerusMeg
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    In!
  • I put down my number going back to the start of February. That was easiest for me since Endomondo just throws that number right up in mah face.
    I don't care either way. I've got the statistics for both :D
    @_k_ dat biking
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    In. Already ran today. Totes counting it.
    edited February 2014
    I did it starting from beginning of Feb based on my elliptical while waiting for my knee braces
    everyone can do whatever they choose!

ALSO, HIGHFIVE to everyone who has signed up and is getting their sweat on to be active! :D
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    Can't I just ride around the moon by myself? I wish there was a booo that I could add to a comment for every time Nick tags me for something.
    NO!
    midga
  • 3 course, prix fixe, V-Day dinner tonight. I'm going to need to hit that treadmill for some 5k tomorrow....
    HumerusMeg
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    My wife has a 5K to benefit her school that we're doing next week. Will add the distance. Also there's this.

Curiosity Rover ‏@MarsCuriosity · Feb 11
    My total driving distance on Mars is 4.97 km. Anyone on Earth want to run a #5K when I reach that mark? #Curiosity5K #LetsMove

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    I've started running at least 2 miles almost daily now, I love it. In.
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    I only run to the bathroom, not even being late for work can make me hurry...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Pink said:

I only run to the bathroom

That'll do, Pink. That'll do.
    Pinkmidga
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    Cycling count?
    MAGIC said:

Cycling count?

Sure, its measured in mileage!