BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
Server: minecraft.ardichoke.info:25566

Minecraft version 1.7.4

The rules posted at spawn pretty much sums it up:

-Digi
midga

Comments

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Did some nether recon last night, no fortress to be seen in the immediate area of the portal, will need to delve deeper with a propper squad. As for recurces there are is much nether quartz readily accessable and a decent ammount of easy glowstone.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    Updates!

Cris1s and I went on adventure to the Nether, found a fortress and grabbed a good hand full of blaze rods. We also spent many nights hunting Endermen and have more than enough to start fortress hunting. I think I might lead a group to find the End Portal tomorrow after TF2. We also have a full brewing setup in the Spawn House (Brewing Reference). There is a chest full of extended speed potions, have at them. Farm up the wart and the reeds (for sugar) and we can continue to have speed potions all day, erry day. Please return empty bottles to the chest.

The Nether Fortress was very lucrative. I found a couple saddles and a Diamond Horse Armor. Went and found me a fine horse and decked him out. He is in a corral at spawn. Please look but do not touch. After giving Cris1s his split for the help, I have 3 iron and 2 gold horse armors. They will be given to the first 5 players who;

A: Obtain a saddle.
    B: Tame a horse.
    C: Ride up to me while on the server and ask nicely for one.

I placed an Ender Chest at the Spawn House. Ender Chests on servers act like private storage for each player. You will only see and have access to what you place in the Ender chest. You will then have access to that inventory from any Ender Chest. Use it to store your valuables that you do not want to carry around with you.

I ended up with a couple of records while monster killin' so I also placed a record player in the house. Feel free to bump some jams. Please return the discs to the chest next to the player afterwords.

Man I love this game.

-Digi
    midgaUPSMatLErrorNullTurnip
    Moar Updates!

Cris1s, Zealock and I ventured out and found the Stronghold tonight. Portal is in tact, all eyes have been placed except 1 that will be placed to activate the portal and head in to fight the dragon. A quick discussion amongst ourselves and it sounds like Saturday is when we will be slaying the Test Dragon!

Also thanks to Butters, who found a villager who traded for watermelon, we now have watermelon to mass produce and make health potions with.

So use the next few days to prepare. If you need anything (from iron to enchantments, really anything) talk to me and if I can not provide you with it, we can work on getting it for you. Only thing we don't have an abundance of is Diamonds but we have plenty of iron. Even if you only put 1 level into each piece, all your armor should be enchanted. To grab a quick couple levels, kill about 1/3 of the cows and then grab some wheat and bread them. You will get XP from both killing and breading.

I will be mass producing potions. I currently only have 9 regeneration potions though so if anyone wants to go Ghast hunting (need tears) that would be helpful.

I am open for times. Maybe 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern, how does that work for most?

-Digi
    midgaErrorNullTurnip
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    There is a skele spawnner in the desert, If I can find it again I will set a quick and dirty arrow farm to mass produce arrows
    BobbyDigi
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Times Saturday sound awesome. I will get my MC working before then.
    BobbyDigi
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I joined, grabbed a blue leather suit and sword, dug until I found some coal for torches, and built a little cobble hut at the top of the hill with the minecart. Mostly because that cart is hella fun and a good way to run away from mobs. ;D
    BobbyDigi
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    I built a tower that goes as high as it can, and I put my bed at the top. Cola likes sleeping at the top.

RahnalH102PirateNinja
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    cola said:

Cola likes the top.

Linccola
    Understood.
    midgacolaRahnalH102
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    cola said:

I built a tower that goes as high as it can, and I put my bed at the top. Cola likes sleeping at the top.
    />

cola's bed has man juices flowing from it. this is concerning at that rate as it is pictured.
    midgacola
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Got on for about an hour last night and learned that there is a new mob that threw its voodoo juices at me!! ill have to research some new features to an updated 1.7.4
    I'm excited to see some progress on the server and can't wait for a link to old world. @BobbyDigi let me know if I can help in anyway, I would be glad to do it.
    BobbyDigi
  • ZealocktheGreatZealocktheGreat SkyCaptain Captain of the Sky Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    Made a chicken farm near spawn. It's in a cave, and has several signs that allude to its location as chicken farms are something that you want to keep away from spawn. Use it for whatever you need to. Like feathers for arrows...or something.
    UPSMatL said:

Got on for about an hour last night and learned that there is a new mob that threw its voodoo juices at me!! ill have to research some new features to an updated 1.7.4
    I'm excited to see some progress on the server and can't wait for a link to old world. @BobbyDigi let me know if I can help in anyway, I would be glad to do it.

That would be a witch. It is not a new mob, but they used to only spawn near witch huts and in the recent update they now spawn anywhere based on darkness like other mobs.

Thanks for the offers to help. I've got a direction it is looking like we are heading, I will be posting about it soon.

-Digi
    UPSMatL
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Alas I would love to join the expedition this Saturday, but I will be at Disney World with my wife all weekend.
    Server will not let me connect.
    No idea what the cause is. Unfortunately without an admin on the server. We'll probably be out of luck.

I'll see what I can make happen.

-Digi
    Thanks for looking at that Ardi.

Note to players: The map backup has already been taken to use on the new host. Any changes to the currently running servers will be gone once we move to the new server.

-Digi
    Whatever bug it was we ran into a couple nights ago (the one that eventually took down the test server) seems to have corrupted and regenerated some chunks. Unfortunately a couple of those chunks were at spawn. The spawn houses and farms are gone. The desert builds near by are there. I didn't look to much further into it. This is the risk we take on beta software.

Fear not, we are still going to fight the dragon on the new server tomorrow. I'll have weapons, armor and potions available to those who need/want them.

I'll post the new server address a little before at 5pm Pacific tomorrow. See you then!

-Digi
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    I've finally caught up on all of the Minecraft stuff, and once we've got everything set up to where we start the new-official-oh-damn-son-FO-REALZ 1.7.4 world, I'm more than down to join in the festivities. I've been on a pretty huge Minecraft hiatus, and I've heard the game and world generation's changed greatly since then.

As for this Kill The Dragon thing, me and Shannon could BOTH be down for it tonight.
    BobbyDigi
    edited February 2014
    Dragon fight will be in about an hour on the current 1.7.4 test server. minecraft.ardichoke.info:25566

Hop on mumble and Hop on the server early and deck yourself out with the spoils at spawn.

-Digi
    Stream

-Digi
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    I might be a little bit late. A dickass friend won't take a hint and he and Shannon are finishing up a quest on Borderlands, then I have to get Mumble set up for her so she can hear you guys.
    Thanks @BobbyDigi!
    Was good time. We got an unfortunate platform spawn in The End causing a few people to die. The dragon fell as does the life of that world.

Here is the video from my perspective.

http://www.twitch.tv/b0bbydigi/b/503716509

-Digi