Chess Discussion and Online Matches

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited March 2014 in Gaming
Mr. CannonFodder challenged me to some chess and came across chess.com. Free, Can tie into Facebook (or not) and turn based.

Icrontic Members:

B0bbyDigi
canti58
DickClown - cola
Ryanfodder
vv1nfr3y
Creeperbane2
cliff_forster
Ilriyas
crazyjoe0813
pragtastic
tiberiuslazarus
MiracleManS
PsychicMuffin - Soda

Post your player names and send challenges away!

-Digi

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    canti58

chess me you chumps
    BobbyDigiUPSMatL
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    DickClown, come ate me
    BobbyDigiUPSMatL
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Chess is small time. Fite me in tites.
    midga
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    Tits clown chess

play chess with dicks
    UPSMatL

BobbyDigi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I think people are just making shit up at this point and stringing random words together
    BobbyDigiRahnalH102
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Get Chess'd in the butt... TWICE

vv1nfr3y
    UPSMatLBobbyDigi
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Just confirmed: you can access your games via chess.com's app on the Google play store.
    BobbyDigi
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    The trophies are hilarious.

Go to the Play menu to Online Chess. This lists all your games. On each of the finished games you can View the game and then click Give Trophy in the options on the right.

This allows you to send an achievement type message to your opponent. There are a bunch to scroll through.You can put in a message and then the trophies also show up on the players profile. Have fun with them! I sent a bunch off to the players who I played last night.

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Sick game against Digi last night ended in defeat but turned out a lot closer than I realized at the very end. He got me in checkmate one move before I could have done the same. Shit was real.
    BobbyDigi
    In my second game against Master cola, he beat me with some sly moves. I was poking around in the game and found that as a free player you receive one Computer Analysis each week. I submitted my loss for analysis.

What I got in return was a step through of the game pointing out where each of our "mistakes" and "blunders" were. You are able to go off the line and see what may have happened if you made a better move at any point you didn't stay even or lose position. Fun learning tool. I'll be taking advantage of it when I can.

I've also just realized there are comments on the games that some players were using for GGs. Please don't be offended if I did not GG in return. Just figured that out.

-Digi
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    Creeperbane2
    queen is OP plz nerf
    SignalCreeperbane2midgaRahnalH102
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    It's been a long time since I played anyone but my nine year old but count user cliff_forster in
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    UPSLynx said:

Chess is small time. Fite my titties.

What I read. And it will happen one day. Bro-bows be damned.

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Not a huge fan of chess. Whatever. Fite me anyway, jizzmuffins.

I r midga.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Ilriyas joins the fray.
    Digi is using a glitch where the king can clip through the rook. This is bullshit.
    midgaRahnalH102BasilSignal
    edited February 2014
    ChessHax

Deal With It

Edit: I can't seem to find a way to add people as friends without first starting a game so I added profile links to the OP here. Click to go to profile and then add from there.

-Digi
    midga
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    Uh, you can just type their user name in to the friend finder thingy and "invite" them to be your friend. I've sent out invites to everyone listed in this thread.

--edit--

And now I can't find the "friends" section anymore. This web design is kinda crap...

--edit--

Okay, found it. You mouse over "home" and it's in that menu. Or click this handy link for easy access to the friend adder thingadood.
    BobbyDigi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    CrazyJoe0813. I'm in!! Haven't played Chess in quite some time, but I'm down!
    Need to get some more games until I feel more settled in. Used to play a decent amount online several years ago. I'd say my openings are the most rusty right now.
    Had an awesome really close match with @CannonFodder.

Also challenges issued to all that I haven't played a game with yet.
    Won my first game against Digi and he put up a hell of a fight. Currently nearing the end of a game against Ryanfodder that looks like it will end in stalemate. Just started a game against Winfrey. Also this is sitting on a table in the breakroom at work.
    Picture taken so we can put the board back together when someone screws it all up, which has already happened...twice.
    edited February 2014
    Canti said:

Won my first game against Digi and he put up a hell of a fight.

Just to clarify, Canti's first win, second game against me ;)

I'm 12-4 now with Canti, Winfrey, Cannon and Cola each getting to me once.

-Digi
    CantiRyanFodder
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I've been having a ton of fun with this; very nostalgic :)
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I'm a chess scrub, but I'll play: pragtastic
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    ugh, fine. tiberiuslazarus

Fight me with Knights.
    BobbyDigiThrax
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Ok MiracleManS
    TIL Don't play chess with a migraine.

GG @Cannonfodder

We'll see how my game with @Winfrey goes with just a Bishop and two knights left.

-Digi
    Yeah I was wondering what was going on, you made some uncharacteristic mistakes the last 4-5 moves. :(