Civ V - "Aloha 'oe" [Complete]

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited September 2016 in Civilization
CB's 'Rock the Kasbah' game got me thinking the concept of everyone being a single civ is a pretty cool mechanic for balancing the game. In that spirit, who's interested in joining me as a Pacific islander? That's right, in this game, everyone will be Polynesia.

I'm thinking Tiny world, archipelago, strategic balance resource distribution, no CSs (because how much sense does it make for Quebec City to show up in Polynesia?) quick game pace, Classical Start.

Anyone care to join in?

Ins:
CB
CrazyJoe
Tushon
Basil
PirateNinja
Gargoyle
MrTRiot
PirateNinja

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Sure. :D
    GHoosdum
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    In
    GHoosdum
  • I'd love to be in:)
    GHoosdum
  • I'll invite you guys as soon as I create the game, which will be in the next day or two. Anyone else who's interested in welcome to join, since we have plenty of spots.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I have been holding off on participating in multiplayer Civ 5 games, but now have no more excuses (picked up the expansions on Humble Bundle). I'll get this setup tonight and presumably my username will be Tushon or it'll be automagic through steam.
    GHoosdum
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    FYI Tushon Polynesia is an extra DLC purchase, unless you've got all civs already unlocked with that humble deal.
    NiGHTS said:

FYI Tushon Polynesia is an extra DLC purchase, unless you've got all civs already unlocked with that humble deal.

I got the Gods and Kings and Brave New World expansions. If it's extra from those, meh.
    At least I was kind enough to warn you. Ghoosdom has earned quite the reputation for starting games with extra DLC enabled without telling anyone. Cost me good in-n-out money.

It's happened like one time, now. Kinda annoying. Hate that guy.
    GHoosdumBasilTushon
  • NiGHTS said:

At least I was kind enough to warn you. Ghoosdom has earned quite the reputation for starting games with extra DLC enabled without telling anyone. Cost me good in-n-out money.

It's happened like one time, now. Kinda annoying. Hate that guy.

QFT. ghoosdumb is a douche.

In this game I'll make sure that only the Polynesia and G&K/BNW DLCs are enabled when I start. ;)
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Eh, why not. In.
    GHoosdum
    GHoosdum said:

QFT. ghoosdumb is a douche.

Guy's outta control, plain and simple. <3
    GHoosdum
  • I started the invites. @Tushon do you have a GMR profile yet? If so, what is your steam username?
    I don't have polynesia expansion and am not planning on purchasing it.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    FTFY

Also I found your steam username. ;)
    Indeed you did. Thanks :)

Should be in GMR now with that name ( {IC} Tushon currently) via the sign-in through Steam option. If there is more I should do, please point me at the appropriate thread or portion of GMR website.
  • That seems to have done the trick, I was able to invite you to the game now.

Does anyone have any additional requests or rule suggestions before I start this game?

Custom .xml to enable complaints that the American nation is holding you back and you'd like to still be a kingdom would be a nice touch. Could try to work it into the attrition penalty somehow.

Basil
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2014

Sorry I'm late. If there's still room @GHoosdum, I'm in!

edited March 2014

@Gargoyle - Oh heck yeah there's room.

@NiGHTS - That sounds fascinating, hilarious, and fun. If only I knew how to do that!

@PirateNinja - I just noticed you haven't joined yet. Waiting for a space to open in your GMR game rotation, or did the invite not make it to you?

Garg
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

I would like an invite if that's possible still

• My badness, somehow I didn't see the email. I'm in.

@MrTRiot said:
    I would like an invite if that's possible still

Sure, what's your Steam/GMR username?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Did we get invited already? I didn't see an e-mail... Though it Seems I didn't get any emails at all from GMR for about a two week period ending last week, which is crazy, as I usually get three e-mail a day at least from various comments and such, so I think something was borked.

@CB said:
    Did we get invited already? I didn't see an e-mail... Though it Seems I didn't get any emails at all from GMR for about a two week period ending last week, which is crazy, as I usually get three e-mail a day at least from various comments and such, so I think something was borked.

Weird! I must have missed you in the invites, or maybe you're right about a bork. I just invited you (again?).

@NiGHTS said:
    Custom .xml to enable complaints that the American nation is holding you back and you'd like to still be a kingdom would be a nice touch. Could try to work it into the attrition penalty somehow.

Wait a minute, are you interested in joining this game or not? I can't tell, and I don't want to make a mistake and owe you TWO In-N-Out trips! I'm on a budget, you know!

T-T-T-TRIPLE POST!

PirateNinjaBasil

No, thank you :)

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

{IC}MrTRiot

What's GMR?

GMR is "Giant Multiplayer Robot" - it's how we're playing the multiplayer Civ games. You can sign up with your Steam user ID, then I can add you to the game: http://multiplayerrobot.com/