Return Of The Rennfest (2014)

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
The die is cast. Anne & Eli have declared their intent to reconvene Rennfest this year. Labor Day is not available due to a previous commitment, so it's slated for the weekend before that (22-24 August). This is opening weekend for the Rennfest, so there may be discounts and it's likely we'll have light crowds.

"This is a terrible idea," Anne said almost immediately after deciding to host an event with a one-year old. We couldn't agree more. :D The list is updated and our course is set. Pack your steins and book your flights.

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    First read that as "intent to reconceive Rennfest".

Tentatively in, pending funds and such.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    Finally Hired a new guy at work to train to be my Backup So I am IN!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Tentative.
  • whiskeyinyrshoeswhiskeyinyrshoes lost in my own allergies Member
    I am in for at least part of the weekend, seeing as I now live in the area. Depends on my work schedule (ah, the weekend-eating joys of working in public service).
    GnomeQueen
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    Tentative depending on new job hours. Will know more in the next couple months
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Tentative.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    I doubt I can make it to this if it's not during Labor Day weekend. I only have a couple of vacation days to last me until October. :(
  • BetsyDBetsyD Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

@CB and I decided to visit DC for my 30th birthday (How the hell that came so fast I don't know) so we will be in the area that weekend :) We would be down for dinner(s) with the group.

Annes
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Oh I guess I'm in. Will host people to ease the load :D

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

@thracks and I are pretty much a for sure! I've requested time off work. WOOO first ICRENN for me

Argh... I wish this was the weekend before, when I'll likely be in DC! I don't think this will work out :(

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@WagsFTW said:
    Argh... I wish this was the weekend before, when I'll likely be in DC! I don't think this will work out :(

SAA?

@GnomeQueen‌ yep - as long as things go as planned!

GnomeQueen

Whats the Cost of the Renn fair on saturday? I am pretty sure I can be there all day on saturday

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

$17 for 8/23-9/14. They jump up to $22 after the 14th for the remainder of the Fest.

Nice 17 bucks for the opportunity to eat giant turkey legs and beer. Im in

It should be noted that I still think this is a terrible idea. We'll see how it all pans out. Be gentle.

LincRyanFodderGnomeQueen
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Unfortunately, a work function will be keeping Meghann and I in Austin this weekend. We're out. :( Next year.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Time for the rest of you to get off the fence.

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

I'm out, my schedule isn't open that weekend

edited July 2014

So are there deets on this?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

1st post gives the date?

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@GnomeQueen‌ We show up on their doorstep by dinner on Fri and they take it from there?

@Annes is @Preacher‌ still living nearby? I forget where they moved to this time.

I mean-- where are we staying, what is going on, etc. I obviously know the dates.

Preacher is ~1 hour from Alexandria and 1 hour from @Annes‌ ' mom's house if we are staying thereabouts. I've got room for 2 on a pullout plus room for air mattress at my place for potential overflow. I'm not privy to the actual plans :)

GnomeQueen

Anyone have the Weekend Schedule? IS there a BBQ , ect ...

I feel like that question has already been asked and will be answered with @annes has the time. We had a major deployment that she was running today :P

GnomeQueen

I'm flattered that you guys think there is a schedule but it's pretty much as Linc said, show up at my place Friday before dinner or my mom's place after that time and we'll go from there. With such a small event the "who's coming and when will they arrive and depart" really matters in schedule making. Once we get that sorted we can solidify some plans.

So far you can mark me down for Saturday, Ill drive down in the AM ( Only about and hour and a half )

@Annes said:
    I'm flattered that you guys think there is a schedule but it's pretty much as Linc said, show up at my place Friday before dinner or my mom's place after that time and we'll go from there. With such a small event the "who's coming and when will they arrive and depart" really matters in schedule making. Once we get that sorted we can solidify some plans.

I mean by schedule I basically meant like, where are we staying, was your mom's place still open, etc. I know it's not epic, heh.