New member of the community!

garfieldsamgarfieldsam Woodbridge, Detroit, MI Member
Hey everybody.

I'm a huge gaming nerd who didn't even know that there was a sweet do-it-yrself gaming-and-other-nerdy-shit expo in Detroit until my acquaintance Norm (aka djmeph) started talking about it on facebook. I immediately signed up cuz I love bike rides and video games and Detroit.

I live a matter of 2 or 3 blocks from ICHQ and I am super stoked that something like this is happening in my wonderful little neighborhood Woodbridge. I also am stoked on this community because it seems really friendly and rad!

So, I figured I'd introduce myself in advance! Also, if anyone has any tips on how to best navigate the site, get up to speed, integrate myself as seamlessly into the community as possible, etc. that would be greatly appreciated. Look forward to meeting some of you in a matter of months.
BobbyDigiSignalLincdjmephAnnesCantiHumerusMegLeahVoice

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Welcome to Icrontic garfieldsam!

The best way I can suggest to get to know some of the community is to join us for some TF2 on Tuesday nights.

-Digi
    Signal
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    You, my friend, have come to the right place.

The best way to integrate is to join our mumble servers and hang out with us:
    ryder1021.no-ip.biz:64738 OR mbl1.gameservers.com:10147

Many of us are here after normal work hours hangin' out. Common games played are TF2, Civilization V, Payday 2, Titanfall (when it launches), or World of Warcraft (Kel'thuzad/Alliance).

Or if you don't have one of those games, hanging out is fine.
  • PinkPink Colour Sweden Icrontian
    edited February 2014
    Hello garfieldsam! You have indeed picked a neat community to join! I dunno if this is really necessary when this thread exists, but atleast you get a neat badge if you introduce yourself in this thread: icrontic.com/discussion/80432/introduce-yourself

EDIT: I noticed you already had the badge which makes my post less useful than was previously anticipated :P
    BobbyDigiSignalTushon
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I live a matter of 2 or 3 blocks from ICHQ

Uh,oh. Now you are going to have ICHQ's population overflow staying at your place.
    GnomeQueen
  • djmephdjmeph Detroit Icrontian
    Welcome to the fam, Sam. I'll give you the details on our next event, ICSP, which is the weekend of the March du Nain Rouge. Hopefully you can meet some peeps there.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Welcome to the cult community. Join our Icrontic Steam Group for updates on game events.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Signal said:

Welcome to the cult community. Join our Icrontic Steam Group for updates on game events.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Ah hell, ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
    djmephRahnalH102
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Hey man, welcome aboard :) Looking forward to meeting another Woodbridgian :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Oh no, not more Michiganders!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    Hi former neighbor!