Screen protector recommendations

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited February 2014 in Science & Tech
I'm probably going to need a screen protector for my N4. The oleophobic coating is coming off and the difference in texture at different places on the screen is driving me crazy. I'm going to try this, but I'm not sure if it will work or not.

Does anyone have one that they like?

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    I've always had a Zagg screen protector on my devices. Their site says they are finger print and smudge resistant but I don't see anything that says oleophobic. I've had one on my S4 since December and it has no finger prints on the screen. It may be getting cleaned in my pocket though. This probably didn't help you at all.
    Tushon
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    ArmorSuit or Zagg. My brother in law got the Armorsuit for my sister, military grade, on her tablet. Went on really nice and it seems really durable.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    Sonorous said:

I've always had a Zagg screen protector on my devices. Their site says they are finger print and smudge resistant but I don't see anything that says oleophobic. I've had one on my S4 since December and it has no finger prints on the screen. It may be getting cleaned in my pocket though. This probably didn't help you at all.

No, it's very helpful. I think my OP wasn't very clear. Perhaps a rewording:

My phone is losing it's coating. I'm going to try that fluid, but it may not work. If it doesn't work, I'm going to buy a screen protector. Which screen protector should I buy?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    I used a ZAGG Invisishield for several years on my HTC Inspire with great results. After a year or 1.5, one corner started coming up but that was likely bad application as no other corners started coming up. If you follow the directions super carefully, you'll get a great, no-bubble finish and long lasting protection.* I also used one on my Nook Color with similar results, though the nook color also had a case.

*That sounds like an advertisement, but I'm not affiliated :) Satisfied consumer.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    cool - the coating seemed to work well. I may do the screen protector anyway. I appreciate the suggestions.
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    edited March 2014
    here is the supplier for Zigg and other companies,

and here is coupons for 90% when u get 2+ (90off2)

http://www.xtremeguard.com/