Game Changing Update to Dustbowl

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
- Fixed an infinite healing exploit related to loadout presets
- Fixed a bug where Medics would be unable to deploy their ÜberCharge
- Fixed an exploit in Mann vs. Machine mode related to purchasing upgrades for free
- Fixed workshop contributors not being able to view all of their submitted items using the in-game menus
- Fixed Strange versions of The Southern Hospitality not tracking sentry kills
- Fixed The Fortified Compound not triggering the same taunts and voice lines as The Huntsman
- Fixed not hearing the taunt sounds for The Boston Boom-Bringer and The Infernal Orchestrina on Mann vs. Machine maps
- Fixed Natascha using the wrong material for the viewmodel
- Fixed Killstreak sheen effects for the Flying Guillotine (style), The Bat Outta Hell (style), The Unarmed Combat, The Wrap Assassin, The Chargin' Targe, and The Splendid Screen
- Updated the equip_regions for The Sangu Sleeves, The Huntsman's Essentials, The Lucky Shot, and The Soldier's Stash
- Updated The Crusader's Crossbow and The Festive Crusader's Crossbow to use the same crosshair as The Huntsman
- Updated cp_dustbowl
- Fixed Red team's stage 1 spawn door pushing players in the air
- Fixed collision on windows, props, and rooflines
- Fixed floating props
- Fixed players building inside the alternate exit from the Red spawn in stage 3
- Updated cp_mountainlab
- Fixed exploit on rafters near control point 2
- Updated ctf_2fort
- Fixed collision on train-wheels prop outside Blu base
- Fixed clipping on window ledges
- Fixed collision on pipes in flag rooms
- Fixed texture alignment on world map textures
- Fixed clipping issue in the middle where Blu could stand in the sky
- Updated pl_goldrush
- Added nobuild area under the train tracks to prevent teleport trap near Blu spawn in stage 1
- Community request:
- Added convar hud_combattext_batching_window to be used with hud_combattext_batching
- maximum delay between damage events in order to batch numbers
- min 0.1, max 2.0, default 0.2
Did you catch that?

D:

Dustbowl round 3 defense just took a hit. I built there just yesterday.

-Digi
Signal

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    O.o
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    I'm not saying I agree with it, but I understand why they did it.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    R.I.P
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    This is the area they are talking about right? (sorry for the bad picture, gaming sites are blocked at work for some reason)

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Oooooh man :-/ I've never seen stage 3 successfully defended without having an engie nest there...
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2014
    I interpret that as fixing a glitch related to building inside the exit *door* to the alternate exit route, the one which locks after 3.1 is taken by blue. Has anyone confirmed this? It really seems unlikely to me that they'd consider disabling building in that whole upper area a "fix" when it's been there since day 1 and everyone uses it.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I didn't think this was a big deal, until I realized the spot they were talking about. I gotta agree with @primesuspect. Which is kind of saying a lot, the entire 3rd stage defense is built around that single spot.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    I have a question, did that defense pretty much mean you were able to defend it 90% of the time?
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Yup! It was pretty annoying, I know it is too easily of a defend-able location, but as the same time where else can you set up without having 7 different ways to get around it.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Ryder said:

I have a question, did that defense pretty much mean you were able to defend it 90% of the time?

No. The first point only gets held like 25% of the time in my experience, and there's a sentry (or 2) there nearly 100% of the time. A solid uber or 2 will almost always break it.

GnomeQueen
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Whoa. I really hope Linc is right about the interpretation of that fix. That would really limit engie options on defense.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    The Reddits are saying it is just at the door. My bad for the misunderstanding.

-Digi
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    No worries. I thought the same thing too when I read it.
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    Stand down from red alert, false alarm:

GnomeQueentrooster89cola
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    Given how old this game is I'm pleasantly surprised that they're still making level updates (however small).
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Game changer on Turbine today

Figured a new thread wasn't necessary.

-Digi

Signal
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

RahnalH102
  • SignalSignal Icrontian
    edited April 2014

That's going to hurt our quintuple sentry fort.

ErrorNullTurnipCreeperbane2