Civ 5 - Icrontic FFA 001 [complete]

Comments

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited January 2013
    Oh, if you can add new people I'm in for that.

Though between all the switching I can't imagine I'll inherit much of a civ...
  • @CB how many players are left in the game? It seems like every time my turn gets skipped, my next turn comes up less than 12 hours later... and every time EEE_boy takes a turn, I get basically one evening at home to catch my turn, or else I get skipped in the middle of the night or the middle of the next work day...
  • I'm fine with a 2 day timer, but I'm sure you guys do realize we have been playing this game for 11 months (that's almost a year) and we are still pretty much in the ancient era. We literally may not finish the game for a few years unless we skip some turns.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2013
    I've been taken out by the evil Chinese. I might blame Annes, as she was once in control of this now-vile empire.

I fought a valiant fight, and at the end blew all my money on mercenaries, but they could not arrive quickly enough to save me. Thousands of Chinese crossbowman descended on my lands and made puppets of my people. The Aztec swordsmen arrived in time to find my walls burning, and my mayors heads on spikes in the squares.
    Annes
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    I am disappoint. The Russian horsemen arrived two turns too late to save the Empire of CB.
    Russian Horsemen would also have been cool. I didn't even see them on the horizon.

I guess I can only hope now to be avenged by the allies I purchased with my last pouch of gold.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    I'll kill everyone in your honor and memory.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'll kill everyone in your honor and memory.

Gandhi, is that you?
    GHoosdum
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    Yep. We were about a turn or two too late as well. We were just too far away.
  • I have a question regarding rules for this game. I was contacted by a player outside of the game regarding an alliance. I haven't written back.
    Is that sort of thing allowed? I was planning on relying on in game stuff .. like if we want to ally we offer a openborder/defense pact or something.

Anyway, what's the verdict on external communication / plotting? My thought is I ignore it and share what was offered to me to all of you so everything remains fair and you know what said person is thinking, not just me. The other option is that external communication is part of gmr games, and we embrace it.

External communication is part of the game. Share or do not as you see fit.

Really: I wish CivV had a better chat interface, so we could send actual messages to other players. It's silly that we cannot negotiate in-game in any way other than by making offers.
    Also, someone please tell me the ID# of the game (the number in the URL) Since I lost, I've been removed, and cannot manage or access it anymore, but to pass moderatorship onto another player, I have to know the ID#.
    thanks
    I messaged the admins, and they let me know that the game does in fact have a new host. The duties passed to gertadam automagically when I 'retired', you just can't really see the white host border against the sigil for the Ottomans. So, if you have issues with the game in the future, you'll have to bring them up with that dude.
  • That's interesting, I think I destroyed gertadam's last city on my last turn, so my guess is the host rights will pass on to crazy joe unless he has a hidden city somewhere.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Got an invite email this morning, but the link just gives me;
    Sorry!

It looks like this game is private, and you weren't invited. :(
    View Game Details
    Sorry about that. I forgot that GMR shows defeated Civs as AI, so we actually don't have any openings right now.
  • This game is getting weird, but at least nearly 2 years later we will have some sort of conclusion soon.

I am seriously confused as to how I lost my ally Vienna to Siberia.
  • 668 days, that was a heck of a game. Congratulations to everyone, I think anyone who survived to the end deserves a trophy.

China and Siam took the win via space race, a joint victory because China defended Siam so that the Siamese could concentrate on research instead of war. We both created the interstellar space craft ultimately.

I think I'd have bad conscience if I didn't at least mention that I think the role playing / narrative of this game overtook the logic/rules of the game near the end. I don't know if anybody else noticed or cared, but I just feel that Russia should have never allied so strongly with the Aztecs. Russia was my ally all game long, and I gave them unbalanced trades for half of it just because they went to war with me for a couple of turns. I had a good relationship with them and many good trades before the "exiled Chinese" leader took over. Regardless that made victory much sweeter, especially after all the talk on Steam and in the MR thread about who would finish the war, what the future was, how sweet it would be when I got nuked (never happened).

Good game everyone. Until our next epic two year long game.
    CBGarg
    Yep. Good Game!

I think, we all knew who was creamed corn and who was spacefaring like 40 turns ago, but it was fun playing the ally-to-the-end-even-though-I-really-shouldn't stuff at the conclusion. Seeing my cities get nuked, and making unreasonable, untenable demands was way more fun than turning on Azteca would have been.

It was also fun playing around by myself in the new world. I feel like most everyone ignored the new world, and I had three cities over there with no one to play with.

I'll start a thread for 'Icrontic FFA 002' soon. :D
    PirateNinjaGarg
  • Good point, fun always should come first! I never even saw the new world until satellites, at which point I promptly messed my diaper after seeing how much uranium you guys had. I never had a port city, and never even a single ship. The Dothraki fear the narrow sea.
    CBGarg
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2014

GG everyone. Having joined so late, I had no idea of the history of the game or what most of the map looked like. I've never seen the new world (or knew there was one until late game), but hopefully I'll get a glimpse of it from spaaaaaace.

It was fun to play the underdog. For my first dozen or so turns, it was repairing the damage that the AI did to China, and then I turtled so hard, expecting to get invaded. Which was silly to worry about pre-tanks, but I hadn't seen enough of the map to make informed decisions at that point.

Later, I was just itching to pillage everybody's oil. :D

I had so much uranium, but nobody within range that I wanted to attack.

Gargoyle said:

GG everyone. Having joined so late, I had no idea of the history of the game or what most of the map looked like. I've never seen the new world (or knew there was one until late game), but hopefully I'll get a glimpse of it from spaaaaaace.

It was fun to play the underdog. For my first dozen or so turns, it was repairing the damage that the AI did to China, and then I turtled so hard, expecting to get invaded. Which was silly to worry about pre-tanks, but I hadn't seen enough of the map to make informed decisions at that point.

Later, I was just itching to pillage everybody's oil. :D

I'm hoping the coastal city you took from me helped... it was pretty high production and fully developed. Once I knew my demise was inevitable, I just built as many advanced buildings and wonders there as I could until you took it.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2014

Taking Westport ended up being not such a great idea. The manufacturing was indeed impressive, but there were two issues that kept me from benefiting from it until the very end. One was that it was in resistance forever. 14 turns I think. Then I was going to annex it, but I was also about to get a great scientist that I desperately needed, and I didn't want to slow my great people rate. So I waited. I finally annexed it one turn before the end of the game and shed a tear when I saw how fast it could have built me a navy :(

GHoosdum
  • I think CB should have given Joe ironsands, Joe could have used it as a nuclear launchpad.

Making the war about Kathmandu was awesome because I didn't really care about it, much like I never really cared about Singapore but used it as a proxy war system for Persia all game long keeping them trapped in the dark ages.

I did click "one more turn" and submit if anybody really wants to keep going with it. I'm pretty burned out on this one though and would probably let the AI take over.

I played my next turn, only because I was hoping to watch the turn-by-turn replay map. I love those. But, apparently you don't get one if you lose by rocket, or maybe because I wasn't player 1 anymore? Sent it on, but I don't plan on one-more-turning it any further either.

Never really considered having CB "loan" me a city to use as a launchpad for my nukes. Hmm... Something to think about for future games.

edited March 2014

@CrazyJoe said:
    Never really considered having CB "loan" me a city to use as a launchpad for my nukes. Hmm... Something to think about for future games.

I'm just throwing this out there, but if you never considered that, I can see why you keep losing to Dan. Just sayin'. ;)