Civ 5 - Icrontic FFA 001 [complete]

124»

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2014

I keep mis-attributing features of previous Civ games to Civ V. I don't remember which ones they were, but you used to be able to build air bases, and put allied units on carriers. That'd give a lot more flexibility for air units.

But then I would have had a much worse defensive position in FFA 001 :D

edited March 2014

I played one more turn after everybody resigned. The AI was hilarious. Russia offered all 3300+ gold for peace, and Aztec actually started using planes (although my notifications of who and what damaged my units were always either vague or missing, so maybe I was getting bombed the whole time and never knew). I finally caught a glimpse of the rest of the world, too, thanks to a glitch where it let me watch Siam's turn.

Edit: @CB: why did you not buy a Russia-sized arsenal of nukes with that much gold? I thought I was going to get hellfire rained down on me from Iron Dune.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2014

I also had a wrong civ version error. I'm not much of a warmonger, so I don't always remember how war build up functions. In past civ games, building the Manhattan Project enabled the building of nuclear weapons. Period. In Civ V, apparently, it only enables them once you also have Nuclear Fission tech, which is not, for some reason, required for building the Manhattan Project, You only need Atomic Theory for that. In order to get Nulclear Fission, I needed to get Atomic Theory and Radar, so once I had the Manhatten Project, and bombs did not appear as an option, I discovered my mistake, and started right in on researching Radar, but it was too late. I got the ability to build nukes just after the game ended.

tl;dr: I are a dumb.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

This exact reason is why I researched the tech needed to build nuclear weapons before I finished the MP. I then could start producing nukes right away as soon as MP finished. I had kept the MP on one turn left to build until I needed it. Once I saw Siam's units bearing down on my southern cities I finished it.

@CB said:
    In Civ V, apparently, it only enables them once you also have Nuclear Fission tech, which is not, for some reason, required for building the Manhattan Project, You only need Atomic Theory for that. In order to get Nulclear Fission, I needed to get Atomic Theory and Radar, so once I had the Manhatten Project, and bombs did not appear as an option...

I did the same thing with Flight, and then realized I needed Biology for oil.

I also must have been remembering an older version of Civ when I thought only one Civ needed to build the Manhattan Project to enable nukes for everybody.

@CrazyJoe said:
    This exact reason is why I researched the tech needed to build nuclear weapons before I finished the MP. I then could start producing nukes right away as soon as MP finished. I had kept the MP on one turn left to build until I needed it. Once I saw Siam's units bearing down on my southern cities I finished it.

Nice work!

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Civ V is the first one that requires each individual civ to build the MP rather than just one person.

Garg