Season Four of the League of Extraordinary Icrontians is [gone]

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Diablo 3 RoS, Titanfall, but hey, prime didn't play TF2 last night, so IT'S A HUGE BIG PROBLEM BECAUSE WOW.

I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

No WoW hate intended. Just lower than average server attendance last night + Prime not there + he's raiding + we miss Prime = Pitchforks and torches. Sorry.

primesuspect
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2014

We need our parents,papaPrime and Mr.Lincoln, otherwise all the kids turn into dicks.

@Signal said:

No WoW hate intended. Just lower than average server attendance last night + Prime not there + he's raiding + we miss Prime = Pitchforks and torches. Sorry.<

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

I did tell them there was a raid going on, maybe I shouldn't have said anything but people wanted to know where you were.

Sorry about that Prime.

Ryder
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2014

If you can't tell between this and the Facebook posts, @primesuspect is a little touchy about the WoW thing lately. :nudge: .

UPSLynx
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited March 2014

He is touchy? It seems more than just him ;)

Funny how the 30+ that don't play TF2 anymore/regularly haven't bitched about anyone not being around on Tuesdays for what, 4 years? Now because Brian missed one for WoW, we have this discussion.

edited March 2014

I'm touchy about groupthink dictating what I can and cannot do.

• trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian

Cantiprimesuspectoni_delsCreeperbane2
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

I believe the discussion was because someone thought that the raid had been moved to Tuesday permanently, not just for one day. And I don't recall us ever discussing Primesuspect specifically; only half the server was full, so we thought a number of people were probably raiding. Now that we know that it was just one pickup raid and not a permanent move, we can stop worrying about it?

Signal
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    The only person who knew about the raid was Ilriyas, so... Thanks for that.

Dude, don't even blame Ily for that, it's not on him at all.

No one meant to call you out specifically. We don't give a crap what game you play when. It was just a conversation that struck up last night after we couldn't even muster a full server of IC people by 30 minutes, and then the entire server died by an hour in. People wondered where everyone was, saw a full mumble server, and were just bummed out.

There was talk from those who know WoW about the loot reset cycle or something like that, so the conclusion was drawn that raiding happens Tuesday now. I dunno. So we started talking about potentially moving TF2sday so we could have full participation again.

Signalmidga
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Unfortunate sequence of events and miscommunications is unfortunate. =/

GnomeQueen

Whatever regulars weren't there last night were not playing WoW.

_k
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

k said:

Oh man, I didn't even see the spy when I looked at this yesterday. Well played.

-Digi

_kGnomeQueenBasilRahnalH102
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2014

How I imagine everything this morning.

primesuspecttrooster89RahnalH102midga
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I did explain the raid reset and why you were raiding at the time. "I is horrible talker" though and likely left out important details in my explaination due to my anxiety/rushed/mumbled speech. that's why I prefer to type but that rarely gets noticed in TF2. I am sorry that I added to the confusion.

Personally it did feel lackluster IC people wise, but there were irregular regulars in throughout the night. So it felt that way but wasn't all the time. Also the most people dropped off when we were swapping to 2Fort, and I'm under the impression that a majority of TF2 players don't like that map, let alone IC regulars. <.< >.>

midga

2fort can definitely be a server killer.

GnomeQueenmidga
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2014

I like 2Fort (of course I also think Hydro is great so what do I know). I dropped because I was in no mood for gaming & chatter and had had enough after 1 map.

-Digi

RahnalH102
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

BE HERE OR BE CHIMPY, CHIMPASS.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Personally, the map rotations have always been a problem LoEI has for me. It's always the same tried and true set and rarely any of the other maps/modes, which are almost always met with negativity.

I understand some don't like other maps/modes. That's fine. Your preferences are your own. What I don't know, and want to remedy, is WHY you don't like them.

I'm just a minority in all this though, and things will likely continue as they have been. If I can just understand your fear/hatred/annoyance with other maps I will be content.

One time I joined the UPS crew and a couple others on the server on a Saturday night I believe. Did a bunch of different maps and even arena mode. Either they didn't care or where too drunk to care. Freaked them out with a spray I had. Very fun times. May just go with having unofficial nights to mess around with the other stuff if people are interested.

Scoreboard

That time DigiKid had more points than everyone on the other team, Myself and Prime included

-Digi

I can tell you first-hand why we don't do arena maps: They break the server. Every time. Whether it's SourceMod or whatever plugin we use that doesn't work with it or what, I don't know, but any time we've switched to Arena it just breaks shit.

Can you give us examples of "other maps/modes" that you think people don't like? I'm not clear on what you mean. What I DO know is that if we switch to Hydro, the server empties. If we switch to 2fort, the server empties. Therefore, to maintain the game momentum and actually allow everyone to keep playing, we just don't switch to those maps very often.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

Everyone seems to enjoy payload maps because of the pass/fail outcome. There is an end. With hydro, there does not seem to be an end as long as teams are even. That is my inebriated logic. Not sure about 2fort. Maybe it's something they didn't get right in the remake, maybe it's how narrow the map is (as opposed to the wide open expanses of the new maps). I enjoy 2fort, however it is a very linear map in terms of what takes place. What part of the map sentrys are built, where snipers are, corridors for most of the map.

Found the list of all the maps. I will touch on the ones that seems to give off that feel.

• 2Fort: I think Signal hit it on the head. It's a pretty linear map especially compared to others. Plus it's been around since launch.
    • Hydro: Also from launch. Either goes too quickly or too long it seems.
    • Process: Been on it a couple times. People get confused by it's layout often it seems.
    • Standin: People didn't like this form of Control Points (Domination)
    • Kong King: Maybe the aesthetics of the map, or confused by it's layout.
    • Degroot Keep: People don't like the restrictions of Medieval mode.
    • Doomsday: I'm not sure on this one.
    • Gorge/5Gorge: Not sure on these two either.

Notes on other maps:

• Foundry: People do enjoy this one. However it broke after an update and as far as I know hasn't been touched since. Don't know if it's fixed or not.
    • Freight: I've played this once before on a different server. I haven't' seen this appear on a LoEI night at all. Not sure if there is a problem with it or it's just never picked.
    • Snakewater: Newest map. Haven't' been to it.

For most Control Points and King of the Hill people seem to like the map itself, but not the mode specifics. Like number of rounds to win. They get bored with it after the 3rd round and want to move on.

After thinking about this more maybe all that's needed is more/smarter options for the map voting, and a change to some round settings for other modes. For example the amount of options to vote on increases a bit to say 7 instead of five. Or if possible it rigs the list to show some of the lesser played maps only, and the well trodden maps are down to 1 or 0 entries for that vote, or some other feature along those lines. Maybe shuffle the cycle at the beginning so that we don't always start on Dustbowl. Lot's of potential solutions (to a small problem) but I don't know the full situation on how to implement any of them.

People obviously want things to keep moving at a fair pace, since they may not have much time to play for the night.

For Arena, I can't confirm that we were playing on the IC server on that Drunk UPS Clan Night. If we were, I suspect there is a size limit issue as were were a small group of maybe 6-8.

I just feel that with 46 official maps available (excluding Arena & Halloween maps) that we could get a bit more variety in and spice LoEI up a bit.

PirateNinjaSignalUPSLynx
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

So I could point out some issues from my experiences in TF2.

2Fort: It's turtlefort, build 9 sentries to guard your intel and there's no way you can lose. CTF in general is a very campy/turtley game mode which means that it's stale pace isn't favored by many. I'll admit, Doublecross is better but also has it's issues.

Hydro: I don't have any issues with it personally, but it is long and often ends in stalemate/sudden death.

Doomsday/Degrootkeep: With how fast the rounds are on these maps, we usually are only on it for ~2 mins due to our two round limit. I love these maps myself.

Gorge/5Gorge: Gorge is fine, 5Huge isn't, it's unnecessarily large and a pain to get anywhere. 5-point CP maps are already a time commitment, but 5Gorge is it's own beast.

Arena maps have broken the server since the beginning so that's been a no go.

SignalMiracleManS
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

Solo got real old.

Signal_kRahnalH102