Is this a good price for the specs?

Hoodiesgirl87Hoodiesgirl87 Ms.Cincinnati, OH. Member

CB (and whoever else wants to opinionate),

Do you think this is a good price?

https://m.hpdirect.com/hp/product/viewspec.do

Comments

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Hoodiesgirl87‌ That link doesn't go anywhere :-/ Could you tell us what model you were looking at?

midgaHoodiesgirl87
  • Hoodiesgirl87Hoodiesgirl87 Ms. Cincinnati, OH. Member

I was afraid of that ill send some screen shots

Here ya go!

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I don't see a price on there.

Hoodiesgirl87
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2014

Kind of hard to answer your question, there is no price in those screenshots and it is displaying all the available options for that model, not the options that you are considering. You need to pick out all the options you're looking at, then click "Save" and put in your email address. It should then give you a link to go to your saved configuration which you can paste to us. It will look similar to this one: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/load_configuration.do?destination=review&config_id=8331592

Hoodiesgirl87

Sorry i forgot to add this

@d3k0y said:
    I don't see a price on there.

$699.99

I think $100 off too if i order

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian

@ardichoke said:
    it is displaying all the available options for that model, not the options that you are considering.

Hoodiesgirl87

facepalm i fail at life...im getn blood drawn atm at drs office but when i get home ill do all that. Save it and send you all that link. Sorry :(> @midga said:

Ok guys that specific cpu doesnt let me save it only tells me "call to customize". But i was told the first specs in each section is the base price. Additional costs are added to upgrade.

edited April 2014

@Hoodiesgirl87‌ Tell you what. Why don't you just type out what would be in the computer you're looking at and the price, and we can go from there. Generally with a prebuilt like that, you're paying for stability and the warranty, so you have to take that into consideration in any case. Also, what you're wanting to use it for factors in as well.

Hoodiesgirl87
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Based on her previous thread it looks like she's looking for a tower in the $400-500 price range. She will use it to play Portal and maybe WoW and other basic computer tasks like browsing/email.

midgaSignalHoodiesgirl87

Well then, the tower listed in that series of images with any of the options, as long as it has a dedicated graphics card (i.e. not the on-board Intel) should be able to do that. It might be advisable to acquire an aftermarket graphics card instead of one of the two listed there, but I don't know nvidia really so I don't know what those are capable of.

Hoodiesgirl87

Yeah and my budget has moved up to $700 lol but yeah i want it for basic use but i also want to play some games. I dont think ill play wow but i definitely want to try some other games. CB is the one who suggested the portal series. Heres a brief list of specs im looking for...

Windows 8
    Intel 7
    8G
    1TB
    Graphics card that will suppirt gaming
    Id prefer the brand to be HP but im open for suggestions.

Thanks guys!!!

If you buy it from a brick-and-mortar, you might be able to test it out for a week or so and return it if it doesn't work out for you. I did that with a laptop at Best Buy a few years ago.

I'll always suggest Lenovo, but HP's alright. Really, as long as you get a good warranty with it (and the customer service isn't shite), who you go with shouldn't matter too much. If you already have a brand preference, by all means stick with them.

Hoodiesgirl87JBoogaloo
  • @Hoodiesgirl87 - You don't strike me as someone that needs to up their budget to get a reasonably decent desktop PC for your needs. I think the A10 based PC is a winner for you and if you need to add a graphics card to you can easily do so with the remainder of your budget. You can test it out, take the extra $250 and spend it on a better monitor, keyboard, webcam, whatever for a better experience. To play WOW and Portal you don't need an i7 with a high end dedicated graphics card.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/essentio-desktop-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/1681287.p?id=1219059643159&skuId=1681287&st=asus A10&cp=1&lp=2#tab=overview

• SignalSignal Icrontian

@Cliff_Forster said:
    Hoodiesgirl87 - You don't strike me as someone that needs to up their budget to get a reasonably decent desktop PC for your needs. I think the A10 based PC is a winner for you and if you need to add a graphics card to you can easily do so with the remainder of your budget. You can test it out, take the extra $250 and spend it on a better monitor, keyboard, webcam, whatever for a better experience. To play WOW and Portal you don't need an i7 with a high end dedicated graphics card.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/essentio-desktop-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/1681287.p?id=1219059643159&skuId=1681287&st=asus A10&cp=1&lp=2#tab=overview

Agreed, WoW and Source games aren't resource intensive. Like Cliff said, you'd be better off scaling down the PC and investing the money in other parts.

JBoogaloo